Delete.

35 wins is a successful year IMO, assuming this comes with fewer injuries than last year and dealing Jackson and or Maggette while giving the younger nucleussteady minutes.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4512325

And I'd like to win the lottery tomorrow.
[h2]Warriors' Jackson still wants trade[/h2]
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Stephen Jackson still would like to be traded from the Golden State Warriors and doesn't regret his comments saying he would like to be dealt.

On Monday, he even went as far as to say he regrets nothing in his career, speaking specifically about going into the stands with then-Indiana teammate Ron Artest during an ugly brawl with the Detroit Pistons in 2004.

Jackson unloaded his frustrations with the franchise during media day Monday, reiterating public comments he made last month that he wants out so he has a more realistic chance at getting to the playoffs.

Jackson said he is unhappy with the team's decline since reaching the second round of the 2007 playoffs to end a 13-year postseason drought.

The Warriors' leading scorer and top defensive player was fined $25,000 by the NBA earlier this month for saying so.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

He wasn't unhappy enough to accept money from a terrible team, though.

He's a prime reason why I won't renew season tickets.

I'll gladly see a game or two, via Craigslist season ticket holders.

Otherwise it'll be TV for me. Cheaper beer and better company (my wife).

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

More Ellis on an Ellis/Curry tandem: "I just want to win, and that's not going to win, that way."

Today, Ellis said a backcourt of he and Curry is too small and that "you're not going to win that way."

When asked today about playing alongside Stephen Curry, Monta Ellis responded: "Us together? Can't ... we just can't."

via twitter.

laugh.gif
couple hours into the season and it's alrdy doomed
The life of a Golden State Warriors fan.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Jackson said he took the extension last year because he had to look out for himself, but sees W's getting worse with every move since '07.
He could have easily passed on an extension and walked after this year or been traded during this summer. I get where he's coming from, buthe must be an idiot if he thinks a good team would trade for that contract.

1st string : Monta / Morrow / Jackson / Randolph / Biedrins
2nd string: Curry / Buike / Magette / Wright / Turiaf

I think that will be the lineups for the season. I agree with monta that he and curry shouldnt play together at the 1 and 2, because of the size and causemorrow is a taller 2 who can shoot the lights out. The line up looks pretty strong aswell, the only quesiton is can monta be a point guard?

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

More Ellis on an Ellis/Curry tandem: "I just want to win, and that's not going to win, that way."

Today, Ellis said a backcourt of he and Curry is too small and that "you're not going to win that way."

When asked today about playing alongside Stephen Curry, Monta Ellis responded: "Us together? Can't ... we just can't."

via twitter.

laugh.gif
couple hours into the season and it's alrdy doomed
The life of a Golden State Warriors fan.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

To be honest, I'm really starting to dislike Monta. The Warriors don't owe this guy anything, and for this guy to act like a little #!@$#already to the public has just secured my feelings towards him. There are consequences in every thing you do. Nobody made him get on the moped, then lieabout it. Dude's a little #!@$#.

Co-sign DP.

Not saying what Monta said isn't valid, but there's a way to do it and a thing called professionalism. Clearly he's proven over and over again helacks capacity.

At this point, just produce on the damn court and @+**.

Originally Posted by SN DG

I think that will be the lineups for the season. I agree with monta that he and curry shouldnt play together at the 1 and 2, because of the size and cause morrow is a taller 2 who can shoot the lights out. The line up looks pretty strong aswell, the only quesiton is can monta be a point guard?
Morrow shouldn't start. His size doesn't do anything because he is that bad of a defender. If Azubuike can play a better overall game,then he should definitely start.

[h2]Monta Ellis on pairing with Stephen Curry: "We can't… (We're) not going to win that way"[/h2]
Posted by Tim Kawakami on September 28th, 2009 at 2:15 pm | Categorized as NBA, Warriors

This is going to be a wild Warriors season. You knew that. They're always wild. But this one… this one could be an all-timer.

Started off today with Media Day, and you could never imagine Monta Ellis would upstage Stephen (Trade Me) Jackson in the talking, but that's exactly what Ellis did.

I'll say that Ellis was much more focused and direct than he usually is when he speaks to the media. He had a point to make about himself, and with the Warriors' talks about playing Ellis together with touted draft pick Stephen Curry.

Ellis point: That won't work. Period. With excellent reasoning: They're too similar and too small and Curry's too young to make up for his deficiencies.

FYI, that's reasoning that the Warriors management is trying to ignore.

Ellis could not have been more clear. It's the clearest point I've ever heard Ellis make, by a landslide, over these many years.

This is not the full Ellis transcript, but the weighty part, sliced out, with much more to come, including Jackson Himself, refusing to back off of his trade request (without saying the words), and ripping Warriors management for making the team worse every step of the way since the '07 playoff run.

Classic Warriors: Their best two players are the most disgruntled… and they're also both much smarter than Warriors management.

-ELLIS, partial transcript/

-Q: Jackson says you're going to be playing with a chip on your shoulder… You think so?

-ELLIS: (laughs) Only thing I'm going to be playing for is to win. A chip? I don't know what that means. Like I said, I'm just coming back to show everybody I worked hard this summer to get myself back to 100%, to see the Monta Ellis that everybody wants to see. Just glad to be back on the court.

-Q: How important was it to you that Don Nelson and Larry Riley flew out to see you in the off-season? What was that about?

-ELLIS: Really just… get on the same page. They wanted me to lead the team. Be one of the leaders.

We had to air some stuff out that happened last year that should've been… We put all of it behind us. Everybody's coming in positive, everybody's got a great mindset. Everybody just wants to win.

-Q: Being a leader, does that mean being the point guard?

-ELLIS: Nope. Being a leader means lead by example. Say what I mean and mean what I say. And I can't go out and tell nobody to do this when I'm not out there doing it myself. You know, lead by example. Be that leader.

-Q: Have you talked to Jackson, understand his situation?

-ELLIS: That's Stephen Jackson's situation. That's not mine. That's not for me to comment on or whatever… Let Stephen and the organization handle that part. Like I said, at the end of the day, when the ball is tipped off, I know that Stephen will be there to play basketball, whether he's here or somewhere else.

-Q: So it won't impact you?

-ELLIS: It's not going to impact anybody. I mean, he's got a hold on his situation. He's got control over it. He's being professional about it.

Everybody's coming in with a great mindset of just winning. That's it.

-Q: Do you expect to be playing the 1 or the 2?

-ELLIS: I just want to play basketball. It doesn't matter. You could put me at the 5, I just want to play basketball. It doesn't matter what position I play.

-Q: Were you OK with them drafting Stephen Curry? He's pretty similar to you…

-ELLIS: I mean, I don't have a problem. Whatever decision they make upstairs, that's their decision. They're doing it for a reason.

I'm going to wish Curry the best in training camp, get better as his career goes on. We're not worrying about it. We're teammates. We're not out here fighting for a position, because that's not the case.

-Q: Can you see yourself playing with Curry in the backcourt?

-ELLIS: I can't answer that. Us together? No.

-Q: Why not?

-ELLIS: Can't. We just can't.

-Q: Too small? Too similar?

-ELLIS: Just can't.

-Q: The Warriors say you can.

-ELLIS: They say we can? Yeah. If they say it. But we can't.

-Q: You wouldn't want to give it a shot?

-ELLIS: I just want to win. That's… not going to win that way.

-Q: Why not?

-ELLIS: It's different when you're trying to compare me and Stephen, when you're trying to go back to when me and BD were playing, it's a different situation.

You've got a nine-year veteran who's been in the game, who understands the game, knows how to play the game, and he's a big body…

You can't put two small guys out there and try to play the 1 and the 2 when you've got big 2 guards in the league. You just can't do it.

OK, yes, we're going to move up and down fast, but eventually the game is going to slow down.

You can't do it.

Originally Posted by daprescription

Originally Posted by SN DG

I think that will be the lineups for the season. I agree with monta that he and curry shouldnt play together at the 1 and 2, because of the size and cause morrow is a taller 2 who can shoot the lights out. The line up looks pretty strong aswell, the only quesiton is can monta be a point guard?
Morrow shouldn't start. His size doesn't do anything because he is that bad of a defender. If Azubuike can play a better overall game, then he should definitely start.
morrow is a deadly shooter and the hardest worker on the warriors. his all around game is improving everyday and i think he can be a starter

Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:56 am EDT
[h2]Warriors could send Jackson to Knicks[/h2]
By Mark Miller

Golden State Warriors forward/guard Stephen Jackson(notes) asked for a trade earlier this year and it's looking like he might get his wish, according to the New York Post. Warriors head coach Don Nelson is saying he's likely to trade Jackson.

Earlier in the off-season Jackson said he'd like to go to the Cleveland Cavaliers, the New York Knicks, or "anywhere in Texas." It's not believed the Cavs have any place for him and who knows if anybody in Texas wants Jackson but it is believed that Knicks president of basketball operations Donnie Walsh has some interest in making such a deal since he's had a hard time attracting talented players to his team and, more importantly, Jackson's contract runs out next summer.

Walsh has been trying to get as many expiring contracts onto the squad as possible, it appears, because there are so many big-name free agents available next summer, including Amar'e Stoudemire(notes), Chris Bosh(notes), Dwyane Wade(notes), and LeBron James(notes).

How do these guys get these jobs
smh.gif
laugh.gif

The only way the Knicks would trade for Jackson is if they give up a contract that isn't expiring (Jared Jeffries or Eddy Curry).
25irx1k.png

Thing is, the Warriors aren't smart enough to just let him go and look towards the future and the free cap space the team would have.

ill do jackson+randolph for curry+jefferies+hughes.
snapping back to reality, i doubt walsh takes any contract going past then 2010, unless jacksons contract expires at 2011.
edit: no way on earth walsh takes on jacksons contract. dude has an extra 2 years more hten both curry and jefferies
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

I have requests for some pictures and any help would be awesome.

I'm looking for any/all of Anthony Randolph draft days pictures of him shaking hands with Stern and all the way through to his studio pictures. If anyone doesn't know what studio pictures I'm talking about, it's just like these Curry ones.

2ebg07l.jpg

Thanks in advance.
pimp.gif
I have the high quality getty image of Randolph with the clouds behind him and stuff if you want that.

Back
Top Bottom