Delete.

Thanks JRich!

pimp.gif

I slept at like 2:00AM and had to wake up at 6:00AM, and here I am at work...

happy bday andrew
pimp.gif
, have a good one and drink legally.

work in taiwan thus far has been really chill, haven't had much to do since my supervisor is busy, he's supposed to give me a research topic soontho....my coworkers are chill and nice even tho they can't speak english...i will slowly turn into a fob.

Originally Posted by acidicality

happy bday andrew
pimp.gif
, have a good one and drink legally.

work in taiwan thus far has been really chill, haven't had much to do since my supervisor is busy, he's supposed to give me a research topic soon tho....my coworkers are chill and nice even tho they can't speak english...i will slowly turn into a fob.
i'm just doing research now too. so boring. what company and what kind of research are you going to be doing?

it's the national syncrotron radiation research center in taiwan...it's basically a particle accelerator, similar to the one at Stanford and Berkeley,where they accelerate electrons or w/e and have different syncrotron beams or something like that. supposedly i'm supposed to be doing something regardingseeing the effects of changing the temperature of a RF vessel (which helps add energy to compensate for energy los from the beam deflections) from 4K to 2Kbecause at 2K it becomes a superconducting vessel or some %++@ like that, it's sorta hard to explain but i'm just supposed to research the effects ofthis temperature change.

where do u work, and what's your research about?

I work for CalPERS's (California Public Employees' Retirement System) asset allocation division. This division focuses on maximizing returns of aportfolio by finding the perfect diversification plan between stocks, bonds, cash, and other investments. Right now, my supervisor and I are working on findinga good benchmark index to maintain are long-term plans for fixed-income investments. Once we figure that out, we're going to have to do a bunch ofpresentations and hopefully the board approves. I think we might be starting a new project next week on private and public equity allocations.

A complete 180 from what you're researching...

lol of course its exciting for us and summer league (sadly)....its the only venue when we can completely dominate and have no Don Nelson.

Wouldn't that be dope if Nellie said he won't do road games ala Phil Jackson?

CalPers got the $+# beat out of them...I forget how many bad investments I read they had...didn't they have some undeveloped land in Arizona too? Maybe adifferent pension.

I audit a investor partnership who in return invests (on of their clients is a different state retirement) in other partnerships who are a part of abuyout...pretty cool.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

CalPers got the $+# beat out of them...I forget how many bad investments I read they had...didn't they have some undeveloped land in Arizona too? Maybe a different pension.

I audit a investor partnership who in return invests (on of their clients is a different state retirement) in other partnerships who are a part of a buyout...pretty cool.
Sadly, I don't keep up with CalPERS history. I don't see myself going down this path in the long-run, but I feel like it's going to bea good experience. Maybe by the end of this internship I might feel differently.

[h2]Uni Watch: Operation overhaul[/h2]8. Golden State Warriors
[h4]WARRIORS OVERHAUL INDEX[/h4] [table][tr][td]S[/td] [td]10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]U[/td] [td]5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]C[/td] [td]8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]K[/td] [td]10[/td] [/tr][/table]

It is nothing short of tragic that the team associated with some of the most iconic designs in NBA history has spent the past two decades saddled with a series of utterly characterless uniforms. Their current look is a total snooze, their logo looks like it was cribbed from a bad comic book, and the lightning bolt motif should be reserved for the teams like the Chargers and Lightning. Also, if you're going to name your team Golden State, you really ought to stick to California's official state colors, which are blue and gold. So what's with all the orange? Back to the drawing board, pronto. S.U.C.K.itude: 33 out of 40.

mediapose06_city.jpg

rick-barry_warriors.jpg

p1jackson.jpg

[h1]Warriors' Maggette Has Wrist Surgery[/h1]
Posted Jun 30, 2009 5:34PM By Matt Steinmetz (RSS feed)

Filed Under: NBA Injuries

Print

Text Size A A A
Warriors swingman Corey Maggette missed 31 games in 2008-09 with a variety of injuries. He had right hamstring issues, some ankle problems, a head injury and then post-concussion syndrome.

On Monday, Maggette underwent surgery on his right wrist.

The Warriors said Maggette will require only minimal rehabilitation, but he won't be doing any basketball-related work for the next three or four weeks.

The surgery was performed by Dr. Roy Meals of UCLA, according to the Warriors.

Although Maggette didn't miss any games in 2008-09 because of his wrist, he had said it was bothersome for much of the season.http://

The surgery was performed by Dr. Roy Meals of UCLA, according to the Warriors.

Although Maggette didn't miss any games in 2008-09 because of his wrist, he had said it was bothersome for much of the season.

Back
Top Bottom