Delete

All the Michael Jackson avy's are fighting
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

Because you are an uncle Tom. Through your history of posts there's a clear hint of self hatred in there. You seem to always find a way to take the black struggle and trivialize it as unnecessary and savage, like the few privileges we enjoy today were a given without that struggle.

Never have I made light of black oppression. I'd like to see direct evidence that supports this claim. Not some spin on my words based on your ownperception.

In all my involvement in racial threads, I've taken the same standpoint. Everyone suffers. There's nothing uncle tomish about that because it's thetruth. I've seen my father struggle (a black man from NY) the same wway I watched my mother struggle to raise me(a white woman from the US virgin Islands). I don't promote self hate, I just realize that there's little that can be done about our past besidesstriving to make the future better. I acknowledge every but of oppression, period.

I did not compare the two groups to eachother in the sense of their both being the same (as in their purpose, values, etc). I said the Panthers were indeedmilitant (they were) and they did use violence. At the end of the day, death is death. A klansman may hang a black person the same way a panther may shoot awhite person; same out come.

Fam actually calls me an enemy to the race. Let's be real. I promote equality for all mankind, while you (Haze) try to outcast me for not holding adeep-seated loathing for other races. Again I ask, who is the real uncle tom?

Originally Posted by iBlink

Because you are an uncle Tom. Through your history of posts there's a clear hint of self hatred in there. You seem to always find a way to take the black struggle and trivialize it as unnecessary and savage, like the few privileges we enjoy today were a given without that struggle.

Never have I made light of black oppression. I'd like to see direct evidence that supports this claim. Not some spin on my words based on your own perception.

In all my involvement in racial threads, I've taken the same standpoint. Everyone suffers. There's nothing uncle tomish about that because it's the truth. I've seen my father struggle (a black man from NY) the same wway I watched my mother struggle to raise me (a white woman from the US virgin Islands). I don't promote self hate, I just realize that there's little that can be done about our past besides striving to make the future better. I acknowledge every but of oppression, period.

I did not compare the two groups to eachother in the sense of their both being the same (as in their purpose, values, etc). I said the Panthers were indeed militant (they were) and they did use violence. At the end of the day, death is death. A klansman may hang a black person the same way a panther may shoot a white person; same out come.

Fam actually calls me an enemy to the race. Let's be real. I promote equality for all mankind, while you (Haze) try to outcast me for not holding a deep-seated loathing for other races. Again I ask, who is the real uncle tom?

smh.gif

Originally Posted by AF1 Beast

iBlink, do you even find it wrong at all that we as African-Americans were held as slaves?

Real talk, don't let the quotes of other misconstrue your perception of me. The people who call me an uncle tom have no idea of my up bringing, nor havethey ever taken the time to actually try to take away the true substance of me responses. They see my posts and automatically assume I'm saying F Blackhistory, as opposed to what it is that i am really saying.

The whole time I've been in this thread, my argument was simple: people will quicker acknowledge the Panther's vision of empowerment, yet ignore thatthey were indeed a militant group. ALL I said was that violence is violence, no matter which end it comes from. Am I denouncing their attempts to raise thelevel of black equality by noting that they too had skeletons in their closet?

I did not compare the two groups to eachother in the sense of their both being the same (as in their purpose, values, etc). I said the Panthers were indeed militant (they were) and they did use violence. At the end of the day, death is death. A klansman may hang a black person the same way a panther may shoot a white person; same out come.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You are an idiot my dude.

Seriously.

Panther's didn't go around shooting white people.

There were probably as much white supporters of the BPP as there were black...if not more.

The White Panthers were a far left, anti-racist, white-American political collective founded in 1968 by Lawrence (Pun) Plamondon and Leni and John Sinclair. It was started in response to an interview where Huey P. Newton, co-founder of the Black Panther Party, was asked what white people could do to support the Black Panthers. Newton replied that they could form a White Panther Party. Thus, the group took its name in emulation of the Black Panthers, and dedicated its energies to "cultural revolution."

37652_2.jpg

Originally Posted by GTEK

A klansman may hang a black person the same way a panther may shoot a white person; same out come.

smh.gif

The fact that that's the only thing you took away from my response is laughable. You read that much into a mereexample and ignored what I was truly saying. The same outcome is DEATH, genius, in which case no one wins.

Dude IBlink tryna preach a Ghandi like idealist message but he fails in not knowing what the Black Panthers were actually about.

Originally Posted by M16

Dude IBlink tryna preach a Ghandi like idealist message but he fails in not knowing what the Black Panthers were actually about.
It's apparent that I have more of an understanding of the movement that most of the people I'm arguing with. You all acknowledge all thegood in the group (which is fine and dandy because they did a lot of good things from the black community), but don't cut the story short. Understand thatthey did indeed use violence as well. It may not have been as highly profiled and publicized as other groups, but it's violence none the less.

Sometimes self-defense is necessary. This was one of those cases. It wasn't all about physical resistance either, it was about education and empowerment.Look into the history, the message was very potent, and your over simplified "let's just all be friends" view was going nowhere fast.

Originally Posted by M16

Sometimes self-defense is necessary. This was one of those cases. It wasn't all about physical resistance either, it was about education and empowerment. Look into the history, the message was very potent, and your over simplified "let's just all be friends" view was going nowhere fast.

zirl1k.jpg

Me and M16 can debate...but it would be an intelligent discussion based on reality.

iBlink is just regurgitating lies, misinformation and non-sense that clearly shows he has no idea what he is talking about...just re-enforcing the propagandathat has America and the world in a state of exploitation.

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You are an idiot my dude.

Seriously.

Panther's didn't go around shooting white people.

There were probably as much white supporters of the BPP as there were black...if not more.

The White Panthers were a far left, anti-racist, white-American political collective founded in 1968 by Lawrence (Pun) Plamondon and Leni and John Sinclair. It was started in response to an interview where Huey P. Newton, co-founder of the Black Panther Party, was asked what white people could do to support the Black Panthers. Newton replied that they could form a White Panther Party. Thus, the group took its name in emulation of the Black Panthers, and dedicated its energies to "cultural revolution."

37652_2.jpg

Where did I say the Panther's went around shooting white people? I said the same thing comes about as a result of violence.

If you're going to come with discourse, stay factual.

Originally Posted by M16

Sometimes self-defense is necessary. This was one of those cases. It wasn't all about physical resistance either, it was about education and empowerment. Look into the history, the message was very potent, and your over simplified "let's just all be friends" view was going nowhere fast.
I understand that.

I've never insisted that their entire movement was about militant resistance.

And my message is not "let's all be friends," it's "everyone suffers."

Dude is so clueless. One of those "too smart for their own good" types.

Nah, just tryna outsmart everybody and coming off like an #@@.

Where did I say the Panther's went around shooting white people? I said the same thing comes about as a result of violence.

So the same thing came about from the Allied defense against Hitler and Hitler's concentration camps?

And don't talk about facts, when its clear you know nothing on the topic...you called the Black Panther Party a supremacy group.

Originally Posted by M16

I understand that.

"Everyone suffers".....awwwww

snuggle.jpg

OK guys lets all keep struggling and dying together....OK?

We can all have a picnic together in heaven.

Who's down?

Originally Posted by GTEK

A klansman may hang a black person the same way a panther may shoot a white person; same out come.

smh.gif

The fact that that's the only thing you took away from my response is laughable. You read that much into a mere example and ignored what I was truly saying. The same outcome is DEATH, genius, in which case no one wins.

Thats your problem sir. you think you know..but you have no idea.
This was the funniest part so I decided to hi-light it.
You break it down as if Black Panthers just went around shooting white people.
Its like saying death in war is the same as shooting a man for looking at you.
laugh.gif

my man you are now showing that you have no point, didn't have one to begin with. Whatever view made sense inside your head isn't quite materializingwell outside of it.

and on second thought maybe you're not an uncle tom, just confused, stop thinking so hard, join the real world.

Originally Posted by M16

Sometimes self-defense is necessary. This was one of those cases. It wasn't all about physical resistance either, it was about education and empowerment.
Look into the history, the message was very potent, and your over simplified "let's just all be friends" view was going nowhere fast.
I understand that.

and the oppressed would continue to suffer indefinitely, helplessly until the oppressor chose to stop. Taking action to end the injustice (including force whennecessary) is completely justified.

So the same thing came about from the Allied defense against Hitler and Hitler's concentration camps?

And don't talk about facts, when its clear you know nothing on the topic...you called the Black Panther Party a supremacy group.
Exactly. It all stems from mans lust for violence. Everyone uses it, but the claims behind the reasoning varies. Ultimately it's wrong nomatter what spin you put on it.

And not for a second have I tried to come off as though I'm more knowledgeable in a field than I truly am. It doesn't take me sifting through a fewbooks to understand that the Panther's used violence when necessary. Am I saying that's all there was to their movement? No, but it is indeed anaspect. WHy you try to sweep this under the rug is beyond me.

When I say facts, I'm talking facts from this discussion. I called the Panthers a nationalist movemnet and the kkk a supremacist movement. If you disputethat, then your logic is laughable.

Originally Posted by M16

I understand that.

"Everyone suffers".....awwwww

snuggle.jpg

OK guys lets all keep struggling and dying together....OK?

We can all have a picnic together in heaven.

Who's down?

That wasnt necessary.

Ive been enjoying the debate between all of you, but the petty insults and such arent needed.

So Bpanther thread should have been taken down because the KKK one should have?..How does that not infer that you were equating the two?

So according to you, Nelson Mandella and his Apartheid movement was violent?...He was as violent as the panthers, sounds like you throw around the term violentquite a bit....The whole Violence is bad, non-violence is good is some 3rd grade steez that you should have grown out of by now.

Exactly. It all stems from mans lust for violence. Everyone uses it, but the claims behind the reasoning varies. Ultimately it's wrong no matter what spin you put on it.

And not for a second have I tried to come off as though I'm more knowledgeable in a field than I truly am. It doesn't take me sifting through a few books to understand that the Panther's used violence when necessary. Am I saying that's all there was to their movement? No, but it is indeed an aspect. WHy you try to sweep this under the rug is beyond me.

When I say facts, I'm talking facts from this discussion. I called the Panthers a nationalist movemnet and the kkk a supremacist movement. If you dispute that, then your logic is laughable.

Originally Posted by N O R E A G A

OP has been reported. I don't give a @$#%. That was out of line
Did you report the the panther thread starter?

I mean, a nationalist/supremacy group is a nationalist/supremacy group. What's unacceptable for one should be unacceptable for all.

Actually someone who questioned that would be going off rock solid logic. Maybe i'm too stupid for you my dude, but you're saying violence isviolence, be it to provoke/retaliate/defend, so it must all be grouped equally, and discussed equally. And i've tried to read your posts over and over,but that's all i get. The conclusion i come to is it's you, not me, and you're a very disillusioned person.

Exactly. It all stems from mans lust for violence. Everyone uses it, but the claims behind the reasoning varies. Ultimately it's wrong no matter what spin you put on it.

And not for a second have I tried to come off as though I'm more knowledgeable in a field than I truly am. It doesn't take me sifting through a few books to understand that the Panther's used violence when necessary. Am I saying that's all there was to their movement? No, but it is indeed an aspect. WHy you try to sweep this under the rug is beyond me.

When I say facts, I'm talking facts from this discussion. I called the Panthers a nationalist movemnet and the kkk a supremacist movement. If you dispute that, then your logic is laughable.
Of course they were a black nationalist group...you also called them a supremacist group. So stop talking about "your logic islaughable"...when you came off like a complete *** with no knowledge of facts. Typical Uncle Tom shuffle.

Do you know what Black nationality is? Foremost the Black Panther Party was a POLITICAL PARTY. Operating within the construct of the American Constitution.They wanted to give a voice to the oppressed.

richard_aoki.jpg

Back
Top Bottom