Delete

I'm down to roll with Alex Smith, but I just dont see how whoever we would take with one of our 1st round picks would benefit this team more than McNabb.

I'm straight on McNabb, Eagles fans are itching to trade him for one of our 1st rounders
laugh.gif

With that said, the overall feel that I got from the Jed York conference was Scot McCloughan didn't put the 9ers in the right direction to be successful.

He mentioned that while Scot drafted good players, his ratio for bad players / bad signings outweighed the positives he did.

I can't wait to see what Baalke does.

I dont understand the hesitancy to trade for Mcnabb...he ultimately isn't THE answer long term, but the fact that we have seen Alex for 5 years and the QB situation is still up in the air says a lot. Yes, he made strides last year when the play calling was tailored to his strengths (i.e shotgun), but he still made questionable passes and decisions that made you think otherwise. Even with the shortcomings of this team, this team is more than equipped to make the playoffs and make a run. Just look at the Cardinals for %@*%! sake...the division is up for the taking...maybe a 2nd round is what it takes to get McNabb, and if that is the case, this is a no brainer on the 49ers part. I want to believe in Smith as much as you guys, but at what point do you cut your losses (#1 pick) and just move on?

They want a 3rd rounder right? What's his injury report / history looking like?

My take on the draft is that I think that drafting a RT in the first round is a waste so unless the OT that the 49ers want to draft is going to play LT it isn't worth it when there are impact players avaliable such as Haden/Spiller/Graham/etc.  I would like to see them go this route and take the top tackle avaliable in the second round.

Niners will trade one of their 1st round picks for McNabb.

You heard it hear first.

Jed York ain't playing around this year.

And I'm sorry, but nobody (outside of some fans) thinks this team is a playoff team with Alex Smith at the helm. Regardless of how weak the division is.

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

I would like to see them go this route and take the top tackle avaliable in the second round.
Phil Loadholt comes to mind. I say go defense/Spiller with both 1st rounders however if Okung somehow falls to us at 13, you run to the podium.

Originally Posted by Bleezys and Heem

You heard it hear first.
laugh.gif
 we heard it here first huh?  Like it's hasn't been talked about and speculated by everybody and their mommas?

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

You heard it hear first.
laugh.gif
 we heard it here first huh?  Like it's hasn't been talked about and speculated by everybody and their mommas?
Yeah, it's been speculated.
I'm telling you its going to happen.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

You heard it hear first.
laugh.gif
Yeah, it's been speculated.
I'm telling you its going to happen.
It might..I'm just saying we've been hearin about it for a while..

The 49ers will not trade one of their 1st rounders for Donovan McNabb. 

You heard it here first.

And this team is definitely a playoff team even with Alex Smith at QB.  He wasn't nearly as bad as some make him out to be (even good at times).  If we add 2-3 solid players from this draft then there is no doubt in my mind we will win the division.

I will be very disappointed if we deal a 1st round pick for McNabb... We got other priorities...

id take mcnabb. the price is high. but he is that dude.
and change of pace rb's/kr's can be had later. (JAHVID)

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

I would like to see them go this route and take the top tackle avaliable in the second round.
Exactly.

Especially if all the 1st Tier OTs are taken before our 13th pick - I hope the 49ers do not REACH.

In the 2nd round so many good OTs will be left, who we can honestly plug in right away.

Scot cannot go with another team before the draft and can't tell "draft secrets"

That's all that really matters.

I dont understand the hesitancy to trade for Mcnabb...he ultimately isn't THE answer long term, but the fact that we have seen Alex for 5 years and the QB situation is still up in the air says a lot.  I want to believe in Smith as much as you guys, but at what point do you cut your losses (#1 pick) and just move on?

Thank you.  I've been telling these dudes this for the last 2 years on here.

And this team is definitely a playoff team even with Alex Smith at QB
Yeah that sounds good on paper champ, but the reality of the matter is that Alex Smith simply isn't the quarterback that we thought we were drafting and hasn't lived up to expectations. 

well we do have 2 first round picks...i wouldnt mind mcnabb for one of them!we should win the division for real though...its ours to lose

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

well we do have 2 first round picks...i wouldnt mind mcnabb for one of them! we should win the division for real though...its ours to lose

Exactly, which is the reason why we needs to make moves NOW.

So you're saying McNabb IS the future? 

Whether you want to admit it or not the 49ers were a playoff team if not for a miracle pass and some horrendous plays against the Seahawks from making the playoffs.  This is his first year with having the same Offensive Coordinator 2 years in a row.  The strength of this team is the defense and with 2 first rounders in a deep draft we should be able to get two solid starters to add to our already good young talent.  The future is Nate Davis and its good that he is being given time to learn instead of thrown into the fire.  This is legitimately Alex Smith's last year or he's gone for good. 

If anything I would like to see the 49ers do what the Jets did and NEXT draft trade up and get their guy if they really want one. (Jake Locker
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
)

I really don't think McNabb is the answer let alone at a cost of a First Round pick.
You could win the division - wow, big whoop. Isn't the goal the SB? If you draft well, you can STILL WIN the division since it's basically wide open.

Back
Top Bottom