delete

Alright cool thanks. Didn't mean to hijack this thread.
embarassed.gif

Why not?  I got time. 
laugh.gif

Kobe got 1,100 more playoff points then Duncan.
Kobe got like 6,000 more career points, even though he spent his first two seasons on the bench, Tim been startin since minute one.  In fact, Duncan has 100 more starts in his career, yet the 6K less points.  Being an inside post player no less vs a perimeter guard. 
pimp.gif

Kobe leading the LA LAKERS in career categories HAS to hold more weight then someone leading the Spurs in categories, let's be honest. 

Kobe 5 rings, Dunc 4.  (I already know everyone's argument) but in case you were wondering, the 01 series between LA and the Spurs, who was it that stole the show?  As a "1B" 
laugh.gif

They met in 08. Winner? 
wink.gif
  (LA won other series vs the Spurs, but everyone will give credit to Shaq for that, sort of why I mentioned 01, people need to look closer at that stuff) 

Duncan with 9 All NBA, Kobe 8.  Kobe likely to get that 9th this year, Duncan?  Nope.  (Duncan getting his since he started year one)

Kobe is within reach of being the all time leading playoff scorer with two more solid postseasons, or even three"decent" ones.  He also has a shot at 30,000 points in 2-3 years.  He can put up totals that only Mike and Kareem can look at and not feel jealous. 

Say what you want, at the end, Duncan will be a top 10 all timer.  Kobe will be in the top 5.  May already be. 

Why not?  I got time. 
laugh.gif

Kobe got like 6,000 more career points, even though he spent his first two seasons on the bench, Tim been startin since minute one.  In fact, Duncan has 100 more starts in his career, yet the 6K less points.  Being an inside post player no less vs a perimeter guard. 
pimp.gif

Kobe leading the LA LAKERS in career categories HAS to hold more weight then someone leading the Spurs in categories, let's be honest. 

Kobe 5 rings, Dunc 4.  (I already know everyone's argument) but in case you were wondering, the 01 series between LA and the Spurs, who was it that stole the show?  As a "1B" 
laugh.gif

They met in 08. Winner? 
wink.gif
  (LA won other series vs the Spurs, but everyone will give credit to Shaq for that, sort of why I mentioned 01, people need to look closer at that stuff) 

Duncan with 9 All NBA, Kobe 8.  Kobe likely to get that 9th this year, Duncan?  Nope.  (Duncan getting his since he started year one)

Kobe is within reach of being the all time leading playoff scorer with two more solid postseasons, or even three"decent" ones.  He also has a shot at 30,000 points in 2-3 years.  He can put up totals that only Mike and Kareem can look at and not feel jealous. 

Say what you want, at the end, Duncan will be a top 10 all timer.  Kobe will be in the top 5.  May already be. 

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

^^^
But you said MANU = Joe Johnson tho.
ohwell.gif

Who cares? Manu in the grand scheme of things is a guy no one will care about in 10 years.

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

^^^
But you said MANU = Joe Johnson tho.
ohwell.gif

Who cares? Manu in the grand scheme of things is a guy no one will care about in 10 years.

Originally Posted by JD617

Magic himself said Kobe is better than him. That's gotta be worth something right?
ohwell.gif
No. Magic is not the type of guy to say, "Kobe is good, but not as good as I was."

It's irrelevant.

Get the %+%@ out of here. How is that irrelevant? You guys act like Magic doesn't have any pride. I don't care how nice you guys think Magic is, it takes a lot from someone as competitive as Magic was to say that on national TV. How can you take that out of the equation?

What will it take for Kobe to do to be better in your eyes? I swear most of you were still pissing yourselves in your diapers when Magic played but you think you are experts when it comes to this debate.

The fact of the matter is Kobe is not even done yet and he has a good chance to get one or two more rings. Then what are you guys gonna say?

Like I said before, hate the guy but respect his game.

Magic himself said Kobe is better than him. That's gotta be worth something right?
ohwell.gif
No. Magic is not the type of guy to say, "Kobe is good, but not as good as I was."

It's irrelevant.

Get the %+%@ out of here. How is that irrelevant? You guys act like Magic doesn't have any pride. I don't care how nice you guys think Magic is, it takes a lot from someone as competitive as Magic was to say that on national TV. How can you take that out of the equation?

What will it take for Kobe to do to be better in your eyes? I swear most of you were still pissing yourselves in your diapers when Magic played but you think you are experts when it comes to this debate.

The fact of the matter is Kobe is not even done yet and he has a good chance to get one or two more rings. Then what are you guys gonna say?

Like I said before, hate the guy but respect his game.

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by Fatal Lightning

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

You gotta be kidding me to say that Kobe isn't in the top 5. He definately is w/o a doubt to me. Besides mike, who's better then Bean? Someone tell me so I can shoot that nonsense down
You just can't help people like this. 
tired.gif
Not when their right
Figure this out before you quote me again. 
Kareem and Russell absolutely +!%+ on Kobe's career. 
laugh.gif

Kobe is top 10, no doubt. He will probably be 4-6 when he's done. I don't foresee him ever passing MJ, Kareem, and Russell. I don't see a clear separation between Magic, Bird and Kobe. Oscar Robertson, Wilt, and Tim Duncan probably in the 7-9 range. Jerry West, Hakeem, Shaq, and Moses in the 10-13 range. 

Y'all talking about numbers and career accomplishments... have y'all ever looked at Kareem's list. 
laugh.gif
you talk a lot of stupidity.. how is kobe gonna pass russell? in championships? did jordan? you're comparing players with more championships and also other players who have higher scoring averages to a player that will never win more chips or avg. than jordan.
I have you on ignore but just had to see if you were addressing me...  what exactly are you saying here? I don't understand. Someone help me out here. 

Well See, with me, Kobe isn't better than mike. Kobe is a far less efficient player, takes far more threes to score than mike did, and is not as athletic as mike was. In a nutshell, Mike does everything Kobe does, but just better. But besides mike, who are people going to say is better than Kobe? Bird? Magic?Oscar?(who played in a terrible NBA by today's standards. I mean, he dribbled with one hand)  None of those guys create in a manner as good as kobe, none of those guys defend as well as kobe, none of those guys score as well as Kobe, So that's why Kobe>Magic, Bird, Oscar. As far as wilt and Kareem, its kind of hard to compare a 2 and a 5 but for this sake I will and again I will say, Kobe does far more things on the floor than both Wilt and Kareem.

Magic Johnson was a career 19ppg a game scorer, who didn't steal the ball that well, and of course had the assist.(I mean, he played with a stacked squad) Magic was a point, and Kobe is a 2, so again we are crossing positions here but still, Kobe does more than Magic did. Magic might have rebounded more than Kobe, but that's it. From an unbiased opinion, kobe is better than magic.

Bird and Oscar aren't close to Kobe's level. He does EVERYTHING better than those two. (Ok, so bird shoots better, but not on the move). If you are not biased, will you see just how much of a better player Kobe is, than these guys. 

IMO, as far as rings and accomplishments go, when it comes to comparing the greats, I don't give those much weight. Too many variables to consider? i.e. He has more rings, but look at the era he played in....He has more rings but look at his teammates....He has more mvps, but look at where he started his career...I could go on, but the point being, Accomplishments don't hold too much weight here because, all of these players are accomplised individuals.

So I ask again, who's better than Kobe?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Magic. 1.9 steals per game.

Kobe. 1.5 steals per game.

Magic is 15th all time in steals.

Oh yeah first is the slow white and second is MJ. Just an FYI.

But I will say this again. I will put MJ, Bill, Kareem above Kobe. I have a hard time making an honest decision since I didn't watch Magic or Wilt play all that much. At least with Bill and Kareem I can quantify their accomplishments with statistical achievements.

Originally Posted by Fatal Lightning

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

You gotta be kidding me to say that Kobe isn't in the top 5. He definately is w/o a doubt to me. Besides mike, who's better then Bean? Someone tell me so I can shoot that nonsense down
You just can't help people like this. 
tired.gif
Not when their right
Figure this out before you quote me again. 
Kareem and Russell absolutely +!%+ on Kobe's career. 
laugh.gif

Kobe is top 10, no doubt. He will probably be 4-6 when he's done. I don't foresee him ever passing MJ, Kareem, and Russell. I don't see a clear separation between Magic, Bird and Kobe. Oscar Robertson, Wilt, and Tim Duncan probably in the 7-9 range. Jerry West, Hakeem, Shaq, and Moses in the 10-13 range. 

Y'all talking about numbers and career accomplishments... have y'all ever looked at Kareem's list. 
laugh.gif
you talk a lot of stupidity.. how is kobe gonna pass russell? in championships? did jordan? you're comparing players with more championships and also other players who have higher scoring averages to a player that will never win more chips or avg. than jordan.
I have you on ignore but just had to see if you were addressing me...  what exactly are you saying here? I don't understand. Someone help me out here. 

Well See, with me, Kobe isn't better than mike. Kobe is a far less efficient player, takes far more threes to score than mike did, and is not as athletic as mike was. In a nutshell, Mike does everything Kobe does, but just better. But besides mike, who are people going to say is better than Kobe? Bird? Magic?Oscar?(who played in a terrible NBA by today's standards. I mean, he dribbled with one hand)  None of those guys create in a manner as good as kobe, none of those guys defend as well as kobe, none of those guys score as well as Kobe, So that's why Kobe>Magic, Bird, Oscar. As far as wilt and Kareem, its kind of hard to compare a 2 and a 5 but for this sake I will and again I will say, Kobe does far more things on the floor than both Wilt and Kareem.

Magic Johnson was a career 19ppg a game scorer, who didn't steal the ball that well, and of course had the assist.(I mean, he played with a stacked squad) Magic was a point, and Kobe is a 2, so again we are crossing positions here but still, Kobe does more than Magic did. Magic might have rebounded more than Kobe, but that's it. From an unbiased opinion, kobe is better than magic.

Bird and Oscar aren't close to Kobe's level. He does EVERYTHING better than those two. (Ok, so bird shoots better, but not on the move). If you are not biased, will you see just how much of a better player Kobe is, than these guys. 

IMO, as far as rings and accomplishments go, when it comes to comparing the greats, I don't give those much weight. Too many variables to consider? i.e. He has more rings, but look at the era he played in....He has more rings but look at his teammates....He has more mvps, but look at where he started his career...I could go on, but the point being, Accomplishments don't hold too much weight here because, all of these players are accomplised individuals.

So I ask again, who's better than Kobe?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Magic. 1.9 steals per game.

Kobe. 1.5 steals per game.

Magic is 15th all time in steals.

Oh yeah first is the slow white and second is MJ. Just an FYI.

But I will say this again. I will put MJ, Bill, Kareem above Kobe. I have a hard time making an honest decision since I didn't watch Magic or Wilt play all that much. At least with Bill and Kareem I can quantify their accomplishments with statistical achievements.

At the end of the day, athletes/retired athletes make dumb comments on current players/teams all the time, so I'm not sure why anyone should put Magic's opinion over their own.

At the end of the day, athletes/retired athletes make dumb comments on current players/teams all the time, so I'm not sure why anyone should put Magic's opinion over their own.

2nd best SG so far.

b/w Kobe and Duncan I can still see either one getting the nod over each other.

They're both highly decorated and considered great at what they do.

Hell, Duncan is considered to be the best PF of all-time and he's supposed to be a C.

I will say this though, Lakers should thank whatever entity was watching over them when Memphis lost its mind that day and allowed that trade to go down.

2nd best SG so far.

Hell, Duncan is considered to be the best PF of all-time and he's supposed to be a C.

I will say this though, Lakers should thank whatever entity was watching over them when Memphis lost its mind that day and allowed that trade to go down.

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

2nd best SG so far.

kobe wasn't doing squat (didn't make the playoffs and lost in the 1st round twice)..

then gasol shows up.. and ta da, 3 straight trips to the finals

tim duncan's spurs have never:
1) failed to qualify for the playoffs
2) won less than 50 games in the regular season (obviously 99 is excluded, because of the strike shortened year.. they still won 37 games that year)

you kobe homers are too easily sweeping under the rug the fact that in kobe's prime the lakers finished with 34, 42 and 45 wins (hell those were some of his best statistical years)

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

2nd best SG so far.

kobe wasn't doing squat (didn't make the playoffs and lost in the 1st round twice)..

2) won less than 50 games in the regular season (obviously 99 is excluded, because of the strike shortened year.. they still won 37 games that year)

you kobe homers are too easily sweeping under the rug the fact that in kobe's prime the lakers finished with 34, 42 and 45 wins (hell those were some of his best statistical years)

It's a team game. Individuals don't win games by themselves.

if i'm starting a team tomorrow and had the choice of taking duncan's career or kobe's.. the only reason i would take kobe's is if i want to sell jerseys

name me any one of the players you guys are trying to put kobe abpve whose teams went through those kinds of years during those players primes

if i'm starting a team tomorrow and had the choice of taking duncan's career or kobe's.. the only reason i would take kobe's is if i want to sell jerseys

name me any one of the players you guys are trying to put kobe abpve whose teams went through those kinds of years during those players primes

Originally Posted by CP1708

Why not?  I got time. 
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

They met in 08. Winner? 
wink.gif

u forgot the fact that duncan ANCHORS the spurs defense every year since he was drafted and the spurs had always been a top 3-4 defensive team primarily

kobe's D can be great at times, but even laker fans have to admit it's overrated. and he doesn't anchor any of the lakers' D

but tim duncan is too fundamental to be noticed at times. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

Why not?  I got time. 
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

They met in 08. Winner? 
wink.gif

u forgot the fact that duncan ANCHORS the spurs defense every year since he was drafted and the spurs had always been a top 3-4 defensive team primarily

kobe's D can be great at times, but even laker fans have to admit it's overrated. and he doesn't anchor any of the lakers' D

but tim duncan is too fundamental to be noticed at times. 

Back
Top Bottom