Delete

Originally Posted by thisizdray

I'm looking into getting a use car for around 8k was thinking about either a maxima or Altima, input please?
Do your research thoroughly. I have Mitsubishi Lancer with 104,000 miles on it when I first got it. The car has never broken down nor had required any major done. I did about a months worth of research online and waited until I found the right car with the right price.

Seeing a ton of stereotypes being thrown out here... 
laugh.gif

Fact of the matter is that cars in general (incl. American + German) last a lot longer than they did in the past. Cars these days just don't collapse into a heap after 100K

http://autos.aol.com/article/high-mileage-driving/

*On the flip side no car brand makes the perfect vehicle that will never breakdown (even Japanese brands). 

Originally Posted by MarcMac360

Originally Posted by xCautioNx

Originally Posted by Zyzz

STOP

just stop

it's the truth. I drove american cars the first  years of my car owning life. They always broke down, etc... Once I got a BMW I vowed to never go back American. BMW's handle and ride so smooth, American cars don't come close. My girl has a dodge magnum and compared to my BMW it's night and day with driving. Also her car has had many more problems than my 8 yo high mileage Bimmer.

Your 8 year old BMW likely depreciated faster than her magnum tho. I own a BMW too. While they are extremely stout mechanically, the build on interior pieces or suspension pieces is basura. Rubber bushings fall apart in your hands and plastic pieces that are crucial just snap over time.
LOL WUT? American trash depreciates faster than anything

Kinda related but not really: I just copped a 2006 Acura TL. My first actual car purchase by myself. Had been driving my 2001 Honda Accord for past 5 years now. Decided it was time for a new whip. 
pimp.gif

But I feel like that Accord was a part of me though since I got it roughly the same time I moved to Arizona and had it all these years until tonight. 
frown.gif

Bittersweet feeling 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Crime Wave

laugh.gif

Cats always trying to @!++ on BMW as if their reliability is comparable to a 90's Range. You treat the Bimmer right and it'll treat you right. It's not like a Civic that you can beat up everyday. Needs TLC. 

wrong sir these cars are made to be beat on and driven hard... i run my e36 ragged if im not trying to squeeze 22mpg city out of it... just took a 500mi road trip last weekend up and back <6 hours 
wink.gif

OP you did ok didn't read the thread but the e60's have finicky electrics... that V8 is going to be an animal to maintain... the newer ones with all the comps and gadgets scare me (my parents 1st e66 soft close rear door would not close all the way and would open at speed which lead to it becoming a lemon)... check out the bimmerforums/fest learn to turn a wrench and the car will repay you with 300k miles easy... if you don't it will eat you alive and self destruct unless your pockets are deep

Originally Posted by MarcMac360

Originally Posted by xCautioNx

Originally Posted by Zyzz

STOP

just stop

it's the truth. I drove american cars the first  years of my car owning life. They always broke down, etc... Once I got a BMW I vowed to never go back American. BMW's handle and ride so smooth, American cars don't come close. My girl has a dodge magnum and compared to my BMW it's night and day with driving. Also her car has had many more problems than my 8 yo high mileage Bimmer.

Your 8 year old BMW likely depreciated faster than her magnum tho. I own a BMW too. While they are extremely stout mechanically, the build on interior pieces or suspension pieces is basura. Rubber bushings fall apart in your hands and plastic pieces that are crucial just snap over time.
silly... percentage wis you're right but I'm 150% positive the value of the magnum will bottom out lower faster than a similarly maintained and year BMW .

Back
Top Bottom