Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My brother (a Magic fan) sent me this

that settles it...

Dwight = Shaq.

3-peat here we come :pimp:

not cereal

Who said Shaq/ Dwight was a fair comparison? All dude did was post Shaq's game against ORL and Dwight's game against them.

Take yo *** to the Knicks thread :lol:

I do, been going in on Carmelo saying he's scared needles when he's got sleevs of tats.

But you can't sit here like some dudes haven't been comparing Shaq and Dwight based off the hype machine. Just keep it real, maybe you don't but some do, then that wasn't for you. But seriously Shaq deep down, doesn't care.

Have you seen this dude on TNT for the last 2 years? He shouldn't care cuz Dwight isn't close to what Shaq was but he does. All Kenny and Chuck have to do is say "Superman" and Shaq gets real sensitive.

This is exactly where Laker fans lose me.

Stop comparing Dwight to Shaq. Just stop. Many of yall have been doing that since before the trade and yall have built "Shaqlike" expectations because of it. Dwight will never live up those shoes, he will never be the player Shaq was. It's not close, it's not fair to Shaq or to Dwight, and it will lead to unfulfilled expectations.

Don't let the ESPN hype machine make you believe that it's a fair comparison with split screen still shots & stats.

That's the reason why Shaq has attacked Dwight, because the fans and even Dwight Howard to some degree, keep this comparison going. Of course, now, Shaq is going to measure Dwight to those historical standards because he feels disrespected. That's why he's going to say things like average "28 and 15".

Do I think that Shaq cares that Dwight scored 40 points after going to free throw line 39 times against the worst team in the league? No, no I don't. Because thats not the type of game that threatens Shaq. If Dwight's out there dominating the post, overpowering his defender, jump hook here, jump hook turnaround there - that's when Shaq would feel genuinely threatened.

Seriously tho, just stop with the Dwight vs Shaq nonsense. Shaq's going to win every time. It's not fair. If they had career split screen comparisons of Kobe Bryant and Russell Westbrook or someone like that, y'all would flip.

Please point out even like 3 instances in this thread of anybody seriously comparing Dwight as a player to Shaq; other than them both being franchise centers from Orlando I don't see anybody saying Dwight is on Shaq's level or anything of that nature.

That being said, a team built around him made the Finals when he was still relatively young. Not many finals teams are built around players that aren't that great. When healthy, Dwight's defensive abilities make him a top 5 player that you can build around. Why wouldn't Lakers fans be excited for him and have big expectations when they saw freaking Orlando go to the finals with him as the centerpiece? You don't think the Lakers maybe might be a little better at putting teams together than the Magic?

espn at it again. i dont understand that comparison. that wasnt even shaqs first return to orl

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199802220ORL.html#LAL_basic::none

unless they filtered everything down to the only players known as "superman" with at least 39/16 with 3 blks as the visiting team

inb4 thinking too hard

The comparison was basically showing two guys who both played in Orlando, went to the Lakers, and had 1 similar game against the Magic..

What I'm wondering is how the hell did Nick Anderson get to the line 14 times.....

espn at it again. i dont understand that comparison. that wasnt even shaqs first return to orl

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199802220ORL.html#LAL_basic::none

unless they filtered everything down to the only players known as "superman" with at least 39/16 with 3 blks as the visiting team

inb4 thinking too hard

The comparison was basically showing two guys who both played in Orlando, went to the Lakers, and had 1 similar game against the Magic..

What I'm wondering is how the hell did Nick Anderson get to the line 14 times.....
yeah i know that but they could have at least compared the first game they played back in orl after leaving

i dislike espn :lol:

Damn Orlando ran a damn tight rotation that night 
laugh.gif

Surprised Nick Anderson shot so well from the line that night too

Teague being out is nice, but they'll slide Devin Harris over and start Korver. Still going to be a tough back court.

Wow huge breaks falling for the Lakers with all these injuries, it turns this game into a must win.

Let's hope there is no let down and Lakers get it.

Go Lakers!

Is it really Sdubl? :rofl:

I remember when Mayor got him on the phone and was just like "How you white tho? How you white dog?"

Last edited:
With all these injuries to the Hawks we should be able to close the lid on this game by the 3rd qtr and get our starters some rest and get them ready for Indiana on Friday....

I hope im right......

Lets go Lakers!!!

Back
Top Bottom