Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man I could care less about Jim Buss.
I don't defend people just to defend them, I never liked Mike Brown. I don't like Mike D'Antoni either.
But unlike some of you I won't protest and run riots in the streets tonight screaming "Fire D'Antoni" before he even gets to coach his first game.
If you think Phil deserved 15 Million, complete GM control of our roster, power to choose who is the coach when he leaves, and the right to miss as many road games as he wants...then yeah I guess we really are idiots for not hiring him.
Jesus Christ, of course I want Phil Jackson to be our coach. But be realistic for a minute, who would give another man all of that power over their business?
Phil jackson is 19332x better of a coach than D'Antoni is. But the point is, Phil couldn't be our coach with those demands. What the hell am i supposed to defend? Those are the facts.
You guys really think people like me and Essential LOVED Mike Brown when we tell you MILLIONS of times we don't, we just prefer to let people get a chance before we crucify them. Mike Brown got his, he was horrible, now he is gone.
Now its D'Antoni's turn. I am not excited, I don't like his lack of defensive coaching. He has a bad history and I am skeptical, but like Essential said what else choice did they have right now? I mean I understand it, and we just have to now watch and hope for the best. We'll see if he can make it work.
Whats the worse that can happen? It's obvious now that the Lakers have no patience for losing, so if he doesnt fix this fast everyone will be on him the same way they were on Mike Brown. But lets at least wait and see what the hell he can do before we all jump off a bridge, damn. That's all some of us are saying.
JUST RELAX for a minute, let the guy enter the building. None of us like him, but why have a heart attack before he even gets his first crack at it? :smh:

Talk to Pat Riley.

Micky Arison gave him complete control, all that power, and even made him a part owner of the Heat.

Look what he's done for that Franchise. 2 rings and brought in 3 of the best players in the league today.

And HELL yes Pat Riley is on the same level with Phil Jackson.

Best Believe that..

Actually I'll say my peace....

Phil is better than Mike D'Antoni.. No one in their right mind would say the opposite.

But no one in their right mind would agree to the demand Phil made. $15 mil a year. Decision making ability (basically rendering Mitch & Jim, the best FO in the league without the power to do their jobs that they've been successful at). The right to determine the next Lakers coach. The ability to choose what games he wanted to attend, and what games he wanted to blow off..

Maybe D'Antoni doesn't work out.. But given the choice of the two and what was being asked.. The Lakers 100% absolutely without a shadow of a doubt, made the correct decision.

Absolutely, 100% agree.

In a vacuum, Phil Jackson is the best man for this job. No question. But it's become clear how important it is to him to demonstrate his ego, through controlling the organization by becoming it's face and decision maker.

The Lakers have always been about the team first, and then the Busses. Phil would have had it so that he came before both, and that is completely unacceptable.

You still don't get it and aren't reading between the lines man.It's not the money that caused Jim Buss to not re hire Phil Jackson.
This hiring and Mike Brown's hiring is all about Jim Buss's HATRED for Phil Jackson and the triangle offense.
Jim Buss is delusional thinking they can re create showtime again especially with this current aging roster.

im starting to think Jim doesnt give a **** about winning with Kobe and Pau since they are from jackson era, hes just waiting for 2015 to create a showtime roster to win rings that way...

or im just giving him too much credit and hes just a plain idiot

Talk to Pat Riley.
Micky Arison gave him complete control, all that power, and even made him a part owner of the Heat.
Look what he's done for that Franchise. 2 rings and brought in 3 of the best players in the league today.
Best Believe that..

Man no romo but I like you, we have the same opinions on everything :lol:

You still don't get it and aren't reading between the lines man.It's not the money that caused Jim Buss to not re hire Phil Jackson.
This hiring and Mike Brown's hiring is all about Jim Buss's HATRED for Phil Jackson and the triangle offense.
Jim Buss is delusional thinking they can re create showtime again especially with this current aging roster.

How was mike browns hiring the result of Phil's hatred when Phil is the one that stepped down? He wasn't fired lol.

And I bet Phil WAS INDEED demanding all that stuff. And Im siding with our FO On this one.

Not gonna bash d'antoni yet, I'm gonna let him coach a few games. I KNOW we will be a great offensive team and I'm certain we will be good on defense. A 100% Dwight lead team will not struggle on defense.

D'antoni never really had great defensive players on his team. Sure he had chandler, but he's no d12. He's not a defensive minded coach, but I'm sure metta, kobe, Dwight are smart enough to defend well once things get rolling.

Man no romo but I like you, we have the same opinions on everything :lol:

Whats the worse that can happen?

the worst?
he is Mike Brown pt. 2
1 year has already been wasted by hiring that piece of **** Mike Brown. Another year wasted with Mike D'antoni
We clearly went and got nash + howard + j hill + jamison to make one last big push while Kobe is still playing. we will have wasted 2 years of that small time frame

If I didn't like Mike Brown, you didn't like Mike Brown, others didn't like Mike Brown, we obviously had a reason for it. because we've seen him coach and he sucks
same with D'antoni.
So, hopefully I'm wrong, and we win a championship, but the past has shown us that he sucks and is unemployed for a reason.

Man I could care less about Jim Buss.
I don't defend people just to defend them, I never liked Mike Brown. I don't like Mike D'Antoni either.
But unlike some of you I won't protest and run riots in the streets tonight screaming "Fire D'Antoni" before he even gets to coach his first game.
If you think Phil deserved 15 Million, complete GM control of our roster, power to choose who is the coach when he leaves, and the right to miss as many road games as he wants...then yeah I guess we really are idiots for not hiring him.
Jesus Christ, of course I want Phil Jackson to be our coach. But be realistic for a minute, who would give another man all of that power over their business?
Phil jackson is 19332x better of a coach than D'Antoni is. But the point is, Phil couldn't be our coach with those demands. What the hell am i supposed to defend? Those are the facts.
You guys really think people like me and Essential LOVED Mike Brown when we tell you MILLIONS of times we don't, we just prefer to let people get a chance before we crucify them. Mike Brown got his, he was horrible, now he is gone.
Now its D'Antoni's turn. I am not excited, I don't like his lack of defensive coaching. He has a bad history and I am skeptical, but like Essential said what else choice did they have right now? I mean I understand it, and we just have to now watch and hope for the best. We'll see if he can make it work.
Whats the worse that can happen? It's obvious now that the Lakers have no patience for losing, so if he doesnt fix this fast everyone will be on him the same way they were on Mike Brown. But lets at least wait and see what the hell he can do before we all jump off a bridge, damn. That's all some of us are saying.
JUST RELAX for a minute, let the guy enter the building. None of us like him, but why have a heart attack before he even gets his first crack at it? :smh:

Talk to Pat Riley.

Best Believe that..

It was a train wreck the first 3 years of that experiment... And Phil is a better coach... But Pat is a much better personnel guy... One name: Luke Walton.

How was mike browns hiring the result of Phil's hatred when Phil is the one that stepped down? He wasn't fired lol.
And I bet Phil WAS INDEED demanding all that stuff. And Im siding with our FO On this one.
Not gonna bash d'antoni yet, I'm gonna let him coach a few games. I KNOW we will be a great offensive team and I'm certain we will be good on defense. A 100% Dwight lead team will not struggle on defense.
D'antoni never really had great defensive players on his team. Sure he had chandler, but he's no d12. He's not a defensive minded coach, but I'm sure metta, kobe, Dwight are smart enough to defend well once things get rolling.

Jim Buss did not FIRE him but look at what else he did.

Fired all his assistant coaches, got rid of Phils equipment managers, health & strength and conditioning crew.

Didn't bother even considering giving Brian Shaw a chance at being the next coach and fired long time Laker scouting director Ronnie Lester.

Yeah once again Jim Buss HATES everything about Phil Jackson and the triangle offense.

im starting to think Jim doesnt give a **** about winning with Kobe and Pau since they are from jackson era, hes just waiting for 2015 to create a showtime roster to win rings that way...

or im just giving him too much credit and hes just a plain idiot

HE GAVE THE GO AHEAD TO GET STEVE NASH, DWIGHT HOWARD, JODIE MEEKS, ANTAWN JAMISON in an OFFSEASON and he only traded away ONE PLAYER OF SIGNIFICANCE.

UN GOD DAMN BELIEVABLE.

Last edited:
Rick Adelman also interviewed for the job when Mike Brown got the job and told reports he wanted the job but could not stand Jim Buss after meeting with him.

HE GAVE THE GO AHEAD TO GET STEVE NASH, DWIGHT HOWARD, JODIE MEEKS, ANTAWN JAMISON in an OFFSEASON and he only traded away ONE PLAYER OF SIGNIFICANCE.
UN GOD DAMN BELIEVABLE.

have Jim & Mitch never negotiated before? no need to pull the trigger so quickly on d'antoni
phil jackson is the proven coach, so why wouldn't you try and make it work with him.

i give him 6 games.......
Too soon?

not soon enough.

I hear dudes in hear saying you guys are pathetic for wanting him fired already.

Same dumb dudes who said it wasnt mike browns fault and it wasnt the offense it was the defense...

Good luck with that with antoni. call him antoni cuz the D aint in him...

its getting to the point where all these cry babies who talk crap about brown then became his protectors once he signed with the lakers. same with antoni. lakers fans made fun of him for not having his teams play defense. ripped the man for never winning a title and his coaching style not being able to win chips.

but now that hes the coach of your team? your going to call people pathetic and cry and say your out of this thread?

you all sounding like some old school kings fans protecting every move the franchise makes...

you all some HYPOCRITES...

somewhere every knick fan and heat fan.....thunder fans all laughing at us right now...

truly just a pathetic day to be a laker fan...

why did you fire mike brown if you were gonna hire another one dimensional coach???

UN GOD DAMN BELIEVABLE.

have Jim & Mitch never negotiated before? no need to pull the trigger so quickly on d'antoni
phil jackson is the proven coach, so why wouldn't you try and make it work with him.

Do you not understand what Phil was asking for? What person asks for $15 million dollars, absolute control of the franchise while he's there and even after he leaves, and also decides when he shows up....

What's to negotiate.

Last edited:
Do you not understand what Phil was asking for? What person asks for $15 million dollars, absolute control of the franchise while he's there and even after he leaves, and also decides when he shows up....
What's to negotiate.

then why did both sides agree to talk again?

*****ing about people who do nothing but ***** is different than *****ing about everything.
When you get what you ask for, what right do you have to still be unhappy?
Especially when you haven't even seen what is going to happen yet. :smh:
But whatever man, whine away... join the party. Have fun.

your complaining about people complaining....

its not that serious.

however hiring back to back hack jobs who are one dimensional when your in a win now state is utterly ******ed.

jim buss is just handing out millions to coaches just to fire them. antoni wont last long.

the fans arent a joke. we arent sheep. This organization is a joke. signing clown coaches to coach a roster with this much talent???

give me a break

Last edited:
BECAUSE HE WOULDN'T BUDGE..

that makes no sense. if he wasn't going to budge, what's the point in agreeing to talk again

this is what happened right?
they met with phil saturday, which is when he makes his demands. they agree to meet after he has made his demands. they hire d'antoni the next day

not soon enough.
I hear dudes in hear saying you guys are pathetic for wanting him fired already.
Same dumb dudes who said it wasnt mike browns fault and it wasnt the offense it was the defense...
Good luck with that with antoni. call him antoni cuz the D aint in him...
its getting to the point where all these cry babies who talk crap about brown then became his protectors once he signed with the lakers. same with antoni. lakers fans made fun of him for not having his teams play defense. ripped the man for never winning a title and his coaching style not being able to win chips.
but now that hes the coach of your team? your going to call people pathetic and cry and say your out of this thread?
you all sounding like some old school kings fans protecting every move the franchise makes...
you all some HYPOCRITES...
somewhere every knick fan and heat fan.....thunder fans all laughing at us right now...
truly just a pathetic day to be a laker fan...
why did you fire mike brown if you were gonna hire another one dimensional coach???

Feel the exact same way.

Sad day to be a laker fan.. :smh:

that makes no sense. if he wasn't going to budge, what's the point in agreeing to talk again
this is what happened right?
they met with phil saturday, which is when he makes his demands. they agree to meet after he has made his demands. they hire d'antoni the next day

plud the guy is out until december anyways. makes no damn sense at all to rush a day after.

hopefully this is just all one big nightmare...

List of Phil's demands

1. $15 million
2. Control of Personnel Decisions
3. Choice of coach after he leaves
4. Part Ownership
5. Ability to pick what games he coaches

:rofl:

Glad Dr. Buss wasn't a prisoner of the moment and made a SMART move

Last edited:
This stuff about Phil asking for the moon does not add up. All of the reports written after the meeting with Phil was all roses, and a great meeting at the worst.

So how is Phil asking for the moon equated to a good meeting?

That is rather sad for the Laker to paint Phil as selfish, when all they had to do was wait later in the afternoon for Phil to decide.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom