Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Whats the word on Nash? Will he play Saturday or Tuesday?

Why do i have a feeling we will lose vs the Knicks on Christmas day?

Laker Nation happy holidays!

I see Nash pushing himself to be on the court Saturday. I can also see Nash being full strength, come Tuesday.

I don't know, we only lost by 9 without Gasol and Nash against the Knicks last time. Things will be different this time around.

He just said Saturday is a possibility, Christmas most realistic.

Mabye because they just destroyed us and we always lose on Christmas.

J Hill better not be on that trading block...after he took less money to sign with us. Sets a real bad precedent going forward. :smh:

Anyone listening to 710 rt now??

John Ireland....
mean.gif
sick.gif

7 footers with Pau's ability are rare...you're not going to just find guys like that walking down the street. I fully agree with Kobe when he says that Pau is the KEY to our championship aspirations.

pau is an essential piece but nash is the key to the ship. nash will be the one helping create easy shots for the bigs and everyone else.

J Hill better not be on that trading block...after he took less money to sign with us. Sets a real bad precedent going forward. :smh:

Yup.

Look we have Earl Clark.. He is doing, and will do absolutely nothing on this team... Cut him, and get the PG you want.. Waste of $1.2 mil on Clark, but he already is a waste of $1.2mil.

Then pick up Delonte West. Who makes the most sense that it is nauseating that we keep having to point it out, yet they don't make the move... Because you can play Delonte at PG & SG... Which means if need be leaves minutes for Duhon & Morris. Giving us a deeper rotation.

Then we have Duhon, Morris, Blake, Ebanks, Johnson-Odom, Sacre all on the trade block. That's $10.463 million dollars that you can play around with looking for trades.

Here's all the teams that had interest in JHill this summer: MIN, GSW, PHX, ORL, MIA

TWolves: Have nothing to offer that we couldn't get elsewhere (Derrick Williams for Jordan Hill would be a bad trade for us.)
Phoenix: Unless we work out a deal where we get Shannon Brown and someone else I'm not interested
Orlando: Nothing.
Miami: Nothing
Golden State: They won't give us Jack for Hill.

I don't see any trade worth parting with Jordan Hill. D'Antoni is going to have to make adjustments to keep Jamison and Hill engaged and in the rotation.

Last edited:
Then we have Duhon, Morris, Blake, Ebanks, Johnson-Odom, Sacre all on the trade block

We better order some more phones to handle all the extra calls that'll be coming in.

:lol: I'm not saying it's great bargaining chips. But it is enough of a money/years balance that you may get a team interested. Especially bad teams that have money tied up in solid, but not solid enough for the money they are making players.

A Wizards firesale is coming, and Trevor Ariza won't get much return. If we could split his $7mil contract next year into multiple players, Wizards may take it.

Last edited:
Damn Critt. I had high hopes for that kid when he was with us. He coulda been the kid runnin the Grizz right now instead of Conley. |I

[quote name="Eyedea"] [quote name="westcoastsfinest"]There's a report I saw from Laker Nation that Jordan Hill is on the trading block? The guy that actually works hard and hustles, really? :smh:[/quote] pringles hates him for some reason[/quote]For some reason? He's better at defense than offense; there's MD's reason.

[quote name="CP1708"]
We better order some more phones to handle all the extra calls that'll be coming in.[/quote]You're a fool. :lol:

[quote name="Naija Nitemare"]I heard he was ripping Chris Broussard's article about how "Kobe is the Problem"[/quote]
btph-rasheed1.jpg

It was Mychal Thompson going off on on Broussard today on ESPN 710AM.

Here are the cliffs:

"Unbelievable. Michael Jordan took more shots, and nobody criticized him."
"Nobody competes like Kobe. Him shooting a lot is not the problem. Defense is the problem."
"Pau is playing in the wrong system. D'Antoni doesn't know how to correctly use him. He wants him to play on the perimeter. He's one of the best back-to-the-basket centers in the league, and D'Antoni wants him to be JJ Reddick!"

Ireland was just mad in general at the 30 points stat and people criticizing Kobe for "shooting" too much. He did mention the Broussard article though.

I don't know what else they want from Kobe. Last season was probably the worst Kobe had in terms of " shooting " too much.. i have never been angry with Kobe, i usually find myslef changing the channel when he's on " attack " mode..dude seemed like he really doesn't care of Mike Brown and just shoots them out of the game .. Kobe is actually playing very efficient this year and we still have people complaining SMH

Ex Laker Javaris Crittenton accused of slapping his baby mama while she was breastfeeding their 1 day old baby!! 

Javaris was suspended by Stern for being involved in the Arenas Locker room gun incident and is currently out on bond awaiting trial for the murder of a woman. 

Chris Broussard is a notorious Kobe hater just like Jason Whitlock.

The Lakers problem is their defense(include Kobe) and freethrows not Kobe's offense. Without Kobe the Lakers would be the Bobcats of LA.

Last edited:
Lakers' Pau Gasol, Mike D'Antoni try to get on same page

Pau Gasol and Mike D'Antoni met Wednesday night to hammer out some obvious differences since D'Antoni took over as the Lakers' coach, The Times has learned.

Gasol said he wanted the ball in the post instead of on the perimeter and also asked to play in crunch time, among the topics discussed with D'Antoni at a Manhattan Beach restaurant.

"It was to make sure we're in the same boat," Gasol said in a quiet moment Thursday after the Lakers' practice. "We're trying to reach the same goal. Let's communicate. Hopefully, we can meet halfway on some points."

D'Antoni told Gasol he would no longer be benched in crucial situations, according to a person familiar with the conversation.

Gasol has been benched three times in the fourth quarter since D'Antoni was hired, including the last 2 minutes 36 seconds of the Lakers 101-100 victory Tuesday over Charlotte. It was Gasol's first game after sitting out eight in a row because of tendinitis in his knees.

He sat out the entire fourth quarter Nov. 23 against Memphis and the last 6:07 of a Dec. 2 game against Orlando.

Gasol hopes D'Antoni can fiddle with his push-the-pace offense to accommodate the four-time All-Star, who wants to stay with the Lakers despite trade possibilities clinging to him since last December.

So he told D'Antoni to trust him with the ball, alluding to his past success of two NBA championships and two trips to the Olympic gold-medal game.

D'Antoni was the initiator of the meeting, suggesting they get dinner, something he would do with players individually from time to time. Was he making sure he wasn't "losing" Gasol?

"I didn't think I was," D'Antoni told The Times. "But I wanted to make sure he knew what my vision was for him and the team and see if that's all good. Then we'll tweak it or not tweak it.

"I thought he was great and gave me a lot of insight into a lot of things. It was more of a feeling-out process and what makes him feel comfortable. He's a very intelligent basketball player. Why wouldn't I get his opinion about a lot of things?"

Gasol's numbers have dipped significantly this season. He is averaging 12.4 points and 8.8 rebounds, and shooting only 41.3%.

Gasol didn't talk about increased touches with D'Antoni but, rather, specific places he wanted the ball. He doesn't feel comfortable with it so far from the basket, the norm for him in D'Antoni's offense.

"We didn't even really talk about [number of] touches because I don't believe in that," D'Antoni said. "But I believe in him being involved."

D'Antoni has tried to figure out how to incorporate Gasol and Dwight Howard in an offense that features a lot of Kobe Bryant shots. D'Antoni's latest attempt was to play Gasol and Howard together for only 4:04 in the second half of Tuesday's game.

Gasol, 32, makes $19 million this season and has one more year on his contract for $19.3 million.
Link

Back
Top Bottom