Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[quote name="PMatic"]Complain about D'Antoni not caring about defense, then complain about Jamison getting benched. Hilarious.[/quote]Wait, what? It's no secret that he has no real commitment to defense; I hate that.

Benching Jamison? Limiting Jamison's minutes? He's a veteran role-player; you're a coach. Find a use for him.

"I want him to play the 4, and we have to be able to change our team," D'Antoni said. "I hate it for Jordan Hill right now because he is the odd man out, and he doesn't deserve it. He's played well, and he is a good player. But for us to have a different team -- a different look -- Metta has to play the 4. ... As soon as Metta gets more comfortable with that role, he will be very productive as a 4."

Yeah sure mike.. You know damn well you don't even like Jill. Never had and never will.

We know he likes to play Pau and Dwight seperately, but I think eventually they'll start and finish games with both of them on the floor.

Nash is going to make the offense so much better. Not worried about his defense, its all about TEAM defense now. No one stays in front of pgs anymore. Last night they started trapping on every screen and rotating on time, pretty much shut them down. Everyone has to put forth the effort and be in the right spots for 48 minutes.

These last 3 havnt been against good teams, but wins still help when you're trying to get players to buy in and trust what you're doing. Theyre building confidence and trust. I think this team will be rolling in a month.

Ebanks should not play ever again. Have to find some minutes for Hill.

[quote name="PMatic"]Complain about D'Antoni not caring about defense, then complain about Jamison getting benched. Hilarious.
Wait, what? It's no secret that he has no real commitment to defense; I hate that.

Benching Jamison? Limiting Jamison's minutes? He's a veteran role-player; you're a coach. Find a use for him.[/quote]
Jamison has been putrid offensively the past two weeks. We all know he's not a neutral defender, much less a good one, so in essence he's useless on the court. It makes little to no sense to play Jamison if he isn't making shots.

Originally Posted by PMatic  
Complain about D'Antoni not caring about defense, then complain about Jamison getting benched. Hilarious.
Wait, what? It's no secret that he has no real commitment to defense; I hate that.

Benching Jamison? Limiting Jamison's minutes? He's a veteran role-player; you're a coach. Find a use for him.
If he isnt hitting his shots he's pretty much useless. Meeks and Darius bring it on defense.

Plus, if you put him in you have to take Metta or Meeks out. That would be ridiculous.

Last edited:
i just dont see mwp being very productive at the 4 spot. i mean he's strong, but he's only 6'7 with no hops. how is he supposed to get rebounds now? i just think that's a bad fill in. plus doesnt LBJ jump between the 3-4? Lamar Aldridge, josh smith, tim duncan. these guys are gonna feast on his small body. he'll be strong with fast hands no doubt, but he'll be giving up size so he'll have to be more physical which could put him in foul trouble early.

The league is trending towards getting smaller and faster (unless you're the Jazz or Grizzlies). If Dwight is Dwight (which he isn't quite yet), it's fine because he'll anchor the defense and gobble up rebounds. Playing another slow big next to Dwight allowed for more dribble penetration which Dwight had to overhelp leading to all those offensive rebounds. Now the defense should be faster to help combat the issue.

Not to mention it'll space the floor for Dwight and Kobe on offense.

Last edited:
We have to beat the warriors so we can have at least a LITTLE momentum going against New York. We have to. This is a good test for us, Mark Jackson has those boys playing good hard ball right now. We gotta show up, something were not accustomed to doing in big games lately. :rolleyes

Smh at D'Antoni jumping around starting Metta at the PF and bringing Pau off of the bench...

Babysitting Pau's emotions gonna have this team in the dumps.

Defensively teams spread us out and have Dwight camping at the perimeter and pick in roll Gasol and get layups. With Metta at the 4 we're able to defend the P&R AND Metta forces the other bigs into turnovers.

Offensively Metta is a scoring threat at the 4 b/c he can beat alot of PFs off of the dribble something he can't really do at the SF. Overall the team is more productive playing small with Metta at the PF, Pau can come in rest Dwight and anchor the bench to create easy buckets for guys like Jamison and Hill.

Pau off of the bench giving u 10pts, 6 Rebs, a few ast and blocks is better than him starting and giving u the same. His 10, Meeks 10-15, Jamison 7-12, and Hill hustle will give u 5-8 pts really adds scoring depth to the bench IMO

Smh at D'Antoni jumping around starting Metta at the PF and bringing Pau off of the bench...

Babysitting Pau's emotions gonna have this team in the dumps.

Defensively teams spread us out and have Dwight camping at the perimeter and pick in roll Gasol and get layups. With Metta at the 4 we're able to defend the P&R AND Metta forces the other bigs into turnovers.

Offensively Metta is a scoring threat at the 4 b/c he can beat alot of PFs off of the dribble something he can't really do at the SF. Overall the team is more productive playing small with Metta at the PF, Pau can come in rest Dwight and anchor the bench to create easy buckets for guys like Jamison and Hill.

Pau off of the bench giving u 10pts, 6 Rebs, a few ast and blocks is better than him starting and giving u the same. His 10, Meeks 10-15, Jamison 7-12, and Hill hustle will give u 5-8 pts really adds scoring depth to the bench IMO

Your post confused me, alot.

Did I miss a meeting, a breakfast or something?

We have to beat the warriors so we can have at least a LITTLE momentum going against New York. We have to. This is a good test for us, Mark Jackson has those boys playing good hard ball right now. We gotta show up, something were not accustomed to doing in big games lately. :rolleyes

I'm already preparing myself to see my Lakers get destroyed by the Warriors on Saturday.

I still think us not having Nash is being VASTLY overlooked. I said it in this thread somewhere a while back, but I thought Nash was lowkey the better pickup this offseason for winning NOW. Dwights our future and that's obvious.

I was already confident Nash was going to make Mike Brown look better than he actually was, but with him being back with his old coach whom did some damage and went through some battles together. Can't wait to see him out there and how much he improves our team.

I've also said Nash shouldnt be playing more than 30-35 min max per game, so it's nice to see Duhon and Morris playing pretty well in his long absence. Which makes me think, has Nash EVER had a serious injury or even an injury to this magnitude before he came here? :smh:

Its weird to see CP telling other dudes to relax. :lol:

A fraudulent win streak is stil a win streak :lol: :pimp:

I been tellin dudes to relax for the past 5 years. We would love playoffs games by 35 points and I would laugh it off and say we'll be fine. Worked pretty good for us too. :wink:

The only time I been worked up during that time was when Mike Brown was murdering our franchise. Now that he's gone, I can breathe clean air again.

Pau started hot last night, then cooled down. Kobe another 30 point game! And a 1 point win, at least we didn't lose to the Bobcats this time.

L.A.'s New Rotation

When Steve Nash returns to L.A.'s starting line up in the next few games, here's what Mike D'Antoni's primary rotation could look like:
Starters: Nash, Jodie Meeks, Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Dwight Howard
Subs: Chris Duhon, Darius Morris, Metta World Peace

That leaves Jordan Hill, Antawn Jamison and Devin Ebanks among those on the outside looking in, which D'Antoni said he regrets particularly in Hill's case, as he was pleased with Hill's effort in previous games.

With that said, he wants to open up the floor.

"We have to be able to change our team," said D'Antoni. "For us to have a different team, a different look, Metta has to play the four. If he starts at the three, then once I get him to the four, it's too many minutes for him. I think Metta will be very productive as a four, and our team will be very productive.

"You have Dwight, you have a 7-footer in there, so we can go small. I think it puts Jodie Meeks out there, it (gives) Kobe more area to operate. Once we get Nash back, we'll have pick and rolls... there's a lot of area (there)."

Typically, World Peace will check in around the six-minute mark of the first quarter for Gasol, likely to return two or three minutes later to replace Howard. That allows MWP to play power forward, which D'Antoni says is necessary "for us to have a different team, a different look," and Gasol to play center, which is certainly his best position.

D'Antoni started Devin Ebanks - who could still be in line for a few minutes at backup small forward - on Tuesday against Charlotte, but replaced him with Meeks to start the second half. Meeks has scored in double figures in 5 of 6 games, and has not only been spreading the floor with his three-point shooting (39.3 percent) but competing with intensity on defense.

"(Meeks) has a little pop to his game, both offensively and defensively," said D'Antoni. "He spreads the floor, always a 3-point shot waiting to happen. I think he's playing extremely well; he's a good player."

In addition to Meeks, Morris sparked the Lakers defensively against Charlotte, helping erase an 18-point deficit in the third quarter. D'Antoni said if he continues to play defense like that, he'll force his coach to put him on the floor, even if it's at backup shooting guard with Bryant playing more small forward and Meeks starting at the two.

Gasol and Howard will essentially occupy all 48 minutes at the center position, which in D'Antoni's system best suits Hill, so he may not play much unless one of the two in front of him get into foul trouble. Jamison had a run of five games in double figures in six contests from Nov. 23 to Dec. 5, but was a DNP-CD with Gasol's return, having failed to score in limited minutes in the previous two contests.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/121219_newrotation

^Laker4LifeMan Short answer: NO. Long Answer: They are still playing that injury card in the FO (Mitch being the biggest proponent of wait and see). Also they don't want to cut anyone despite there being redundancies and terrible guys on the roster (Earl Clark, Devin Ebanks) because they are expiring contracts that they feel can land them a good player in February.

I really do give credence to CP's argument that he is just feeling the roster out.... But the fact remains, WE NEED Jamison & Hill playing. Doesn't need to be monster minutes.. But a good 12-13 minutes is deserved.

Say he keeps Duhon & Morris in the rotation

PG: Nash (28) / Morris (10) / Duhon (10)
SG: Meeks (25) / Kobe (15) / Morris (4) / Duhon (4)
SF: Kobe (20) / Metta (25) / ???? (3)
PF: Pau (16) / Metta ( 8 ) / Jamison (12) / Hill (12)
C: Dwight (35) / Pau (13)

??? - I want that to be Jamison. Where we run a tall lineup for a few minutes. Then he rolls over to the 4. I understand he's not that good at the 3, and I know CP will flip when he sees it (at least consider my reasoning CP). But in the right situations, running a Morris-Kobe-Jamison-Pau-Dwight lineup would be tough for some teams.

Everyone plays. Jamison's minutes and Hill's minutes are not enough to me. I'd like both of them to be at 18, but with what D'Antoni is running that doesn't seem feasible. But at least from Hill are enough to get some impact. Jamison I'm not sure about.

Last edited:
Random but, I'm watching this Lakers/Pistons Game 7 of the '88 Finals right now and I never for the life of me could figure out why the lining on our court (3pt line, freethrow circle, logo at center court, etc) was red.

If red was an option back then I assume purple was or at the very least black or white..but red? Court looked awful :x :x

Your post confused me, alot.
Did I miss a meeting, a breakfast or something?

I guess u did or dont watch the games either or I can respect lol....

Pretty much if starting Ron at the PF has worked and he's flourished why move him to the bench?

Pau Gasol is a terrible starting PF at this stage in his career and with this style of NBA basketball b/c all teams do is put him in P&R situations on the perimeter w/ quicker/more athletic players. Pau is a decent starting center and can be a even greater 6th man backing Dwight at the center.

Yea he might have a starters contract but he'll get his share of PT along with being more productive with a bigger offensive role w/ the second unit and a lesser defensive role playing closer to the basket as a center.

Back
Top Bottom