Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not good enough to damn near put in 40 points in one game.

I know he's no scrub, I just used him since the game was tonight.

Last 4 games: Duhon 15.5 minutes per game... 1ppg. 3 ast. :smh:

Bench/Starters because I don't know what to classify anyone anymore is two players short..

Nash,Meeks,Metta,Kobe, Pau, Hill, Dwight... Nice 7 man rotation.. But we need at least 9. 10 if you want to be sure of yourself. 11 if you want to be considered "Deep"

Blake is not going to change anything.. Duhon won't do it from either side.. Morris is a few years short.. Ebanks is the most inconsistent player on the team. Clark just isn't very good. DJO isn't ready. Sacre isn't ready... Jamison could, but there are no minutes for him..

Nonetheless... The game could have been much worse.. And had that layup of MWP gone in, I think we would have stole the game.

Last edited:
Dudley is the goods though.

I'll keep saying it.... Delonte West & Trevor Ariza... Both are tremendous Defensively... Both like to play transition on offense..

Delonte is easy to get..

Ariza I'm not sure how we can get him. But what I am sure of, a 3-23 team would rather unload everything.. And Ariza has a $7.75 mil player option that he will take on the spot. If he declines it he's going to lose on $3mil next year. And he would end up getting the same amount in 2014 anyway. The Wizards should want to get rid of everything they can off this team ASAP.

Last edited:
It's so funny how much lakers threads mirror Knicks threads

We also think scrubs only show out against us

And the dantoni slander hahahhaa

It should be well established by now that dantoni's best coaching decision was letting Steve Nash coach the team

It should be well established by now that dantoni's best coaching decision was letting Steve Nash coach the team

Same type of fans.... And get the same treatment.

Missed my first game of the season tonight. Figured they would have trouble tonight with it being the second game of a back to back but Denver also played yesterday as well. Even though they lost, they are keeping it competitive throughout. Things are looking up!!

Same type of fans.... And get the same treatment.

We are similar in a lot of way, but I think you guys get a lot more favorable calls than we do. Kobe gets superstar treatment too. I mean he get's shafted sometimes, but comparing him to Melo--Kobe gets the better treatment.

Now, about this game. Like I said yesterday, I had you guys losing this game. Even though Brewer went off, the Nuggets just match up well against you guys. They have the quicker guards and size inside to disrupt a lot of what the Lakers do. They especially know how to guard the pick and roll. Faried is a plus as well. Dude is just a...Manimal :lol:

It's just one game and it wont make or break the season for you guys. Although, If I was a Lakers fan--I wouldn't want to see Denver in the playoffs.

Lakers defense is still the elephant in the room for you guys. Gotta address it one way or another. Tonight just mirrored that issue.

We are similar in a lot of way, but I think you guys get a lot more favorable calls than we do. Kobe gets superstar treatment too. I mean he get's shafted sometimes, but comparing him to Melo--Kobe gets the better treatment.
Now, about this game. Like I said yesterday, I had you guys losing this game. Even though Brewer went off, the Nuggets just match up well against you guys. They have the quicker guards and size inside to disrupt a lot of what the Lakers do. They especially know how to guard the pick and roll. Faried is a plus as well. Dude is just a...Manimal
laugh.gif

It's just one game and it wont make or break the season for you guys. Although, If I was a Lakers fan--I wouldn't want to see Denver in the playoffs.
Lakers defense is still the elephant in the room for you guys. Gotta address it one way or another. Tonight just mirrored that issue.
We beat the Nuggets by about 20 last time we played them, without Nash. I don't think we're too concerned, it was a game right after we played one yesterday. 

We beat the Nuggets by about 20 last time we played them, without Nash. I don't think we're too concerned, it was a game right after we played one yesterday. 
Denver played one too. 6 hours after yall. Also Denver played without Chandler and also Jamison & Meeks were playing like 2 Reggie Millers. Can they do that 4/7 games? Not saying it's a walk over but be realistic here.

Denver played one too. 6 hours after yall. Also Denver played without Chandler and also Jamison & Meeks were playing like 2 Reggie Millers. Can they do that 4/7 games? Not saying it's a walk over but be realistic here.
I see what you mean. But were the Nuggets trying in that Clippers game? Seems like they were always down 20 until the game was almost over. Lakers finally put effort in that quality Knicks win.

Nuggets caught fire from three. Basically an outlier of a performance. :smh:

Dwight losing his mind didn't help. It allowed for the Nuggets to go small and spread the floor even more.

Denver played one too. 6 hours after yall. Also Denver played without Chandler and also Jamison
I see what you mean. But were the Nuggets trying in that Clippers game? Seems like they were always down 20 until the game was almost over. Lakers finally put effort in that quality Knicks win.

To be fair for the Nuggets, they don't have all their pieces and they're still figuring out who they are. Denver rebounds the ball and they have the length and size to beat up on bigger teams. Ask Memphis and they'll tell you. Does that make them title contenders? Hell no! But matchups mean a lot to this game. Ask the Spurs when they went up against Memphis. Grizzles wanted to face the Spurs and lost games on purpose to see them in the playoffs.

Just like how the Rockets and Bulls don't match up well against the Knicks, same applies to the Lakers with Nuggets and Memphis. What makes it a little worse is that the Lakers perimeter defense is terrible and quick guards will beat the Lakers all the time.

it's no hate or discrimination on the Lakers. It's just basketball fact. It's not always about last game played.

Denver played a BETTER Clippers team last night and got in at 4am gameday. Give props where props is due, bro. You seem to be biased because you're a Lakers fan, and thats cool, but try to look at it from the outside in. I'm sure every real basketball fan will notice that every team has flaws. Even the Heat (Size), Memphis (bigger more athletic teams can beat them), Spurs (Quicker teams will beat them), OKC (lack of experience and another athletic team will give them issues), Knicks (Bigger teams and up tempo offense beats them).

It goes on and on. Right now you guys are not even in the playoff picture (you'll obviously make it in), but to think the road is easy with that kind of defense and a knucklehead coach? I wouldn't be confident. On paper you guys are a GREAT team, but Gasol needs to be moved (He played well at the end of the Knicks game, but he's not meant to be in this offense), and you need a deeper bench.

Again, I don't come into team threads to troll or trash talk. I like to have rational discussions and view the same kind of opinions.

Lakers are in the up and up and they have no where but to go up from here. Nash will gel with the team and other players will find their roles. Hopefully Dwight becomes more consistent with his game and shooters step up. You NEED all that to happen to make D'Antoni's system work. Trust me, I've witnessed it for 4 years in NY and it's not a winning brand of basketball.

I do want LA to do well though. The NBA is definitely more interesting with them in the mix.

Last edited:
Nuggets? really?.. Lakers always find a way to lose a game in Mile high city.. happens every season.. hell even Kobe doesn't shoot well in that arena :nerd: and THAT'S A FACT!

OR did you forget that the Lakers also blow them out the first time they play this season, remember when Dwight made his second career 3? Yup that's the game.

Match-ups? When's the last time the Nuggets won a playoffs series against LA?

this game just shows that while we have been playing well since nash came back, we still have a ways to go. from offensive roles to communication on defense, it should get better as time goes on. Props to denver though for an all around great game, it was clear from the opening tip that they looked to push the ball every chance they could and it worked out for them. Would like to have seen jameson in there with dwight out but if he was playing the 4 spot faried might have gone for 25 boards 
laugh.gif

As usual the game wasn't shown here but what do u guys think about Dwight's flagrant2 foul? Possibility of league downgrading to ff1 or will he most likely get a suspension?

Unwilling or unable, Howard has been unimpressive

People are starting to notice.

"Dwight Howard is basically Kosta Koufos" was the message I got from one NBA insider midway through the Lakers' loss Wednesday night in Denver, referring to the Nuggets' largely anonymous center.

Not long after, someone else who works in league personnel offered: "If you dropped in from another planet and had no idea who the players were, you would never know that Dwight Howard was one of the best players."

This is what Howard is allowing to happen: As more substandard games go by without noticeable rust dropping off, the image repair that was supposed to happen this season is twisting into reputation tarnishing.

If Howard is banking on disproving all that was said about him during his Orlando exit debacle by showing he is a winner as a Laker, he'd better be saving something super special for late in the season.

Howard's decisions to ramp up slowly and carefully this season, leaning on excuses from back surgery eight months ago and failing to get his conditioning back in gear, have brought him to this point – where those who really know the NBA know that he is not being great.

And if that's not condemnation enough, here's one that will surely sting him:

Dwight never wanted to follow in Shaq's footsteps, but he's already following in some of his missteps.

The whole idea of biding time now, not wanting to expend too much too early is classic Shaquille O'Neal philosophy. (O'Neal, however, would entertain himself by talking about building up toward playoff time in specific terminology, and to this day I can still picture Shaq's face as he would raise his eyebrows for the word "climax.")

Ejected for fouling Denver's Kenneth Faried in the face, Howard whined afterward about being penalized by referees for being big and strong – one of O'Neal's favorite statements. Looking so slow on the second night of a back-to-back set before the ejection – to the point that Mike D'Antoni said the Lakers didn't lose "a whole lot" in Howard's ejection – certainly was Shaq-like, too.

Howard blames weakened nerves in his left leg for his inconsistency, saying last week: "There are still days I feel really good, and there are days when I'm not so good. But it's all a process. I'm pretty sure at the end of the year I'll feel a lot better than I do now."

Steve Nash didn't name names the way D'Antoni did, but Nash had a point to make after the loss to Denver about that kind of mindset.

Everyone has days when they don't have their legs, Nash said, and those are the days when you'd really better "fight."

"And find other ways to get it done," Nash said.

As his dominance started to wear off, O'Neal actually went to Kobe Bryant before some games to say it was one of those nights he didn't feel good, so Bryant had better step it up.
Howard wasn't supposed to be that kind of guy.

Howard hardly ever missed games previously in his career – he played 624 of his first 631 before last season – so it was a reasonable assumption that he was the sort who prided himself on performing at a certain elite level he defines for himself. Whether he's just that rattled by his first major injury now, Howard's standards have lowered.

Is it going to take all season for Howard to feel like his old self again – and if so, will his new self never bring consistent effort in making the little plays that help teams win?
Or does it run deeper than that ... and is the limited activity his response to not having an offense features him in the post, where he most wants the ball, and teammates' defensive failures next to him?

Or is Howard simply content with being a Laker and having the majority of the pressure falling on Bryant and Nash to save the season? And will Howard wait until he is "the man" and Bryant is retired before truly accepting the responsibility of playing like a superstar every night?

Dangerous conclusions are there to be jumped to when you let the people make Koufos comparisons and see you getting killed by Faried. What we know for certain is that there was plenty of symbolism on that flagrant-foul play and how hard Faried drove toward Howard, who was simply unready to respond in the right way.

"He was just mad," Faried said. "I was getting in his head, and he couldn't get the rebound. He wanted to, but I kept getting every rebound. It's not like I said anything or talked to him."

Faried said the Nuggets were also motivated by the Lakers' victory a month ago at Staples Center: "They were laughing and giggling, so we came out to prove a point."
No one laughs and giggles more than the guy who inherited Shaq's old stall in the locker room at Staples and jokes around even more than O'Neal did there.

He's the guy who had 28 points, 20 rebounds and three blocks in that Nov. 30 victory over Denver.
Or is he?

Is he Koufos? Is he Superman?

Here's who he is:

Healthy enough to get 33 points, 14 rebounds and five assists back in the season's second game ... and two months later, he's the guy who still doesn't have the energy and effort.
Link

Back
Top Bottom