Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
we'll be alright. a loss new years day isn't so bad. that was a winnable game even after we played terrible. if we had just be successful on one or two more plays, things would've been fine. it happens. you don't have to coast through the season to win a championship, you just have to bring it when it counts.

I'm trying to tell you it's time to panic still under .500 like 10th or 11th in the West and the halfway point of the season already almost a month away. It's not looking good!

The Lakers wont be able to bring it when it counts cuz they suck.
They wont even make the 8 seed.
And if they do, Okc, Spurs or Clipset will send em fishing in 5 games.
And thats our best case scenario right now.

Kobe finally admitting the obvious saying the team is old, we have been saying that the last few years...

[quote name="L2B"]We don't need 28 foot double teamed 3's [/quote]Mamba :smokin

His style of play hasn't changed since the beginning.

If he had a less intense work ethic and a less positive attitude towards coaches, he would be Allen Iverson, and would have suffered the same fate by now.

If he had less talented teammates and no Phil Jackson, he would be Tracy McGrady, and would have suffered the same fate.

But he DOES have a very intense work ethic, DOES have a good attitude, HAS had great teammates and Phil Jackson...

... but 'work ethic' is not 'style of play'.

'Attitude' is not 'style of play'.

'Teammates' is not 'style of play'.

'Phil Jackson' is not 'style of play'.

For some reason, people seem to think that his longevity in the league and his championships are because of his style of play.

No. With the style of basketball Kobe plays, when we are left to rely on seeing how far he will take us because we have unmotivated/untalented players and a new coach... when we are left to rely on JUST HIM & HIS STYLE, we are a mediocre team.

Period.

The argument that we have won championships because of his style and how he plays needs to end.

It won't end, I know... but I wish it were more clear to a lot of you that is his style of play sucks.

If his style of play breeds championships, why are we not a championship team right now? And if you answer that it's because of teammates, then that means that the success we had was because of teammates.

The last time we struggled through a season, the excuse was that we had Smush Parker and Kwame Brown. Now we have Steve Nash, Dwight Howard, and Pau Gasol... but the excuse will be their ages and injuries.

It's... HIM. :lol:

He is the hardest working and most fortunate volume shooter in league history.

Y'all enjoy the show. That's... YO' boy. :smokin

Seriously though, I rather watch shaq work his magic in "Kazaam" than this team right now. They are so frustrating to watch.
How can so many fundamentals be ignored and missed by this team??

Other teams are doing the little things while this team seems like you need to guide them like a heard of sheep.

It's no surprise that Kobe's shot selection is atrocious, he's been doing that for years, but you know what's always bailed him out? The head coach.
Teammates are scared ****less to say anything, and I don't blame them.

Dwight Howard is not 100% healthy, OK, but what is everyone else doing? I feel the coaching staff is in limbo, no one can save this team right now, they have no fire under them.

It's a sad truth that painfully hurts to watch.

Last edited:
I just can't blame a dude that's averaging 30 on almost 48% shooting. *kany shrug*

It just seems like the lazy answer to me. "Kobes shooting to much".

Gasol is basically done, he's been done since 2010. Dude is having to many 2 - 12 nights. Then MWP is having 6 - 17 nights. Dwights never been the type of big you can just drop the ball to and he can go to work in the post.The bench is not reliable. So the only consistent players on offense is Kobe and Nash( who just came back ). Only thing I can put on Kobe is his defense, at 34 years old he can't keep it up with these young dudes and he looks lazy some nights.

I'm just hoping that with Kobe, Nash and Dwights presence on defense and offense they can do SOMETHING this year.

Kobe finally admitting the obvious saying the team is old, we have been saying that the last few years...
an older Lakers team with D'Antoni as its coach is a terrible combination. With Pringles style of offense, you need speed, endurance and an old team will not accomodate that every game.
RIP lakers

Stephen A. Smith spoke the truth today. Kobe is part of the problem. The whole team is the problem but Kobe takes it upon himself to try and score because that gets the team going. Nobody around him is doing anything, so as the leader of the pack Kobe has to take over. Which is when we get in trouble, hero ball. We live and die with our superstar. But ultimately, like Stephen A said. It's coaching. D'Antoni's system does not work for an old veteran team like us.

Stephen A. Smith spoke the truth today. Kobe is part of the problem. The whole team is the problem but Kobe takes it upon himself to try and score because that gets the team going. Nobody around him is doing anything, so as the leader of the pack Kobe has to take over. Which is when we get in trouble, hero ball. We live and die with our superstar. But ultimately, like Stephen A said. It's coaching. D'Antoni's system does not work for an old veteran team like us.

Been saying this for years now. Essential would disagree though :lol:

The Lakers wont be able to bring it when it counts cuz they suck.
They wont even make the 8 seed.
And if they do, Okc, Spurs or Clipset will send em fishing in 5 games.
And thats our best case scenario right now.

truth hurt

I wouldn't take it that way. This dude is probably saying all this so the "opposite" happens. Pretty lame though :lol:

i dont know, i think that statement is partially true. for one it is not kobe's job to get the offense going, that is why they have steve nash. and if kobe shoots 50% then there is no one that can say he is taking bad shots. especially if howard is shootin 1-7 and pau is shooting 2-11.. a skilled player like pau should not be taking 3s, when he has a skill and height advantage over 70% of the players in the league. the fact that the other players on the team are not producing, which leads to kobe playing selfish, because he is the only player that can get his own shot off.

like i said from the start, the system doesnt work with the players. and you dont select a system first and then look for players, no you maximize the talent that you have by building your system around them. and if d'antoni is not willing to change his system the lakers will not make the playoffs, we will be like new york last year.

you can see how new york is playing now, compared to last year. and i still believe that d'antoni's system is the problem. sure, we're old, but why not pound the ball inside, have a screen and roll, motion offense? cause once kobe gets the ball, everyone just stands still and looks at him.

and especially last night, you see pau struggle, you see howard struggle, and you still only use hill, meeks and duhon.. where is jamison? he's not allowed to play? a vet that gives his all in practice sits during games? i dont blame him for voicing his opinion..

and it is funny that metta says look at new york, when he didnt want to accept the lakers "old age".. yeah, look at new york.. they're playing well, cause d'antoni is not their coach anymore!

We all knew not getting Phil was gonna hurt tho, we all knew that. We have to at least hope that Pringles system with Nash running it will eventually pan out.

One thing I think is gonna happen tho, I think Pau is going to get dealt. I think they are going to start seeing it, they need more young legs. Pau can play, he still has it in him, but it's harder and harder for him to make things happen with the set up he's in right now. He can do it in spurts, but not 35 minutes, etc.

Houston, and Atlanta both have pieces we could take, now the question is what would his value be and would they want him anymore? :\

Man, if we really turned down Josh Smith a while back. |I

We all knew not getting Phil was gonna hurt tho, we all knew that. We have to at least hope that Pringles system with Nash running it will eventually pan out.
One thing I think is gonna happen tho, I think Pau is going to get dealt. I think they are going to start seeing it, they need more young legs. Pau can play, he still has it in him, but it's harder and harder for him to make things happen with the set up he's in right now. He can do it in spurts, but not 35 minutes, etc.
Houston, and Atlanta both have pieces we could take, now the question is what would his value be and would they want him anymore? :\
Man, if we really turned down Josh Smith a while back. |I

I doubt Atlanta wanted Pau for Josh. Imagine J.Smoove on the team though? :x

I doubt Atlanta wanted Pau for Josh. Imagine J.Smoove on the team though? :x

yeah that would be good to keep dwight long term.. i still think that delonte should be an option... what about pau for cousins? or does he has too much bagage? since the kings dont really want to keep him..

Why would they take an old player that makes 19 mil a year for a much younger player that doesn't cost 19 mil a year?

Besides the fear of Mitch holding incriminating evidence of something over their head. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom