Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alright I'm over it, this bum Dwight aint signing here anyway :lol:

He'll be back.

And bum? :lol: He's still playing better than any Center in the league.

Yes. His scoring stats are down. Scoring was expected to go down..

But he's still 3rd in points (only 1 point back, and that's with 4 less shots and being a 20% worse FT shooter than the #1 scoring center), 2nd in rebounds (this is the spot he's down, but on the defensive rebound side. Still gets 11.9 rpg) , 3rd in blocks( getting where he averaged).

All that with him missing something... Which is presumed explosiveness.

Last edited:
I know his blocks are still high, but come on, this is not the Dwight Howard we envisioned. His energy has been inconsistent and hence his defense has been inconsistent as well. I know he's coming off injury so he gets that excuse, but we are a third of the season and I don't see the consistency we are looking for. Hopefully they start looking better...

I know his blocks are still high, but come on, this is not the Dwight Howard we envisioned. His energy has been inconsistent and hence his defense has been inconsistent as well. I know he's coming off injury so he gets that excuse, but we are a third of the season and I don't see the consistency we are looking for. Hopefully they start looking better...

He wasn't even supposed to be playing until a week ago.

His defensive rating is 101 points on 100 possessions. That's very high for him. But still not bad. Some years there isn't even 10 guys under 100.

There's many different things that go into that. One a lack of good defenders and breaking down of defense far too easily is one factor. But the biggest factor is he isn't fully jumping the way he normally does. It's obvious. He shows flashes, but it isn't all in the tank. Which not only affects him getting defensive rebounds. But altering shots, and blocks.

Sure his energy is inconsistent. And that's a concern. But he's FAR from a bum. He's still playing better than any center in the league. And that's with something missing.

I digress:

Just one honest question: We are 15-16. How many games are altered if Nash didn't miss 24 full games, and most of that Blazers game he was injured.. Maybe 3-4 at least? We were going with Morris & Duhon for 48 minutes. Let's say we're 18-13 or 19-12. Is it as much panic as everyone has.

When Nash was out 25 games (including the game he got injured). We went 12-13. We tried to replace a top 10 PG with Duhon, Blake & Morris. Let's say we kept hold of Sessions who is a top 10 backup PG. Do we go 12-13? Not a chance.

Are there holes to this team? UNQUESTIONABLY.

Do we stand a shot if at least one of them is fixed? Probably not.

But we haven't played nearly as bad as our record indicates. And that's with a bunch of setbacks.

Last edited:

-post moves of any sort (go-to or counter)
-elbow extended range on jumper
-can't contain elite guards off of a pick and roll
-isn't reliable from the FT line
-takes Pau out of his natural position (especially with his old age)

Consistency is underrated, dude isn't "young and developing" anymore, he is what he is, back injury or no back injury.

I partly agree with you tho :lol:

Bum was a joke

Last edited:
I am not calling him a bum, far from it. But compared to his play with Orlando, he's playing like a bum.

Step away a second from the stats and use your eyes. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, hoping he'll get back to his former self. However right now hes not the player we need, hes extremely limited offensively, and is constantly getting stripped , and defense wise he's still slow.

Like I said hopefully he'll get back to his old self and this team will show some semblance of a defense

I am not calling him a bum, far from it. But compared to his play with Orlando, he's playing like a bum.

Step away a second from the stats and use your eyes. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, hoping he'll get back to his former self. However right now hes not the player we need, hes extremely limited offensively, and is constantly getting stripped , and defense wise he's still slow.

Like I said hopefully he'll get back to his old self and this team will show some semblance of a defense

I agree. He's not 100%. Or playing like he was at Orlando. If he was he'd have a career year this year.

But my point is to the trade idea. What could you possibly trade him for and be good with it? The answer is almost nothing,

-post moves of any sort (go-to or counter)
-elbow extended range on jumper
-can't contain elite guards off of a pick and roll
-isn't reliable from the FT line
-takes Pau out of his natural position (especially with his old age)

Consistency is underrated, dude isn't "young and developing" anymore, he is what he is, back injury or no back injury.

I partly agree with you tho :lol:

Bum was a joke

Even with **** post moves, he's as good as Bynum offensively. Bynum has great footwork, but has no idea what to do with it. And let's not act like Bynum didn't have 2 travel calls a game last year. Or ever pass the ball out of the post.

FT line I agree. But he's improving as the season has gone on.. He'll never be 70%, but if he stays over 55%, it's good enough.
The P&R defense is as much a coaching thing as a player thing.

I don't want to hear anything about Pau's natural position. That stuff has become nonsense. No excuse for what Pau is on defense. And Pau has himself to blame for not getting to his spots on offense. There is plenty of time for him to do that.. We're on year 3 of this Pau isn't where he should be. It was his job to develop a more reliable set shot from 15-16 feet out. And it's his job to demand the ball in the post. Half the time he gets the ball down there he passes it out anyway.

That last sentence is confusing when you get to the he is what he is.

Last edited:
Yeah Dwight aint lookin good imo, obviously the whole team aint playing well but he's the biggest disappointment on the team imo.

I didnt see many orlando games, but i honestly had no idea how bad he was at getting high % shots in the paint besides dunks and putbacks.

Yeah Bynum wasnt Kareem but cmon he's easily more skilled that Dwight offensively, sure D12's stats look ok because he gets a few cleanup buckets and a dunk or 2 per game but when he tries to work in the post its usually cringeworthy.

When you factor in his ft% the playoffs will be a nightmare, :smh: :x .........oh well at least i can think about past great seasons because we look extra mediocre this year.

Considering the loyalty he showed his previous team, yes, there are some of us quacks who think he'll leave.

Considering the loyalty he showed his previous team, yes, there are some of us quacks who think he'll leave.

Different circumstance. He also has limited options now. None of which are particularly interesting in a quest to win a title.

He can go to Dallas which has a horrendous FA track record, and be in a worse spot than he is with the Lakers. He can go to Houston in which all of their cap would be tied up in Harden, Lin, Asik & him. Or he can go to Atlanta which has an even worse track record of getting FAs.

Lose 30 mil in salary. In addition to losing $60 mil at least in endorsements in 5 years.

And not putting himself in any position for a title than he would in LA.

Also risk another media fire **** storm that he'll never recover being a guy that wants to be liked by everyone..

Not a chance.

Last edited:
Yall should of kept Mike Brown.

Right, because it's Mike Brown fault the team don't play defense. So how's the defense now?

15-16
15-16
15-16

You put dude on ignore because he said he doesn't think Dwight will be a true Laker? DAMN. :lol:

The fact that I'm an admin has to be the only reason you don't have me on ignore. :lol:

You put dude on ignore because he said he doesn't think Dwight will be a true Laker? DAMN. :lol:

The fact that I'm an admin has to be the only reason you don't have me on ignore. :lol:

No man. Contrary to popular belief, I actually like you. So long as you don't give me that generic candy that has no flavor.

But what the hell does that even mean... True Laker.. That's nonsense. I honestly couldn't even give a definition to it. And there's plenty of other people who say nonsense (myself at times included) that is whatever.. But "True Laker" what the hell does that mean.

It baffles me to the point where I don't think I could take him seriously again.

It's like an alternate reality of Guys who are Lakers and Guys who merely play for the Lakers.

I guess Dwight can be his bf, but not his bff.

Last edited:
in other news... i dont know how late i am, but :rofl: to vanessa responding to drakes lyric "you wasnt with me shooting in the gym"

“I love when immature kids quote a rapper that has never been friends with Kobe and knows nothing about our relationship. Just shows how gullible they are. I don’t need to be in the gym. I’m raising our daughters, signing checks and taking care of everything else that pertains to our home life. [...]

I really wish people would stop THINK and then realize that they are being sucked into someone’s clear intention to monetize and gain attention off of our family’s heartache. This is real life. I hold down our home life so my husband can focus on his career. It’s a partnershi

Different circumstance. He also has limited options now. None of which are particularly interesting in a quest to win a title.

He can go to Dallas which has a horrendous FA track record, and be in a worse spot than he is with the Lakers. He can go to Houston in which all of their cap would be tied up in Harden, Lin, Asik & him. Or he can go to Atlanta which has an even worse track record of getting FAs.

Lose 30 mil in salary. In addition to losing $60 mil at least in endorsements in 5 years.

And not putting himself in any position for a title than he would in LA.

Also risk another media fire **** storm that he'll never recover being a guy that wants to be liked by everyone..

Not a chance.

#1 reason why he'll re-sign.

If I were him though, Id go to Houston. Best chance for him to succeed and it's a system that works for him. Yeah, they run and gun and play at a high offensive tempo, but he'd had less to worry about with just him in the paint. Not to mentioned, they have a decent roster. Then again, Lebron could've went to a "better" situation in Chicago, but thats neither here or there.

Maybe if Nash was 3-5 years younger along with Kobe and Gasol--this would've worked. Lakers system isn't meant to run a D'Antoni style offense. I don't agree with Kobe's reason for the Lakers struggling as them being old. Knicks and Heat are older and they're doing better. To be fair though, Lakers were banged up for the first 25 games with Nash out and Duhon and Morris running point. I'd say you guys would've been 18-13 by now.

I haven't kept up with Dwight's games besides the national TV games he gets. Is he THAT bad in the post?

Last edited:
#1 reason why he'll re-sign.
If I were him though, Id go to Houston. Best chance for him to succeed and it's a system that works for him. Yeah, they run and gun and play at a high offensive tempo, but he'd had less to worry about with just him in the paint. Not to mentioned, they have a decent roster. Then again, Lebron could've went to a "better" situation in Chicago, but thats neither here or there.
Maybe if Nash was 3-5 years younger along with Kobe and Gasol--this would've worked. Lakers system isn't meant to run a D'Antoni style offense. I don't agree with Kobe's reason for the Lakers struggling as them being old. Knicks and Heat are older and they're doing better. To be fair though, Lakers were banged up for the first 25 games with Nash out and Duhon and Morris running point. I'd say you guys would've been 18-13 by now.
I haven't kept up with Dwight's games besides the national TV games he gets. Is he THAT bad in the post?
thing about dwight in the post is that besides not having a polished post game, the only place he can score is the post. every other lesser center (who is a top 1-3 scoring option on the team) has some sort of faceup game and can stretch the floor a little, dwight cant so he has to rely on his "post moves". the main problem he has at the moment is that he always brings the ball up with both hands right in front of his chest, which leads to about 3-4 clean strips a game. Never really watched him on the magic so maybe its just his back not being 100% but i also have noticed that he rarely finishes when he is fouled, i get that he gets hacked hard but sometimes its easy layups that hes missing. 

You think D12 wants to go another season with the Los Angeles Kobes? D12 wouldn't be the first player to go to another team for less money, and def won't be the last. He has said many times in interview "we need to move the ball around and rotate / help on defense", basically calling out Kobe and Pau without saying there name. Son isn't liking what he sees, and has given up on many plays because of all these ******** antics and Kobe's 'hero' ball. I can't blame him, it's pretty ******g ****** watching Kobe take fadeway 3s with 2mins left in the game. Dwight just running up and down the court, watching Kobe play 1 on 5, for 48mins. Down right disgusting :x

P.S. Dwight still living in a hotel/condo in downtown LA. That ***** is NOT thinking about buying any real estate here.

Last edited:
I didnt know ATL had the money to pick him up next year but quite frankly that isnt a bad spot for him. He goes to his hometown, Paired up with one of his closest friends and is undoubtedly the best player in ATL since Nique.

I don't wanna see him leave but because our owner is such an *** it seems as if well be stuck with Dantoni for some time and we Will NEVER win anything with him here. The guy has two great post players at his disposal and rather play run and gun ball giving Ron Artest 5-8 3's a game. Words cant describe how much hate i have for this coach..... they just cant

Yeah Dwight def gonna leave why would he stay? If he really wants to win a title the lakers are not the team we are a sinking ship ...Nash has 2 years left along with Ron Kobe and Gasol and we already suck so it's only gonna get worse from here he'd be stupid to stay becuase we will be a lottery team in 2 years

Back
Top Bottom