Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And I have a problem w/ the whole "Jim landed CP3" rebuttal.

Mainly because, well, he didn't.

Remember how Jerry almost landed Shaq? No, you don't.

Remember how Jerry came close to dumping Kwame for Pau? That's a failure that you don't remember, because Jerry succeeded.

"C'mon, ska. Not fair. Stern vetoed! You're misremembering."

Bottom line: it didn't happen.

Lebron's 6 imaginary rings are NOT more than Kobe's 5. "What could have happened" always counts less than what did happen. Jim absolutely did NOT... *checks CP3's profile page*... make it happen.

[quote name="rck2sactown"][QUOTE name="DarthSka"]
Kobe is a poor man's MJ? Noah is a poor man's Rodman. [/QUOTE]
:lol:
[/quote]A really poor man? Homeless, even?

Kobe is obviously world's closer to MJ than Noah is to Worm, but that wasn't the point.

I was saying... he doesn't NEED the ball to be effective.

And I have a problem w/ the whole "Jim landed CP3" rebuttal.

Mainly because, well, he didn't.

Remember how Jerry almost landed Shaq? No, you don't.

Remember how Jerry came close to dumping Kwame for Pau? That's a failure that you don't remember, because Jerry succeeded.

"C'mon, ska. Not fair. Stern vetoed! You're misremembering."

Bottom line: it didn't happen.

Lebron's 6 imaginary rings are NOT more than Kobe's 5. "What could have happened" always counts less than what did happen. Jim absolutely did NOT... *checks CP3's profile page*... make it happen.

so apparently Dantoni wants Raja Bell.

I say NO. we are not 1 role player away from turning it around. we need motivation and to figure out a gameplan that works and to get healthy.  What the hell is Raja gonna do? Dantoni plays like 8 players anyways, whose spot is he gonna take?

so apparently Dantoni wants Raja Bell.

I say NO. we are not 1 role player away from turning it around. we need motivation and to figure out a gameplan that works and to get healthy.  What the hell is Raja gonna do? Dantoni plays like 8 players anyways, whose spot is he gonna take?

More minutes from Meeks.

For those that missed Kobe on espn LA today he was asked if he thinks championships should define your legacy and he said "absolutely".  He made a great point in that we always tell young players to do what it takes to win...that winning is the only thing that matters but then we cant ignore that, look at someones stats and judge him based on that. He said before the championship run in 2000 he could have gone elsewhere to be the main guy but chose to stay in LA to win...otherwise his stats would be double what they are today but he would not be as legendary bc he would be at least 3 championships short of what he is today...possibly all 5.

[quote name="CP"]Posting this in here for me to play with later, nobody get mad or yell at me.

Kobe was almost dealt to Detroit for Tayshaun, Rip, Amir Johnson and a Det #1.

LA in 2008 would have been

Bynum/Turiaf
LO/Amir/Kwame
Tay/Ariza/Luke
Rip/Sasha
Fish/Farmar/Critt

Annnnnnnnd Marc Gasol on deck. We probably move/flip/cut Kwame or Put Critt in D-League.

Then we have our #1 + Det's #1 in the 2009 Draft.

Interesting.

"For CP purposes, nobody fret or yell at me".[/quote]#1 in 2008: Drose
2009?: Blake Griffin

:\

Originally Posted by CP  
Posting this in here for me to play with later, nobody get mad or yell at me.

Bynum/Turiaf
LO/Amir/Kwame
Tay/Ariza/Luke
Rip/Sasha
Fish/Farmar/Critt

Annnnnnnnd Marc Gasol on deck. We probably move/flip/cut Kwame or Put Critt in D-League.

Interesting.

"For CP purposes, nobody fret or yell at me".
#1 in 2008: Drose

ohwell.gif
2009 was Greg Monroe I thought 
nerd.gif

and how'd yall get the 2008 pick?

Chicago Gets: Dwight Howard and Earl Clark
Lakers Gets: Joakim Noah and Luol Deng

Works money wise, trade Clark high, now we have good offensive and great defense!

What's wrong with this one Essential?

Works money wise, trade Clark high, now we have good offensive and great defense!

1. Dwight Howard doesn't want to play in Chicago... Don't have to go any further than that.

Last edited:
You're so adamant on trading Dwight and going on a tangent about it..

When the Lakers are either keeping him, or letting him walk... Exactly what they should do.

All this they should trade him talk... Why? There's no point to... He either stays or he goes.... He goes, then he goes... We have $51million in cap for 2014.

Last edited:
Josh Smith is heavily on the block... I look to get him and put him next to Dwight..

Only move we can.. Or possibly should make.

Last edited:

When the Lakers are either keeping him, or letting him walk... Exactly what they should do.

All this they should trade him talk... Why? There's no point to... He either stays or he goes.... He goes, then he goes... We have $51million in cap for 2014.

Yea and we waste 2 years, i'm not adamant about trading Dwight Howard, I want Dwight to play like used to play, and if i'm adamant about something its about the Lakers winning, which they have done little of this year.

I don't get the letting him walk is what they should do talk, I just don't. I've been under the impression its better to get something for someone than let him go for nothing, that is just me.

i would seriously cry tears of joy if we can get Lebron in 2014. 

Call me crazy but I'd actually take Noah and Deng. :D

Noah won't touch a healthy Dwight defensively, but I love Noah's energy and effort in the court. And Deng over Clark is no brainer, Deng is more proven to me.

But whatever, fantasizing about this trade scenarios won't help. :rolleyes

Last edited:
Trading for Brook Lopez isn't wasting years?... Trading for Al Horford isn't wasting years?.. Trading for Noah isn't wasting years?...

There's a difference between getting fair value... And trading someone out of panic and being stuck with a contract.

You want Dwight to play the way he used to play..... Do you not think 1. Ongoing building of chemistry (Hell Nash and Kobe still don't play well together either) 2. New role 3. Injuries not in that order are valid reasons as to his declined play.... And his I lost my best friend demeanor is everyone piling on..

There's no indication he's leaving... None... That's not something the Lakers do... Every story written about Dwight and Free Agency... The one common phrase "Dwight is expected to resign" is included.

Last edited:
[quote name="CP"]Posting this in here for me to play with later, nobody get mad or yell at me.

Bynum/Turiaf
LO/Amir/Kwame
Tay/Ariza/Luke
Rip/Sasha
Fish/Farmar/Critt

Interesting.

"For CP purposes, nobody fret or yell at me".
#1 in 2008: Drose

:\[/quote]

Not THEE #1 man, just first rounders, ours + Detroits.Could have been top 10, coulda been top 20, no way to know. Just two first round picks in the 09 draft.

Edit
*Wait!!!!!!! Make that the 08 Draft.*

Last edited:

IMO, this is a terrible trade for the Lakers. And this is coming from someone who strongly dislikes Howard.

LeBron isn't coming here. I think it's either Miami, Cleveland, and maybe a NY team.

Gotta focus somewhere else now. I'd still offer the max and try as hard as I could to get him but it won't happen.

Not THEE #1 man, just first rounders, ours + Detroits.Could have been top 10, coulda been top 20, no way to know. Just two first round picks in the 09 draft.

Edit
*Wait!!!!!!! Make that the 08 Draft.*
laugh.gif
 The Lakers didnt have a 1st rounder in 08 and Detroits 1st rd pick wound up being the 29th overall pick 
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom