Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Seriously I just can't wait for the next 3 days to come & go.

Wednesday: PS4 gets announced & revealed :pimp:

Thursday: NBA Trade Deadline passes and Dwight is still a Laker !!

He ain't leaving on Thursday through a trade or on July 1st 2013 the first day of NBA Free agency.

NT'ers seriously need to get over it & deal with it already.

All this talk about his future with the Lakers or another NBA team is just nonsense and seriously worse than summer of 2007 leading up to training camp when Kobe demanded to be traded from the Lakers and Ric Bucher making claims "Kobe has played his last game as a Laker"

:smh::smh::smh:

Last edited:
Not THEE #1 man, just first rounders, ours + Detroits.Could have been top 10, coulda been top 20, no way to know. Just two first round picks in the 09 draft.

Edit

*Wait!!!!!!! Make that the 08 Draft.*
:lol:  The Lakers didnt have a 1st rounder in 08 and Detroits 1st rd pick wound up being the 29th overall pick 
ohwell.gif

Rck, we traded our 08 pick for Pau. We trade Kobe summer 07, there is no Pau deal on 2/1, ie, we keep our pick. You with me?

Trading for Brook Lopez isn't wasting years?... Trading for Al Horford isn't wasting years?.. Trading for Noah isn't wasting years?...

There's a difference between getting fair value... And trading someone out of panic and being stuck with a contract.

You want Dwight to play the way he used to play..... Do you not think 1. Ongoing building of chemistry (Hell Nash and Kobe still don't play well together either) 2. New role 3. Injuries not in that order are valid reasons as to his declined play.... And his I lost my best friend demeanor is everyone piling on..

There's no indication he's leaving... None... That's not something the Lakers do... Every story written about Dwight and Free Agency... The one common phrase "Dwight is expected to resign" is included.

This will be my last post regarding trading Dwight Howard, we are going to have to agree to disagree.

I don't think trading for Lopez or Noah (Haven't seen enough of Horford to judge) would be wasting years because both of those players I personally feel are playing better than Dwight and would be better for the Lakers than Dwight is right now.

Both Noah and Lopez are elite centers in this watered down league of centers, I think it is a fair trade for the current version of Dwight we are getting, obviously Prime Dwight is far and away the best center in the league, but we haven't seen that Dwight and don't know if we will.

As a fan I don't care what his reasons are for not playing the way he used to, if its injuries i'm more willing to understand, but his injury is a type that might linger, and I don't know if I want to deal with that. Think of the last big trade we had, that same year middle of the year he helped us get to the finals, right now we are struggling to get to the playoffs. Yes I know we are a few years older and the players might of lost a step, but I was expecting this season to be a strong one, not one to fight to get into the playoffs.

You are right there is no indication of him leaving, and i'm pretty sure the betting public is on him staying, however let me put this in bold nothing i've seen from this Dwight Howard has made me believe he's a player to build around

I hope i'm wrong and I hope like i've said he does amazing this second half and leads us to the promised land, but nothing has shown me that he will.

Regardless GO LAKERS!

worst laker season ever... RIP Dr Buss.

The Shaq, Kobe, Fish, RIck Fox teams and the 80s showtime teams would have played their butts out for him... Don't think this current team has it in them :smh:

Rck....you team Lakers now, fam?

If so Welcome :smokin
nope not just yet....

Not THEE #1 man, just first rounders, ours + Detroits.Could have been top 10, coulda been top 20, no way to know. Just two first round picks in the 09 draft.

Edit

*Wait!!!!!!! Make that the 08 Draft.*
:lol:  The Lakers didnt have a 1st rounder in 08 and Detroits 1st rd pick wound up being the 29th overall pick 
ohwell.gif

Rck, we traded our 08 pick for Pau. We trade Kobe summer 07, there is no Pau deal on 2/1, ie, we keep our pick. You with me?
Ahhh ok gotcha

rck,

after this season and the Kings are no more, you can confirm your Lakerdom by seeking out the Mecca (Staples Center) and praying to the statues of our gods (Magic, West, Chick).

rck,

after this season and the Kings are no more, you can confirm your Lakerdom by seeking out the Mecca (Staples Center) and praying to the statues of our gods (Magic, West, Chick).
roll.gif
 I'll actually be catching a game in April......... by then I shall know for sure what the fate is of my beloved team.

RIP Dr. Buss

Since Ellis will decline his option,

LAL — Korver/Smith

ATL — Ellis/Dunleavy/Clark

MIL — Gasol

Nash/Kobe/Korver/Smith/Howard, I'd lose Clark for that. This or the MIN/ATL deal I mentioned seems the most reasonable.

Last edited:
korver smith for Pau clark? hmmmm... It saddens me that I have to think about that.
I'd honestly take Pau and Clark.

Not when Pau's coming off the bench because he can't move well enough for a starting PF. Pau has the IQ but Smith has him beat in other areas (quickness/athleticism/defense/age). Korver's shooting > Clark's rebounding & if there's concern with boards, sign someone like Amundson/Martin. Make rebounding part of their contract.

Last edited:
korver isn't that reliable. really no go on that one. But your Smith idea looks nice on Pau.
Can you rely on him in the Playoffs? But yeah, he's a nice option. NOT a good deal though
if D12 walks. People need to understand that.

Not when Pau's coming off the bench because he can't move well enough for a starting PF. Pau has the IQ but Smith has him beat in other areas (quickness/athleticism/defense/age). Korver's shooting > Clark's rebounding & if there's concern with boards, sign someone like Amundson/Martin. Make rebounding part of their contract.

You act like the Lakers have been open to signing players that we need all season.

If we're going to need more rebounding, chances are slim that we'll actually sign the player we need.

Korver's plenty reliable wide open. D12's not walking, people need to understand that.

After doing either the Smith deal with MIN/MIL, that'd be either Nash/Kobe/Korver(or Kirleinko)/Smith/Howard + I'd trade Duhon/Meeks to UTA for Foye/Bell. Now that's Foye/Bell/Peace/Jamison/Sacre for a bench in which I'd trade Blake to TOR for Gray.

Last edited:
You act like the Lakers have been open to signing players that we need all season.

If we're going to need more rebounding, chances are slim that we'll actually sign the player we need.

Maybe making a move like this will give that extra need. Might not even have to sign anyone if MWP can at least rebound 7+ a game, probably the same for Jamison.

Last edited:
RIP Jerry Buss. thanks for all the years of happiness you brought us laker fans

My biggest problem with dwight is that he thinks he is a first option on offense when he is clearly not. this is why i think someone like rondo or noah would have worked out better since neither of them require many touches, and they are both fine with that.

LeBron isn't coming here. I think it's either Miami, Cleveland, and maybe a NY team.

Gotta focus somewhere else now. I'd still offer the max and try as hard as I could to get him but it won't happen.

I dont see lebron wanting to come here at all. I think he prob doesnt even like kobe and wouldnt want to play with him. sure if kobe retires in 2yrs lebron doesnt have to play with him long but I would imagine Lebron would want to play with kyrie irving over dwight that is if we get to keep dwight. If we got kyrie irving somehow i think lebron would want to come here.

Unless Mitch is able to build a good long term team for Lebron I just dont see him wanting to come to LA

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom