Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Championshiiiippp!!!
laugh.gif

Bird rights...

So his large contract will not go against our cap, that is what i'm assuming right?

Would you want to spend 100 Million on Josh Smith?

Bird Rights means you can offer him any amount of money... Considering we only have 2 max players as opposed to 3. Including max.

Bird rights is the reason we can offer Dwight a 5th year.

Considering you have room for another max player... He's young... He can anchor probably the best defensive front court in the league with Dwight.. Plays the speed of game that we want.... I'd strongly be for it..

josh smith is not a max player

And this is the fire you play with... Offer him slightly below max...

We have a 5 year deal, as opposed to a 4. A teams 4 year max.. Equals what our 5 year slightly below max deal...

For example a 5 year max contract for Josh Smith is valued at $90 million... A 4 year max is about $70 mil..

Last edited:
Bird Rights means you can offer him any amount of money... Considering we only have 2 max players as opposed to 3. Including max.

Bird rights is the reason we can offer Dwight a 5th year.

Considering you have room for another max player... He's young... He can anchor probably the best defensive front court in the league with Dwight.. Plays the speed of game that we want.... I'd strongly be for it..

Bingo...In the Lakers case they are taking a chance on overall fit....and both players are young and just entering their primes....2 defensive athletic beast on one team is a great chance
to take....especially when they can sign another max player in 2014

We have a 5 year deal, as opposed to a 4. A teams 4 year max.. Equals what our 5 year slightly below max deal...

For example a 5 year max contract for Josh Smith is valued at $90 million... A 4 year max is about $70 mil..
i see what youre saying but i still dont believe smith is worth that much

Last edited:
I rather hold out and offer Love a max contract. Hope Dwight resigns, and next year our chemistry is much better and we should be better. I don't want to panic and offer Gasol for Josh Smith and get hoaxed into signing him to a max contract where everyone knows he doesn't deserve one...

i see what youre saying but i still dont believe smith is worth that much

I'm not saying offer him 5 year / $90 mil... But you have an extra year and $20 mil to play with..

In my opinion, I think 5 year $70 mil is perfect...I don't think that gets it done... Maybe you increase it by $7 or 8 mil... More years, more money..

Last edited:
The way this league Cap penalties are hitting starting next year NOBODY is going to give Smith a max deal. The only teams that have a owner willing to spend luxury tax money who have cap room this summer is the Mavs.... Basically if cuban doesnt break the bank outta desperation smith is looking at a contract in the 12-13 mil a season area. Now with that stated i'll pay him that in a heartbeat when your talking about what he can bring

I think if we were to call up the Wolves and offer up Pau.. To swing Josh in three team, it could be done.. Even with Pau's injury considering the Wolves are waiting on KevLove anyway.

Hawks want 1. Young Center/ Talent 2. Draft Pick(s) 3. Expirings

Lakers get: Josh Smith, Brandon Roy, DeShawn Stevenson (BRoy's contract is only non-guaranteed, Stevenson has two years of nonguaranteed)
Wolves get: Pau Gasol
Hawks get: Nikola Pekovic, Derrick Williams, Stiemsma, Devin Ebanks, Wolves Draft Pick (Stiemsma is a nonguaranteed)

Or you can bare bones deal

Lakers : Smith, Roy
Wolves: Gasol
Hawks: Pekovic, Williams, Draft Pick(s) from Timberwolves

But the Sixers seem to be offering up a decent package.

No way essential, no f'ing way.

Makes no sense for the Wolves. Pekovic is healthy, young, productive and most importantly cheap. Then to add picks and Williams? All for a 32 year old injured Gasol who cost 18 million? No shot.

I think if we were to call up the Wolves and offer up Pau.. To swing Josh in three team, it could be done.. Even with Pau's injury considering the Wolves are waiting on KevLove anyway.

Hawks want 1. Young Center/ Talent 2. Draft Pick(s) 3. Expirings

Lakers get: Josh Smith, Brandon Roy, DeShawn Stevenson (BRoy's contract is only non-guaranteed, Stevenson has two years of nonguaranteed)
Wolves get: Pau Gasol
Hawks get: Nikola Pekovic, Derrick Williams, Stiemsma, Devin Ebanks, Wolves Draft Pick (Stiemsma is a nonguaranteed)

Or you can bare bones deal

Lakers : Smith, Roy
Wolves: Gasol
Hawks: Pekovic, Williams, Draft Pick(s) from Timberwolves

But the Sixers seem to be offering up a decent package.

No way essential, no f'ing way.

Makes no sense for the Wolves. Pekovic is healthy, young, productive and most importantly cheap. Then to add picks and Williams? All for a 32 year old injured Gasol who cost 18 million? No shot.

Pekovic is going to get $10mil in the offseason... No indication that the Wolves will give it to him...

Also the Wolves have offered up Pekovic & Williams for Gasol.... So... There's that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom