Delete

More fuel to the fire for those conspiracy theorists I saw in another thread. According to some the NFL wants us to win the Super Bowl this year. :stoneface:

SI cover jinx

Kaepernick made it last year after the GB performance...didn't win it all
mean.gif
laugh.gif
didnt we make it on the cover after the vernon-post saints game as well?? I dont care what those conspiracy theorists say so long as we win the lombardi
Yup

49ers press conferences about to begin for those interested:

http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/1/...title-game-press-conferences-jim-harbaugh-vic

Edit-- Completely forgot I had ESPN Insider :smh:

Carlos Rogers back Sunday?
January, 15, 2014
By Nic Reiner | ESPN.com

San Francisco 49ers cornerback Carlos Rogers has been out of his team's two playoff games after suffering a hamstring injury in the regular season finale. Rogers hasn't practiced since sustaining the injury but there are some signs he'll be making a return for the NFC Championship game against the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday.

On Tuesday, he was able to sprint for more than 20 yards (the most since the injury) and was walking without a limp.

“I think I’m going (to play),” Rogers said Tuesday. “You know, it depends on how practice goes. No setbacks and I’ll be out there.”

Even if he's able to play, he may not start at the position. Defensive coordinator Vic Fangio has made it clear he'd prefer to have a healthy backup playing than an injured starter. He also said last week that Rogers would have to practice to play.

Tramaine Brock is playing at Rogers's left cornerback spot while Tarell Brown has moved back to right corner. Backup Perrish Cox filled in for Rogers in the nickel position against Green Bay and Carolina.

Because of the big stage and his improvement, it's likely he plays at least some on Sunday, even if he's not out there the entire time.

Latest buzz on Fins GM vacancy
January, 14, 2014
By Tom Carpenter | ESPN.com

While looking at the potential timeline for hiring the next Miami Dolphins general manager Monday, we noted that the likes of New York Giants vice president of player evaluation Marc Ross, Arizona Cardinals vice president of player personnel Jason Licht, San Francisco 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble, Tennessee Titans VP of player personnel Lake Dawson, Cleveland Browns assistant GM Ray Farmer, Dolphins assistant GM Brian Gaine and Pittsburgh Steelers director of football administration Omar Khan have been connected in some manner to the Fins GM vacancy.

Last edited:
For those unable to watch the stream or are busy at work, Fangio just spoke.  From his statements, Carlos Rogers isn't 100% but he did say if Rogers is 100% by Sunday then he would play.  What I also gathered from his comments was that Rogers probably won't start but will get some plays here and there, but that he didn't want to mess up the consistency of how the defense, more importantly how our secondary is playing but "forcing" Rogers into the game.  That was my take on it at least.

*Reporter to Crabtree*......."Can you tell us what you learned from Randy Moss last year"

*Michael Crabtree"......"This like the 5th time ya'll dun asked me about Randy Moss.......we got Anquan Boldin here, we gonna learn from him......Randy Moss still my dude though"

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Reporter: Is Richard Sherman the best Cornerback in the NFL?

Crabtree: Nope.

:lol: :pimp:

Last edited:
*Reporter to Crabtree*......."Can you tell us what you learned from Randy Moss last year"

*Michael Crabtree"......"This like the 5th time ya'll dun asked me about Randy Moss.......we got Anquan Boldin here, we gonna learn from him......Randy Moss still my dude though"

:lol: :lol:  

Reporter: Is Richard Sherman the best Cornerback in the NFL?

Crabtree: Nope.

:lol: :pimp:

:lol:

Not like he's been apart of their success this year, but it's nice to know Seattle won't have a very talented weapon out there on the field in Percy Harvin..especially with the questionable wideouts that they have.

Still doesn't make this game any easier, these teams know what's at stake and everyone is going to be giving it all they have and leaving it out on the field. If Percy was able to pass the concussion protocol but still not 100% he'd still be one hell of a decoy that our defense would have to respect so it's definitely nice we will not have to worry about that.

It's huge that Percy isn't out there just for the simple fact that he would force the 49ers to adjust their defense creating all kinds of mismatches across the field.

Last edited:
It's huge that Percy isn't out there just for the simple fact that he would force the 49ers to adjust their defense creating all kinds of mismatches across the field.

Exactly.

I'm also now not as nervous if Los comes back to play this week, if I'm not mistaken he wouldn't have been getting a full workload either way. I like Cox and his energy, but he seems a bit sketchy in coverage at times.

My bold prediction of the game: LMJ will be a game changer returning kicks (yes I know Seattle has been VICIOUS covering kicks), and although he's a huge name I see Kaep having a great game in Seattle finally. From the interviews, demeanor I see, work ethic i hear about (my brothers buddy is either a founder or works in the higher ups of MusclePharm whom Kaep is sponsored by, so I hear little stories about his workouts) as well as the praise in press conferences from other teammates/coaches it just seems like this guy is very tough minded and has a will to be not just be good, but great.

View media item 752211

That's my Quarterback man..

PS-- It's starting to heat up in the game thread y'all :pimp:

Last edited:
I hesitate even bringing this point up because I dislike "coulda, shoulda, wouldas" BUT if Ahmad Brooks didn't get "flagged" for that hit on Brees we would have gotten the bye and more importantly home field this week :smh:

Oh well, if we let a crowd come between us and a Super Bowl berth then we don't deserve to be there.

Back
Top Bottom