Delivery Driver Cries After Being Tipped $1 For Hour Delivery

Screenshot_20210610-085058_DoorDash.jpg

I **** with DoorDash HEAVY!

I always choose the tip in the middle tip option.

With delivery services I feel more obligated to tip.

My man that drives Lyft says, if you REALLY care about tipping you should always tip the driver with Cash and never through the app since the driver doesn't see all of that tip.

That goes for Ride SHaring and Food Delivery.

Ya’ll til your Uber/Lyft drivers? I rarely do tbh unless im in a hurry and dude gets me where I need to be. Otherwise I dont see a point in tipping.

they dont just bring it from the kitchen. there's hospitality. if i need more sauces, if i need more water or another drink, if i have an issue with my meal, cordiality. There's more time spent during the meal, and more of a service provided. Imo, a waiter is more complex of a position than a delivery driver.

I dont think waiters necessarily are doing more work for 1 table than a delivery of 1 order. Especially considering they are using their own car and gas. Driving to pick up food, then driving to your house and to your front door seems like a similar amount of work to checking on a table maybe 3-4 times during the course of your visit.

Does the restaurant charge a service and delivery fee?

No because the restaurant doesnt deliver, without these independent drivers you wouldn't have nearly the amount of options for delivery. You pay the fees for the service and platform that offers you more delivery options. You tip the driver for their individual effort in getting the food to you.

Ya’ll til your Uber/Lyft drivers? I rarely do tbh unless im in a hurry and dude gets me where I need to be. Otherwise I dont see a point in tipping.

Help me understand why you think you should tip in one situation over the other?

If they got you to where you needed to be, why does it matter if you were/weren't in a hurry?

Conditional tips are just odd.

Help me understand why you think you should tip in one situation over the other?

If they got you to where you needed to be, why does it matter if you were/weren't in a hurry?

Cant even give you an answer honestly. Just never “sat right” with me to tip Uber/Lyft. As far as me getting there, im aaking the driver im in a time crunch and he tries to get me there in time, imma tip him for obviously responding to my extra need.

Cant even give you an answer honestly. Just never “sat right” with me to tip Uber/Lyft. As far as me getting there, im aaking the driver im in a time crunch and he tries to get me there in time, imma tip him for obviously responding to my extra need.
But he isn't doing anything "differently" when you are in a rush though.

He is still putting his foot on the pedal.

So why tip in that situation and not in a "normal" situation.

Halfway rhetorical question.

But he isn't doing anything "differently" when you are in a rush though.

He is still putting his foot on the pedal.

So why tip in that situation and not in a "normal" situation.

Halfway rhetorical question.

But he would be (hopefully) if I say im in a rish. If you in a rush to get to a to b, youre gonna put your foot down a little harder on the gas. If not youre gonna be chilling. Same for the driver, dude could be a reserved driver but if im like hey I need to get tot he airport im running late for my flight and he drives a little quicker than normal then imma tip him for his efforts of course. Acrually happened to me recently. I missed my flight back to NY from LA a couple weeks ago, told my driver im in a bit of a rush and I could tell he was trying his best but LA traffic got the best of us. Missed it but tipped him anyways for trying.

Dude just sounds silly, yet again.

But he would be (hopefully) if I say im in a rish. If you in a rush to get to a to b, youre gonna put your foot down a little harder on the gas. If not youre gonna be chilling. Same for the driver, dude could be a reserved driver but if im like hey I need to get tot he airport im running late for my flight and he drives a little quicker than normal then imma tip him for his efforts of course. Acrually happened to me recently. I missed my flight back to NY from LA a couple weeks ago, told my driver im in a bit of a rush and I could tell he was trying his best but LA traffic got the best of us. Missed it but tipped him anyways for trying.
Man **** that. Im not speeding and risking a ticket and/or accident because you are running late :lol:. Too bad homeboy, we get there when we get there.

:lol: Hold on, you expect someone to SPEED to get you where you are going? ANd if they do you THEN decide it is appropriate to give a tip?

You ever tip a Taxi driver b4?

california failed to pass a law giving these workers more rights.

its on the consumer now to boycott these apps if they feel strongly enough
they spun it hard. I think they said the gig workers/contractors wanted to be their own bosses and to make your own hours and $$$$ coming in is endless

I dont think waiters necessarily are doing more work for 1 table than a delivery of 1 order. Especially considering they are using their own car and gas. Driving to pick up food, then driving to your house and to your front door seems like a similar amount of work to checking on a table maybe 3-4 times during the course of your visit.

No because the restaurant doesnt deliver, without these independent drivers you wouldn't have nearly the amount of options for delivery. You pay the fees for the service and platform that offers you more delivery options. You tip the driver for their individual effort in getting the food to you.
But we are charged a service fee AND an additional fee for the delivery. Two separate fees on every order. Then we are asked to provide a third payment as a tip, why? What is the delivery fee for?

Look at the poster above's breakdown for reference, $3 was already charged to deliver on top of another $1.33 to the app
8CB271F0-7400-4442-93FB-183A430BE5F8.png

Do we tip UPS drivers when we paid a fee for delivery? If not, why not?

With a restaurant, dining-in doesn't get a charge which is why tips are socially expected(unless gratuity is included).

:lol: Hold on, you expect someone to SPEED to get you where you are going? ANd if they do you THEN decide it is appropriate to give a tip?

Cmon man its the real world. :lol: People are people, if I say im in a rush doesnt necessarily mean hes gonna turn into Torreto or he IS gonna speed and drive faster than normal. Drivers drive all day, they probably relaxed as hell when they drive. Say you in a bit of a rush and they probably gonna hurry it up for you. Its not a hard concept. :lol:

Cmon man its the real world. :lol: People are people, if I say im in a rush doesnt necessarily mean hes gonna turn into Torreto or he IS gonna speed and drive faster than normal. Drivers drive all day, they probably relaxed as hell when they drive. Say you in a bit of a rush and they probably gonna hurry it up for you. Its not a hard concept. :lol:

It is wild that you EXPECT it is what I am saying.

I know a lot of nters cheat. Just go pick the food up. Gives you unlimited time to be away and make some **** up about traffic, slow cooks, girl you wont believe this ****** done gave ne the wrong order again i had to drive back and wait, wreck on tbe interstate 10 again, etc excuses for your extended absence. I'm not saying I've done it, in fact I don't, but it'd work AND you'd save on the tip and get to go see your side piece

Back
Top Bottom