*| | Denim _ School | |*

How the hell did you get 37?
laugh.gif
I would just go try a pair on to be on the safe side
Linda- Looking for a pair? Get someone to cop you a pair and ship it out =)

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

laugh.gif

tape measure...
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by MJROCCIN45

Personally, I've been wantin to cop some raw denim jeans from Earnest Sewn... any knowledge on those???
personally, i think that the quality of earnest sewn denim has gone down drastically. i don't really have much knowledge of their raw denimbut on their website they have a straight leg xx - tough rigid jean for $185. you might wanna check it out

You know those Nudie even stevens up there? What type of fit are they supposed to be. Right now I'm wearing 501's in 32x34 and i really like the fit (i havent washed em yet), so do you guys know how the Even steven fit compares?

What's the best way to wash selvedge denim?

From my personal experience I've found that dry cleaning keeps the color of the indigo dye the same as the day you buy them, but you kind of loose therugged texture/stiffness (pause) of the denim over time.

On the other hand washing them inside-out inside of a tied pillow case helps keep the "stiffness", but you also stand a 50/50 chance of the indigodye running.

I just want to know what is the best surefire way to wash them and maintain the color and texture of the denim.

NT i need your guys' help on this one. I go to a school wear you can only wear black jeans so now im in a pickle of which brand to choose. ITs between APCNew Standards and Straight Raw G-Star Denim, both are about the same price but i want to try out G-Star because its not as big as other brand but then i wasAPC becuase they are a quality company but i dont wanna deal with streching

help?

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

What's the best way to wash selvedge denim?

From my personal experience I've found that dry cleaning keeps the color of the indigo dye the same as the day you buy them, but you kind of loose the rugged texture/stiffness (pause) of the denim over time.

On the other hand washing them inside-out inside of a tied pillow case helps keep the "stiffness", but you also stand a 50/50 chance of the indigo dye running.

I just want to know what is the best surefire way to wash them and maintain the color and texture of the denim.
just wash them like regular jeans.

Probably has been asked already but should I go down or up a size for nudies jeans? I'm a size 32 for a comfortable fit. Also any suggestions on other rawdenim that would fit well. Not too pricey though.

Originally Posted by acekilla408

NT i need your guys' help on this one. I go to a school wear you can only wear black jeans so now im in a pickle of which brand to choose. ITs between APC New Standards and Straight Raw G-Star Denim, both are about the same price but i want to try out G-Star because its not as big as other brand but then i was APC becuase they are a quality company but i dont wanna deal with streching

help?

From what I hear G-Star isn't worth the price

laugh.gif

Jon's buying them for me
smile.gif
I'm gonna pay him though.

Originally Posted by lalalindaaa

laugh.gif

Jon's buying them for me
smile.gif
I'm gonna pay him though.
Make him ship first and send him monopoly money
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

I kid I kid but that's cool, enjoy them
For the Chem II we have to wear pants for lab, so I've been wearing my Weird Guys a lot for the past couple of weeks considering it's summer. Thinkingabout doing a soak before I go back to school.

I just picked up some Helmut Lang indigo raw selvedge jeans.
They were $88 including tax and $10 to get them hemmed. So $98.
They retailed for $260, did I get a decent deal or can they be had for less then what I paid?

fairly good in my opinion. i would have pulled the trigger. helmut lang has some good stuff.
if you don't mind me asking, why the hem?

myself i just got a pair of Naked&Famous Weird Guy (green) for 75 at Barney's
eek.gif

can't wait to get started.

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

You know those Nudie even stevens up there? What type of fit are they supposed to be. Right now I'm wearing 501's in 32x34 and i really like the fit ( i havent washed em yet), so do you guys know how the Even steven fit compares?

id say theyre similar to 501s but somewhat slimmer. the link i posted, the picture is misleading cause youre not supposed to wear em that baggy. 501s fitlooser on me so i wear a 30, while the even stevens i wear a 31 so that theyll stretch out to 32 (my real waist size is 32)

Originally Posted by offbad

fairly good in my opinion. i would have pulled the trigger. helmut lang has some good stuff.
if you don't mind me asking, why the hem?

they were super long on me, I wear a 30 length in jeans, these were like a 34...
btw, I'm only 5'8"

yo to whoever was asking about black jeans- go cop some acnes.

i had a bunch but they are way too skinny for me now. def the dopest black jeans out there, the fit is sick if you're on the lean side.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

How much better are APC jeans then Nudie? What kind of APC jeans fit like Slim Jim's?

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that slim Jims are true to size, APC stretches out. I would get NS whatever your size is downsize 2. I prefer APC simplybecause of the cut/feel of the denim. I won't say it is better, I just prefer it. France > Japan. You really want short !%+$#% making ya jeans fam?

Originally Posted by kix4kix

How much better are APC jeans then Nudie? What kind of APC jeans fit like Slim Jim's?

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that slim Jims are true to size, APC stretches out. I would get NS whatever your size is downsize 2. I prefer APC simply because of the cut/feel of the denim. I won't say it is better, I just prefer it. France > Japan. You really want short !%+$#% making ya jeans fam?
roll.gif

I'm disappointed in these Nudies I have though.. Been wearing them since December and this is all I've gotten out of them.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

They fit really well though, only thing is they are a little bit to long so I gotta cuff them. Hopefully when I soak them they shrink.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

i had a bunch but they are way too skinny for me now. def the dopest black jeans out there, the fit is sick if you're on the lean side.
I've been thinking about a pair of black jeans. What kind of denim is it? STF? And does it eventually fade over time?

they come raw or washed.....good quality from what i can tell. i'm not a denim expert bu what i can tell you is that they have excellent fits, nodetailing and they look and fit very good unless you've got big legs.

judging by the rep & price i'd say the raw ones are good quality and probably fade well. but someone else in here will know more than i do.

Ok, I am lookin to change up my denim style and need some advice as far as fits. I like my jeans baggy but not overly baggy, no where near slim fitting is whati'm saying. But I would also like them to be somewhat tapered so I am not walking on the cuffs in the snow this winter. What kind of brand and/or fitshould I be looking at? Any help is appreciated.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that slim Jims are true to size, APC stretches out. I would get NS whatever your size is downsize 2. I prefer APC simply because of the cut/feel of the denim. I won't say it is better, I just prefer it. France > Japan. You really want short !%+$#% making ya jeans fam?
roll.gif

I'm disappointed in these Nudies I have though.. Been wearing them since December and this is all I've gotten out of them.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

They fit really well though, only thing is they are a little bit to long so I gotta cuff them. Hopefully when I soak them they shrink.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

I've been thinking about a pair of black jeans. What kind of denim is it? STF? And does it eventually fade over time?
a pre-soak and your nudies would have faded like crazy since december.
and no they are not gonna shrink. nudies are sanforized

Back
Top Bottom