*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

How much better are APC jeans then Nudie? What kind of APC jeans fit like Slim Jim's?

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that slim Jims are true to size, APC stretches out. I would get NS whatever your size is downsize 2. I prefer APC simply because of the cut/feel of the denim. I won't say it is better, I just prefer it. France > Japan. You really want short !%+$#% making ya jeans fam?
you're actually gonna want to size down 1 for slim jims. APC stretches a lot more so size down 2 would be good.

i can't speak much on APCs as I've never had a pair, but slim jims were my first pair and when i got them the denim quality and feel was like
pimp.gif
...i can't say much on the long term use because my aunt washed my pair 2weeks after i bought them...so much for a good deed
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
it all seemed to happen for a reason because i grabbed a pair of imperialdukes right after and
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

slim jims speak for themselves as they fit rather tight so be aware of this before you grab a pair. i'd say try them out at a barneys or something beforecommitting.

Pricing of slim jims are going to be around the $160s but you may be able to find some nice steals. APCs average the $140s

Originally Posted by FrankMatthews

Ok, I am lookin to change up my denim style and need some advice as far as fits. I like my jeans baggy but not overly baggy, no where near slim fitting is what i'm saying. But I would also like them to be somewhat tapered so I am not walking on the cuffs in the snow this winter. What kind of brand and/or fit should I be looking at? Any help is appreciated.

maybe Levi 501 STF if you don't want to spend a lot.
or some PRPS or Sugarcane's if you have that dough.

s6305964.jpg

s6305965.jpg

STFs been rocking for about 2 weeks

I prolly wontbe able to rock em agian after that final soak because I didnt buy them long in length

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

a pre-soak and your nudies would have faded like crazy since december.
and no they are not gonna shrink. nudies are sanforized

Is it still too late to get a nice fade?

I don't really get the stretching thing with APC. I sized down two (30-32) and I haven't experienced any stretch. They're still tight in the thighand waist and I've had them for a year.

Originally Posted by dunksnjordans1992

whats good wit true religions???
I'm not really a fan of logo on the back of Trues, I think it screams out "look at me" . And I don't think I've ever seen apair of dark Trues. The ones I see are all like the same color

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

i just copped a pair of acne moc raws online

hopefully they aren't too tight
smile.gif

Any sites that sell them? I tried google, but couldn't find anything....... nevermind

laugh.gif
, I have a pair of Trues I bought from the outlet a while ago. I think they're cool so long as you make the rest of the outfit pretty simple. Honestly,it gets pretty cliche around the internets when it comes to replies about Trues. At the end of the day, f you like the look and are okay with shelling out thecash, put together a nice outfit and be happy.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

laugh.gif
, I have a pair of Trues I bought from the outlet a while ago. I think they're cool so long as you make the rest of the outfit pretty simple. Honestly, it gets pretty cliche around the internets when it comes to replies about Trues. At the end of the day, f you like the look and are okay with shelling out the cash, put together a nice outfit and be happy.
why "shell out the cash" for obvious crap material and poorly put together girl jeans?

when you can grab some KMWs or Imperials amongst other real quality denims?

its like all the ed hardy stans...it doesnt make sense?

Originally Posted by c0nf0cal

I don't really get the stretching thing with APC. I sized down two (30-32) and I haven't experienced any stretch. They're still tight in the thigh and waist and I've had them for a year.
What kind of APC's did you get? Just the normal indigo ones? Have you washed them?

I have a pair of New Standards. I was a size 31 at the time (if we're being honest, probably a 32
laugh.gif
) and I got a size 29. First four days, I couldn't even button them up tothe top. I slept in my jeans those four nights (drastic
grin.gif
) but theystretched a bit and I was able to finally button them up. I've had them about a year and a half now and I'd go so far as to say the waist is a bitloose. I wear them very regularly and I've soaked them once and washed them twice. I wouldn't wear them without a belt or they'd sag a bit.Granted, I lost a bit of weight but I'm a legit size 31 now. I guess what I'm trying to say is, they definitely do stretch. A good amount.

Originally Posted by dunksnjordans1992

whats good wit true religions???
nothing they suck

I don't really get the stretching thing with APC. I sized down two (30-32) and I haven't experienced any stretch. They're still tight in the thigh and waist and I've had them for a year.

What model are they?

Originally Posted by what are you gonna do

laugh.gif
, I have a pair of Trues I bought from the outlet a while ago. I think they're cool so long as you make the rest of the outfit pretty simple. Honestly, it gets pretty cliche around the internets when it comes to replies about Trues. At the end of the day, f you like the look and are okay with shelling out the cash, put together a nice outfit and be happy.
why "shell out the cash" for obvious crap material and poorly put together girl jeans?

QFT
does anyone have any revolve clothing coupons?
http://www.retailmenot.com/view/revolveclothing.com

one of the first two should work.

Originally Posted by what are you gonna do

laugh.gif

its like all the ed hardy stans...it doesnt make sense?

kmw- kicking mule is milled out of kurabo, which, if im not mistaken now has several mills in china....not to say it's not still a really nice pair ofjeans...however the amount of time and respect put into denim and indigo by the japanese over the years have led me to a particular affinity for a japanesedenim milled in japan...

as for imperial.......
GOD don't you just HATE that back pocket logo
id always suggest flat head if you are going to shell out money...otherwise, as all have said before me, go the STF route

kix

i got some redline selvege 501s from a couple years ago...

whats your size?

Back
Top Bottom