*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

How do Nudie slim jims fit? compare to maybe a levi style? thanks
I say in between regular and the fitted look with a bit of a flared leg..
btw I have a brand new pair up for sale in case I can't return them to the store. 34x34

Originally Posted by willsndvl

Here are my APC New Standards after about 6 months of wear:

I wear Samurai S710XX's now:

2s9ob9x.jpg

wsupden?

Those are a bit long BUT I do like how they stack. As far as denim goes I am familiar with but not knowledgeable on many brands including samurai. Can I knowthey different types and their cut?
Also as far as cut goes I think I would a pair that fits like grimms..What is similar when it comes to apc's and possibly samurai?

Btw shoutout to summer ending soon. I can't wait for it to get colder so I can wear jeans again
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by c0nf0cal

I don't really get the stretching thing with APC. I sized down two (30-32) and I haven't experienced any stretch. They're still tight in the thigh and waist and I've had them for a year.
It may be how often you wear them. Try wearing them to bed. It sounds beast but if you want them to stretch this will help

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

I say in between regular and the fitted look with a bit of a flared leg..
btw I have a brand new pair up for sale in case I can't return them to the store. 34x34
how much?

rocked my helmut lang's today.
coming out good, btw these are my first pair of real quality raw denim.
I'm gonna rock em hard, and they're the straight fit, from the looks of them they look like apc new standards.

suuhcj.jpg

I got a question for the heads in here,
should I presoak my helmut's or should I just keep rocking them unwashed?
and how would I know if they're sanforized?

Originally Posted by Andrew630

which levis? 501s? the 501s are A LOT baggier
i bought a pair of slim jims back in december one size down, and they were extremely tight. they fit between 510s and 511s on me. i think eventrue to size would be like 511s without a taper

nah, i wanted to know what Levi style is most similiar to the slim jims. Whats nudies fit like 501's or 514's?

wsupden?

Those are a bit long BUT I do like how they stack. As far as denim goes I am familiar with but not knowledgeable on many brands including samurai. Can I know they different types and their cut?
Also as far as cut goes I think I would a pair that fits like grimms..What is similar when it comes to apc's and possibly samurai?

Btw shoutout to summer ending soon. I can't wait for it to get colder so I can wear jeans again
pimp.gif
I love long inseams/stacks, and I' not a fan of altering jeans from their OG state. So to the dude that said I should hem, no.

Anyways, to get a pretty fair outlook on samurai go to this thread on HB: http://hypebeast.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83398

Few posts down, and you'll see the different cuts and sizing advice.

As for looking for a pair similar to grim tims, I'm not sure, but aren't those the really tight model? If so, for APC, the similar cut would be NewCure. As for Samurai, the pair I'm wearing USED to be the slimmest model. Sams were never meant to be worn skin tight like New Cures or Grim Tims. However,they did just put out (don't know if they're selling yet) a new slimmest model that is along the skinny fit lines. Again, peep the thread andyou'll find most of the info you need. There's also a thread on APC in the same denim forum. I would also suggest SUFU's denim forum if you'relooking for more knowledge.

Originally Posted by Redrum SB

If they are indeed sanforized, do not soak. No need to. That will only get rid of excess starch and indigo, which is a no no for me, but ifthat's what you want, go for it. If they are unsanforized, a presoak is highly advised because when it comes time to wash them, they will shrink a lot andfades will be altered severely.

I don't know about the brand helmut, so I have no idea if they are sanforized or not. I tried googling but to no avail. Try researching them and find out.
smile.gif

nah, i wanted to know what Levi style is most similiar to the slim jims. Whats nudies fit like 501's or 514's?

Slim Jims fit closer to 514's, imo. Slim Jims might be a bit slimmer, though. They def. have more of a taper than 514's.

Redrum what the model/style on those?
Don't know to much about to brand but I'd wait 6 months then wash

If they are indeed sanforized, do not soak. No need to. That will only get rid of excess starch and indigo, which is a no no for me, but if that's what you want, go for it. If they are unsanforized, a presoak is highly advised because when it comes time to wash them, they will shrink a lot and fades will be altered severely.

I don't know about the brand helmut, so I have no idea if they are sanforized or not. I tried googling but to no avail. Try researching them and find out.
smile.gif

If they are indeed sanforized then did I eff up by getting them hemmed?
ohwell.gif

and can you tell if they're sanforized just by the feel of the denim?
my pair is real stiff (pause) and heavy...

Originally Posted by LB510

^ yea you did you want to get them hemmed after 6 months/first soak
but how was I suppose to wear them and look normal?
they were 35" in length, I wear a 30 in length...

If they are indeed sanforized, do not soak. No need to. That will only get rid of excess starch and indigo, which is a no no for me, but if that's what you want, go for it. If they are unsanforized, a presoak is highly advised because when it comes time to wash them, they will shrink a lot and fades will be altered severely.

smile.gif

If they are indeed sanforized then did I eff up by getting them hemmed?
ohwell.gif

and can you tell if they're sanforized just by the feel of the denim?
my pair is real stiff (pause) and heavy...
If they are sanforized, it won't be a problem because the shrinkage will be minimal.

There is no way to tell if they are sanforized or not by the feel of the denim.
ohwell.gif
My guess would be that they are sanforized. Where did you cop from?

here's a pic of me rockin the Helmut's...

2zf0nja.jpg
eek.gif

are those the mowabbs?
yup
pimp.gif
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Can you tell me how they run please? Never owned a pair so I'm going to have to order them...How do they fit compared to sbs possibly?

wsupden?

Those are a bit long BUT I do like how they stack. As far as denim goes I am familiar with but not knowledgeable on many brands including samurai. Can I know they different types and their cut?

pimp.gif
I love long inseams/stacks, and I' not a fan of altering jeans from their OG state. So to the dude that said I should hem, no.

Anyways, to get a pretty fair outlook on samurai go to this thread on HB: http://hypebeast.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83398

Few posts down, and you'll see the different cuts and sizing advice.

As for looking for a pair similar to grim tims, I'm not sure, but aren't those the really tight model? If so, for APC, the similar cut would be New Cure. As for Samurai, the pair I'm wearing USED to be the slimmest model. Sams were never meant to be worn skin tight like New Cures or Grim Tims. However, they did just put out (don't know if they're selling yet) a new slimmest model that is along the skinny fit lines. Again, peep the thread and you'll find most of the info you need. There's also a thread on APC in the same denim forum. I would also suggest SUFU's denim forum if you're looking for more knowledge.
Reading all that info is like studying for a test. I don't know if I can do it
laugh.gif
. There has to be at least 10 different types all in numerical form and thenthere is info on top of that I think? Ack
ohwell.gif

Nothing you really could have done.

being 6'1 and a 33/34 length FTW.

Nothing you really could have done.

being 6'1 and a 33/34 length FTW.
Are you saying helmuts are unsanforized??

here's a pic of me rockin the Helmut's...

2zf0nja.jpg
eek.gif

are those the mowabbs?
yup
pimp.gif
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Can you tell me how they run please? Never owned a pair so I'm going to have to order them...How do they fit compared to sbs possibly?
Mowabb's run true to size.
I guess they fit like SB dunk high's but bigger than sb dunk low's.

Back
Top Bottom