*| | Denim _ School | |*

Real Japan Blues 106BSP 

2 Years (and 3 days)

1 soak, 8 washes.

Now on permanent display at SELA.

I don't know where to look, i haven't brought jeans in 2 years, still wearing some old Levi's. Where to get some good jeans for around 40 -50??

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

Been so long that I forgot: I've worn my nudie big bengts for 2 years, am I supposed to soak them or wash them now?

dAMNN  you havent washed or soaked your jeans for 2 years??!! Wash em hard~! and post picts

Andrew630 the knee repair on your jeans is dope

This is a dumb question but, is there any way to make my APC New Standards slimmer but somewhat keep the color and not have it fade too much? if so, how? Thanks in advance!

Also I would like to get another pair of APCs but am not sure which to get between the Petit Standards and the New Cures. I dont want them TOO slim but I dont want them TOO baggy. My New Standards are a size 30. I usually wear a size 32 in everything else. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by DJanoano

Also I would like to get another pair of APCs but am not sure which to get between the Petit Standards and the New Cures. I dont want them TOO slim but I dont want them TOO baggy. My New Standards are a size 30. I usually wear a size 32 in everything else. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

from what I understand
Its 

APC Rescue               BAGGIEST

New standard                  

New cure

Petite Standard           SLIMMEST

in that order

Just got my APC NS last month. 
laugh.gif
underestimated how much work this would be to break these in and get the look. This may take a while.....

aight quick question...

I'm looking to cop some quality denim, something that I can get great fades/etc. with

The only prerequisite is I'd like something that fits like Levi 501's, which is all I really currently wear. While I love 'em, I havent been able to get them to look anything like I would like them to.

What brands/cuts should I be looking at?

Again, I just want something that, after I put work in, will look great.

I've been eyeing a pair of 1947 Levi salvedge, but what else??

I've been looking at Nudies and APC's, but don't know which cut is similiar to 501's..

goodlookin!

Originally Posted by maldonado

yuku buku koo koo canary diamonds
harry carey heimlich halle berrys hymen
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

this is what i do in class when im super bored. 

one i did this week

it says scribble, scrabble, dibble, dabble, doodle, poodle
pimp.gif

I personally feel that True Religions are horrible, the denim quality is cheap, over priced, ugly cuts, ugly pockets. I've seen some pairs look decent on girls.

Introducing Roy's Jeans - Single Man Made

Every now and then a product comes along that makes us rethink everything we know about jeans. This new product is from a man by the name of Roy Slaper. Roy's jeans bring aspects of jean production to light that we haven't seen on any level including deadstock vintage pairs.

We've known Roy for a while and he's been steadily perfecting his craft over the past four years, when we finally saw the jeans he'd been making we had to rethink the entire idea of "hand made". The term is thrown around a lot these days with the resurgence of Americana and American made products, many of which unfortunately are lower in quality than their Asian made counterparts. 

Roy's jeans are made by one man, every aspect from the patterns to the leather patch starting out as a large piece of cowhide, Roy makes one pair at a time and nothing is automated. The studio where the jeans are made is filled with vintage pre-1960's machines by Union Special and Singer, the hardware is all made in Japan YKK, there are seven different thread types used, and the Roy signature on the pocket-bag is freehand chainstitched. We don't know of another jean available anywhere with this level of detail in the production. 

We've produced a video showing off some of Roy's skills, it was difficult to show what takes two hours or more compressed into a three minute long video, but we hope you enjoy seeing a glimpse into the world of Roy. 

Click the full-screen icon in the bottom right corner of the video for the full effect:

https://www.selfedge.com/..._page=index&cPath=88

We're starting off this collection with two jeans. The RS1 is a straight leg fit and the RN1 is a narrow slim jean, both available in an unsanforized indigo selvedge denim. More to come in the future, even some tops. 

These are available now at all three Self Edge stores and in our online store, restocks will not come often with these. 

Check the online store for hi-res photos and full spec lists on these jeans:

https://www.selfedge.com/..._page=index&cPath=88

Roy's RS1 - Straight Leg Jean

Roy's RN1 - Slim Leg Jean

Personally, at the price point of 275 vs. 160 original price point, there are many other good alternatives. Not saying ROY is bad, but you begin to research other brands/cuts to compare to ROY now at that level.
I am currently wearing IronHeart 634s if anyone is interestied. I will take updated photos when I can.

APC jeans are nice, but be open to exploring other denim and cuts after trying it out already.

~Lefty

Back
Top Bottom