*| | Denim _ School | |*

i got my APC Rescues at 1 year, no wash right now....

although i did take a significant amount of time off bc i live in FL and jeans from March-September is just too much other than occasionally at night.

i have some good fades showing on the back, probably go another year no wash though.

good this bumped up again.....

just recently picked up ns @ 29waist kinda second guessing it for the 30
cause my true waist bout a 32-33(slack)
guess ill just run with em and see cause she 30 had baggage @ bottom waist button makes it ok....29 is bit of work

Does anybody know if The Hundreds denim is worth the try? I'm working on J-Brand denim right now (8 months), but I want to start on a new pair of jeans...

And also, I presoaked these before I wore them, would it be a good idea to soak these again? The fades are coming in, but very very slow... Just wondering if soaking them would make the denim fade faster.

What's the closest thing to a "GAP Skinny Selvege"? I'm looking to get a Grey or Black denim.

It's my first "skinny" jeans and I just love the way it fits. I can't believe I got to fit in it since I've never tried on a skinny pair for 3 years now.

I'm not looking to break the bank neither.

Thanks for any help.

Not many photos of worn in Strike Gold jeans, here's a few new ones by http:///www.superfuture.com/supertalk/member.php?u=78378"" target="_blank">a.khan12390

Strike Gold SG1105 5 months+10 days

5164607049_ce424544fd.jpg

5165211262_dca81edeb2.jpg

5164607617_667345c207.jpg

5164608603_39a7cbc341.jpg

5164608849_32b8c02c54.jpg

Anyone know of a site where I may purchase a cheap pair of Nudie hard denim jeans?...I made my last purchase from Gilt but who knows when they will make a return to that site

Originally Posted by Cels The YoungGod

Anyone know of a site where I may purchase a cheap pair of Nudie hard denim jeans?...I made my last purchase from Gilt but who knows when they will make a return to that site

nudie.jpg

aight so.... After doing a lot of research, I have a couple questions.

All that I wear currently is Levi 501. While I still love em, especially at the price point, they are obviously a lower tiered denim, in terms of quality. Also, I've yet to really get the fades, etc that I would like with them.

Up until this point Ive only had regular Levi STF's, but I just copped some selvedge 501 STF's. They appear slightly better in quality and the fit was actually better than normal.

Im now eyeing some 1947 LVC 501's. Im hoping to swoop this pair at $150, although they retail for $250.

If somebody snakes them from me, Im then turning my attention to Sugar Cane 1947 or the Okinawa cut, which pushes the prices to $300-$320.

My question is.......

Is the extra money justified in regards to what Im getting with the Sugar Cane pairs?

I've yet to have a pair in my hands to actually look at, but on paper they look QUALITY. Python skin patch?! WHAT??!

Should I skip the Levi's altogether, and just drop the scratch on the Sugar Cane??

Kiyab/whoever else - Any help would be greatly appreciated. If/when I do cop, Im doing so from Selfedge.com

any codes you could toss me to sweeten the deal?

Aight so somebody snaked those 47 LVC's off ebay so Sugar Canes it is...

Are there any codes I could get down with?

Originally Posted by maldonado

aight so.... After doing a lot of research, I have a couple questions.

All that I wear currently is Levi 501. While I still love em, especially at the price point, they are obviously a lower tiered denim, in terms of quality. Also, I've yet to really get the fades, etc that I would like with them.

Up until this point Ive only had regular Levi STF's, but I just copped some selvedge 501 STF's. They appear slightly better in quality and the fit was actually better than normal.

Im now eyeing some 1947 LVC 501's. Im hoping to swoop this pair at $150, although they retail for $250.

If somebody snakes them from me, Im then turning my attention to Sugar Cane 1947 or the Okinawa cut, which pushes the prices to $300-$320.

My question is.......

Is the extra money justified in regards to what Im getting with the Sugar Cane pairs?

I've yet to have a pair in my hands to actually look at, but on paper they look QUALITY. Python skin patch?! WHAT??!

Should I skip the Levi's altogether, and just drop the scratch on the Sugar Cane??

Kiyab/whoever else - Any help would be greatly appreciated. If/when I do cop, Im doing so from Selfedge.com

any codes you could toss me to sweeten the deal?
If you're looking at the Okinawa or Hawaii from Sugar Cane you should know that they'll last anywhere from 3 to 5 times as long as a pair of Levi's, even if you're talking about LVC Levi's.
The denim on those two jeans is pretty amazing, especially with the cotton/sugarcane fiber blend and the patch and stitch details, you can't go wrong with those, they're classics and we've had them since we opened at Self Edge.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

What's the closest thing to a "GAP Skinny Selvege"? I'm looking to get a Grey or Black denim.

It's my first "skinny" jeans and I just love the way it fits. I can't believe I got to fit in it since I've never tried on a skinny pair for 3 years now.

I'm not looking to break the bank neither.

Thanks for any help.
anyone?

damnthosejs, how do those gap skinnys fit? I like the slim fit but never had any skinnys as they seem a lil too tight for my taste. I've always liked the way the gap ones looked in the pics
and they have a color that I wanted to get thats only in those skinnys. Did you get your normal size to make them look like that pic? Thanks

lvc 47 501's retailing at 250? sheesh
eek.gif
 i got my pair for retail and it was 175.
and i cant even fit them anymore
ohwell.gif
nerd.gif
30t6p3b.gif

im looking to get a pair of apc Rescues. anybody ever had a pair of these? i gained some weight so i came from a sz31 to about 32/33

whats the cut on these? and sizing?

i got some uniqlo salvage jean that got wash by accident so it lost it natural color now i want to make it have that fade look how do i go about this?

Originally Posted by TJ Detweiler

damnthosejs, how do those gap skinnys fit? I like the slim fit but never had any skinnys as they seem a lil too tight for my taste. I've always liked the way the gap ones looked in the pics
and they have a color that I wanted to get thats only in those skinnys. Did you get your normal size to make them look like that pic? Thanks

TBH, their "skinny" is SLIM at the most unless you size down. I've never owned any Skinny jeans before and I just took a random shot on trying to fit one @ GAP. Surprisingly, they fit me like a glove (refer to pic #1) and I'm happy about the purchase. Mind you, I play sports so I certainly don't have slender legs. It's a TTS fit to me (at least all GAP jeans are TTS - 1 size big on the waist).

The Self Edge "Let's Drink" Sale - This Weekend

Here at Self Edge we like to find any reason to drink, and better yet, drink with our customers...

So this weekend we're running a LET'S DRINK sale on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. This will be the last time we're discounting anything this year. Come by the store and have a few beers with us and enjoy an 11% off (we're odd like that) sale on everything in the store.

We'll have quite a few new shirts, jeans, jackets, leather accessories, silver jewelry, and more in the store just in time for the weekend from Iron Heart, Mister Freedom, Flat Head, RJB, Strike Gold, Sugar Cane, Buzz Rickson, Dry Bones, and more. 

Come by and check out all the newest releases from every line we carry and restocks of all the jeans from all the brands which we stock. There's quite a bit of new product coming in daily and some will be going up in the online store over the next few days, some will be in-store only until after the weekend.

It's rare for us to have a blanket sale like this... Everything will be marked down 11% for three days so come by and have a drink and check out our new goods. 

SESF & SELA will be serving locally made artisan ales and SENY will be serving Miller High Life or Yuengling because that's how they do it in New York.

In-Store Sale at SESF, SENY, & SELA:

November 26, 27, & 28 (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)

Self Edge Online Store Sale:

Starts 9am (PST) Friday, November 26th

Ends 5pm (PST) Monday, November 29th

Sale in-store and online will be 11% off (Excludes all printed media and CDs). Customers which are not local can use a coupon code for 11% off everything in our online store starting at 9AM (PST) Friday November 26th, the coupon code will be good until 5pm (PST) Monday, November 29th. 

Sale terms cannot be retroactive for past purchases or to pre-purchase items which are not in our current stock.

Coupon Code for 11% off along with free shipping worldwide: DrinkBeer

https://www.selfedge.com/shop/

http://[h2]The Self Edge "Let's Drink" Sale - This Weekend[/h2]
Here at Self Edge we like to find any reason to drink, and better yet, drink with our customers...
So this weekend we're running a LET'S DRINK sale on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. This will be the last time we're discounting anything this year. Come by the store and have a few beers with us and enjoy an 11% off (we're odd like that) sale on everything in the store.

We'll have quite a few new shirts, jeans, jackets, leather accessories, silver jewelry, and more in the store just in time for the weekend from Iron Heart, Mister Freedom, Flat Head, RJB, Strike Gold, Sugar Cane, Buzz Rickson, Dry Bones, and more.

Come by and check out all the newest releases from every line we carry and restocks of all the jeans from all the brands which we stock. There's quite a bit of new product coming in daily and some will be going up in the online store over the next few days, some will be in-store only until after the weekend.

It's rare for us to have a blanket sale like this... Everything will be marked down 11% for three days so come by and have a drink and check out our new goods.
SESF & SELA will be serving locally made artisan ales and SENY will be serving Miller High Life or Yuengling because that's how they do it in New York.

In-Store Sale at SESF, SENY, & SELA:
November 26, 27, & 28 (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)

Self Edge Online Store Sale:
Starts 9am (PST) Friday, November 26th
Ends 5pm (PST) Monday, November 29th

Sale in-store and online will be 11% off (Excludes all printed media and CDs). Customers which are not local can use a coupon code for 11% off everything in our online store starting at 9AM (PST) Friday November 26th, the coupon code will be good until 5pm (PST) Monday, November 29th.
Sale terms cannot be retroactive for past purchases or to pre-purchase items which are not in our current stock.
Coupon Code for 11% off along with free shipping worldwide: DrinkBeer

Kiya, I see you!!!!
did ya'll get the Okinawa's I sent back yet? custom selvedge Store Credit letter 1/1 better hold onto that $%#!!!
pimp.gif

136876-db4.gif

Back
Top Bottom