*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by s dubl

how many wears til they start stretching?

link to the mexico levis? Are they the same quality as STF 501s?
Probably like 10-14 days of consistent wear you'll notice the break in and then the eventual waist stretch to your true size.

http://us.levi.com/produc...x.jsp?productId=10948876
if i recall the "regular"/projectile 501 STF are made in mexico too.

edit*
if i recall, they're probably slightly higher quality than the 501s (i haven't dabbled much in non-LVC levis in recent years). you're paying for the selvage obviously and they're pretty well constructed. i forget if they're chain stitched or not though.

'preciate all the help fellas!

Might look into those Levis, or go try on some 36 Levis to see how Id feel in the apcs during the break in period before purchasing online.

What up Chris... yeah Im really thinking about going that route. Im just going to see how I feel in a 36 in some 501s to be sure I wont be too uncomfortable during the break in.

edit as well
grin.gif
yeah Im just venturing into the denim thing. If I like it and have the dough I'll def be looking into something like that! Or maybe some of those Canes I see you rock, those look pretty dope as well!

Not sure if trying on a size 36 in levi's is going to be the same
APC are vanity sized so I believe a 36 is already a 38, correct me if I'm wrong?
Plus, the stretch on APC are insane, note my measurements in my pair.
And like several have said about breaking APCs in, you should barely be able to button the last button, sometimes you can't even yet on the first wear.

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

Not sure if trying on a size 36 in levi's is going to be the same
APC are vanity sized so I believe a 36 is already a 38, correct me if I'm wrong?
Plus, the stretch on APC are insane, note my measurements in my pair.
And like several have said about breaking APCs in, you should barely be able to button the last button, sometimes you can't even yet on the first wear.
Im def going to take that into consideration.... I really think Im going to bite the bullet and scoop the apcs.

Again, thanks to all that helped out!

One more question
30t6p3b.gif
sorry fellas... For the new standards, and rescues which one is the looser fit in the legs? Are either a skinny type? I'm not really looking for skinny jeans, or a baggy fit. Somewhere in the middle-slimmer fit.

Hey S dub, let me know how those APC's work out. I was in the same boat as you and ended up with some LVC 1955 501s and the Iron Heart's that Cris listed as well. Im a tall/big dude, and the IH are a bit fitted for my taste, but still rock them and using it to lose more weight. I had the LVC's for about 2 years and they are my go to pair. I got my pair from here: http://www.cultizm.com/pr...955-501-Rough-Rinse.html

He actually did a special order for me, so you might want to email him too.

KVN

Havent wore my APC Rescues all summer, as I really dont wear jeans during that season.

Put them on this past weekend.
eek.gif
. Super tight around my thighs, definitely gonna take some breaking in again!

ugh.... OK I went and tried on some 38 501s and to my surprise they fit me great, 36s even fit decent but couldnt button them.

After doing some reading online I cant decide between Nudie Sharp Bengt, and APC rescue (even though some mentioned new standards, one site said the rescues are better for a larger frame which I feel I fit in that catergory)

anyone care to chime in on this?

Rescues are real nice, I had a pair before and were really big on me. For a big guy like you, it would be a good purchase. They will fade well, and will fit well too. Size down 2 and youll be straight.

what about the nudies? as of now I have it narrowed down to the two I mentioned (unless someone suggests something else).

Did your rescues fit too baggy? Even though Im a bigger dude, Im kind of trying to get a slimmer fit without going skinny jeans.

Originally Posted by CoolGrayMemo

Will rain mess up raw jeans?

..............If anything, it'll help the break-in process.

And Shaun, yeah, Sugarcanes are cool too, even though mine are neglected right now, haha.

Cris.

Originally Posted by crisone

Originally Posted by CoolGrayMemo

Will rain mess up raw jeans?

..............If anything, it'll help the break-in process.

Mostly 'cus I ride a bike everyday and they got lightly soaked. 
I don't want it to mess up my in-coming fades.

ugh.... OK I went and tried on some 38 501s and to my surprise they fit me great, 36s even fit decent but couldnt button them.

After doing some reading online I cant decide between Nudie Sharp Bengt, and APC rescue (even though some mentioned new standards, one site said the rescues are better for a larger frame which I feel I fit in that catergory)

if this is your first venture, i'd say go for the value, and what you can tangibly try on before you commit that amount into it (believe me i have several no 0 and no 1 evisus, and LVC pieces that are DS). i'm not a huge fan of APC, and i've only the one pair of Grim Tim from Nudie.

these guys are also really good and not that expensive-- i like this fit, and have a couple of their dyes
http://www.nakedandfamous...ection/men/weirdguy.html

Originally Posted by offbad

if this is your first venture, i'd say go for the value, and what you can tangibly try on before you commit that amount into it (believe me i have several no 0 and no 1 evisus, and LVC pieces that are DS). i'm not a huge fan of APC, and i've only the one pair of Grim Tim from Nudie.

these guys are also really good and not that expensive-- i like this fit, and have a couple of their dyes
just found a 25% code on nudies at selfedge... is nudie really frowned on? This is my first expensive denim purchase, and would like my denim to last me for a while. Im not hard on my denim at all, and only wear once or twice a week during the cooler months.

edit...Also, the fades etc are cool to me, but not a deal breaker if they dont happen fast.

where I live my mall doesnt have many places with nice denim like ones suggested in here...

Originally Posted by offbad

just found a 25% code on nudies at selfedge... is nudie really frowned on? This is my first expensive denim purchase, and would like my denim to last me for a while. Im not hard on my denim at all, and only wear once or twice a week during the cooler months.

edit...Also, the fades etc are cool to me, but not a deal breaker if they dont happen fast.

where I live my mall doesnt have many places with nice denim like ones suggested in here...
they're not frowned upon at all, just for the most part pretty much you get what you pay for. APC and Nudie are generally known as "gateway" brands.

yeah, "gateway" is kinda what Im looking for. I dont really want to drop more than 200ish at the moment.

I like the selvege seem look and would kind of like some nice inexpensive selvege is kinda why Im looking for the APC, but I also really like the way nudies look and fit (from pics Ive seen). Some of the pics Ive seen of the N&F look a little too baggy for what Im looking for.

I just want the best bang for my buck, with not much bucks to blow lol.

Originally Posted by donpoppa

I would go somewhere and try on the nudies. They fit different compared to APC.

nowhere near me has either for me to try on
ohwell.gif
closest place is at least 1hr+ away.

Back
Top Bottom