*| | Denim _ School | |*

yah that blows about your selection.

for the record the N&F WG fit is like a tapered 501.

I guess go with what you can. try to google the different models you're looking at with "fit pics" and see if you get any help/ideas.

found some N&F weird guys for a good price, might bite the bullet...

anyone else care to chime in before I do?
nerd.gif

edit... scooped the N&F. Offbad, Im holding you accountable if I dont like em
laugh.gif
Less than $150 shipped, way more than Ive ever spent on jeans, but not bad for what some nice denim go for.

thanks for all the help/advice everyone... I really appreciate it!

I just got a pair of Naked and Famous weird guys too. Deep indigo tagged 30 (I'm a 32)
This thread put me on them
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

But I'm not sure if you could say they fit like 501. 501s have a super low rise? or is it called yoke? I think weird guys fit closer to 513 or 521 (slim taper). I was also a bit disappointed on the button fly, it is really short
tired.gif

I hope they stretch a decent amount, nothing too drastic, but a little more leg room perhaps.

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

I just got a pair of Naked and Famous weird guys too. Deep indigo tagged 30 (I'm a 32)
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

But I'm not sure if you could say they fit like 501. 501s have a super low rise? or is it called yoke? I think weird guys fit closer to 513 or 521 (slim taper). I was also a bit disappointed on the button fly, it is really short
tired.gif

I hope they stretch a decent amount, nothing too drastic, but a little more leg room perhaps.

maaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnn.............. I was stuck on the nudies, but seemed like no one had anything good to say (no bad either) about em so I passed for now. Really hope Im not disappointed in em. These cot damb drunk decisions
30t6p3b.gif

I've got some N&F and they both stretched out a lot in comparison to my Nudies. the N&F will stretch lots and fast so hopefully you guys who just got them did in fact size down.

I have the naked and famous slim guys....they are more like 501s than the weird guys

Weird guys are more skinny...slim guy is not to skinny, not to baggy

I have deep indigo in the slim guy...they stretched a little from when I first copped them

I'm a pretty skinny dude with big thighs etc cause I do track but they fit great

I think you would have been better off with the slim guys dub
My only complaint on those is that the length is only 34
It's not short but they aren't as long as I'd like when I sit down and before they settled they would look like high waters when I sat down haha
They are good now tho....I want a pair of weird guys tho

I think they will fit me better

Originally Posted by s dubl

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

tired.gif

maaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnn.............. I was stuck on the nudies, but seemed like no one had anything good to say (no bad either) about em so I passed for now. Really hope Im not disappointed in em. These cot damb drunk decisions
30t6p3b.gif
really? have they changed their fit in the last few years? the N&F i have are from back in 2008 or so and they fit me just fine after a few days of waist stretch. I didn't find that they were too slim in the legs or the rise was that low either.

sorry if you don't like them
embarassed.gif

Is there any way to stretch the waistband of your jeans. I have a pair of 511's that use to fit perfect but I washed them now the waist is tight.

s duble, here's a fit pic of my rescues.  i'm 155#. sz 30(in apc) if that helps. i have some tighter more fitting jeans but these are way more comfortable.  i wanna be able to keep my phone and squares in my front pockets.  had these like 3 years they're almost ready to kick the bucket but not there yet. i'll probably just grab another pair.

jtmam0.jpg

72skcj.jpg

aoatld.jpg

I purchased some RRL slim denim sz 34 my true size..

But for some reason when I walk the jeans make like a popping sound...

Should I size down?

Feedback would be appreciated thanks.

Aight I got my NS in and they fit tight as expected, no big deal....
But they are mad long...
And the leg opening is real small & I wear a sz. 13 so they barely cover my shoes...
Any suggestions?

Crappy Pics:
16k6t0n.jpg

2lxcphe.jpg

Introducing Stevenson Overall Company - Height Of Perfection

We've added a new brand to our line-up this week at all Self Edge stores by the name of Stevenson Overall Company.

Hailing from Hiroo (Tokyo, Japan) Stevenson was started by famed vintage collectors Zip Stevenson and Atsu Tagaya in 2005 with the intent to recreate vintage styles which were popular in America during the turn of the century.

The attention to detail of their garments is unsurpassed and every fabric they've used is woven for them by the best and oldest mills in Japan. From the wools on their accessories and jackets to the denim from which their jeans are made of to the natural dyed canvas for their shirts and jackets they've gone to great lengths to make sure that every fabric was made to fit their needs. They spend more time on fabric development than any other company we've encountered thus far. 

All the garments are sewn on vintage sewing machines and all the canvas and denim shirts and jeans are single-needle stitched, something rarely seen on garments these days. The belt loops on their jeans are sewn by hand due to their shape and details, the buttons on their jackets and jeans are leather-backed, and their watch caps are woven with the finest silk yarn and dyed with natural indigo and plant based dyes. 

Stevenson Overall Company is available now at all three Self Edge stores and in our online store. Check the online store for hi-res photos, measurements, and full spec lists on every garment.

Stevenson Overall in our online store:

http://www.selfedge.com/s..._page=index&cPath=92

Stevenson Upland Jean (717) - Slim

Stevenson Santa Rosa Jean (767) - Straight

Stevenson Saddle Horn Jacket - Brown Duck

Stevenson Saddle Horn Jacket - Indigo Duck

Stevenson Silk WWII Watch Caps

So, I have a bit of a problem.

I have a pair of Nudies size 36 that I've worn about 4 or 5 times and they're too big. I lost weight and an inch or two in my waist (II), and I know this because when I first got them (in August) they were tight. I normally wear J. Crew 484 Slims size 36 or 34 and they fit perfect. As far as the Nudies go, I'm strongly considering washing them to shrink them but that'll mess up the fade of the denim. What would you guys do? Also, does Naked and Famous have nice raw denim?

#PleaseRespond
EDIT: A few questions.  What exactly does soaking jeans do? And if I soak these Nudies and put them on as they're drying, will that help?

^^^ Not to take away from your fitness goals, but the jeans would have naturally loosened 2-4 inches when you wore them.

Soaking them and putting them on (while it feels weird
laugh.gif
) will better help them mold to your body.

Originally Posted by Swag Odie

^^^ Not to take away from your fitness goals, but the jeans would have naturally loosened 2-4 inches when you wore them.

laugh.gif

I noticed they're not as stiff as they were the first couple of wears.  Stupid question but does soaking take some of the indigo out of the jeans?  Meaning, will they start to fade?
If you were in my shoes in this situation, would soaking them get me a better fit?

I know this question been asked 100 times. 
Im looking to get a nice pair of selvedge denim for the winter for a decent price. 

Not too tight but not super baggy tho. like a nice 501 fit. 

Any help? 

Thanks guys

Originally Posted by Tlong80

I know this question been asked 100 times. 
Im looking to get a nice pair of selvedge denim for the winter for a decent price. 

Not too tight but not super baggy tho. like a nice 501 fit. 

Any help? 

Thanks guys

Selvedge 501's? There is a link posted one or two pages before this one on where to buy them [levis.com].
Unbranded Straight Fit? 

Iron Heart Mock-Twist Shirts, Micro-Cord Shirt, and 25oz Jeans

We've started to receive shirts and jeans from Iron Heart's Fall/Winter 2011 collection.

Starting it off is a set of mock-twist fabric shirts available in both red and black. The fabric has a nice heft to it and the body is triple-stitched for durability. 

Next up is our favorite fall shirt to hit the store yet. It's a black micro-cord shirt which has a double woven weft so the inside feels very smooth and the fabric is windproof even though it's light-weight. The outside is so soft it feels like velvet, super flavorful indeed.

We've also got their new 25oz denim jeans made of a dark indigo sanforized selvedge fabric. These are available in both the 634 (straight leg) cut and the 666 (slim leg) cut.

Along with these new items all the stores have received full restocks of all Iron Heart jeans, jackets, and belts.

All these items are available now at all three Self Edge stores and in our online store, there will be no restock of these shirts or jeans. Check the online store for spec lists, measurements, and hi-res photos:

Iron Heart in our online store:

https://www.selfedge.com/..._page=index&cPath=71

Iron Heart 634-XHS 25oz Denim Jeans - Straight Leg

Iron Heart 666-XHS 25oz Denim Jeans - Slim Leg

Iron Heart Black Micro-Cord Shirt

Iron Heart Mock Twist Shirt - Black

Iron Heart Mock Twist Shirt - Red

Originally Posted by CHRISblazinNJ

Originally Posted by Swag Odie

laugh.gif

I noticed they're not as stiff as they were the first couple of wears.  Stupid question but does soaking take some of the indigo out of the jeans?  Meaning, will they start to fade?
If you were in my shoes in this situation, would soaking them get me a better fit?
Soaking will take some of the indigo out.  More will bleed when using hot water as opposed to cold.
And if the only problems you had were with the waist, I would suggest finding a belt that works for you(and not soaking them).  The waist will tighten back up the first few wears after the soak, but it'll loosen up again after that.

So..... Just got my naked & famous weird guys in the mail the other day. Fit is a little slimmer than I'd like, but I can deal with that. The denim seems like its really soft. I was thinking its supposed to be more stiff (pause) being raw denim. My 501 stfs are stiffer than these and I've worn them quite a few times. This is my first time with "raw" denim, is it supposed to be like this?

Back
Top Bottom