*| | Denim _ School | |*

Was looking for a pair of naked and famous jeans. I am a big levi's 511 fan. But the skinny guy in the pics look like they fit strange. The weird guy looks like it fits a little better but i prefer skinny cut vs straight leg.
Any pics of skinny guy fits? or any suggestions on sizing vs levis 511? I size up normally in a 34x32

weird guys are not straight leg. they are tapered

does anyone have experience with 3sixteens? im looking for a levis 511 kind of fit. if not, alternatives that might work (besides apc :D) thanks

My good news this week is the Timberland jeans that I liked - but was never too happy about the alteration - have been replaced. A rivet fell off so I took them back to the store and they gave me a brand new pair - obviously unaltered.

I'm going to send them to this guy - http://www.thedenimdoctor.co.uk/ - and have them chainstitched the right length.

if you got $200 to spare, buy APC's. Once you buy them, come back here and we will teach you what to do next.
:stoneface:
You sound like a tool.
"Once you buy them, come back here and we will teach you what to do next."
Really dude? Just wear the jeans.
:rofl:. I still got my pair :pimp:
I looking at almost 200 for a blown crotch repair so i just got them hemmed by one inch & repaired them myself with that inch left :pimp:

been meaning to try RRL

I'm having trouble finding jeans that fit well. I'm 5'9", 145, (skinny dude), 32 waist. I'm basically long and slim, and I can't find any pairs of jeans that fit well. Looking for slim jeans, but not skinny.

Any recommendations?
5'9" and long do not mesh well in my mind.  Unless you have dat dere BBC.

does anyone have experience with 3sixteens? im looking for a levis 511 kind of fit. if not, alternatives that might work (besides apc :D) thanks
3sixteen quality is solid, if you're looking for something cheaper, id say maybe nudie grim time, even cheaper would be naked and famous weird guys

edit: slim guys over weird guys due to 511s being straight leg, forgot about that :X

Last edited:
My good news this week is the Timberland jeans that I liked - but was never too happy about the alteration - have been replaced. A rivet fell off so I took them back to the store and they gave me a brand new pair - obviously unaltered.
I'm going to send them to this guy - http://www.thedenimdoctor.co.uk/ - and have them chainstitched the right length.
damnnn, are you shipping them from the US overseas? i remember your initial post worrying about the alteration, i was hoping that would have turned out alright

This threads been kind of dead. Let's bring it back vol back to school.
I'm trying to step my pants game up NT brethren. Currently I'm messing with levis 511 and 514. Can anyone recommend me some brands and styles that a high school student with a job can buy. I'm looking for something kind of baggy, but still with a fitted type of appearance, if that makes any sense, something like Wale's since his denim is always on point, but I doubt I can afford it.
Any help is appreciatted.

i think you'll like slim guys
http://www.nakedandfamousdenim.com/collection/men/slimguy.html

naked and famous has good prices for just starting out

Last edited:
just got some naked and famous skinny guys and i like them alot. Does andyone know what the closet style and fit to a skinny guy would be in nudies?Would it be a thin fin (or something like that)

thin finn or slim jims, i believe

I'm looking for something lighter and maybe slimmer than samurai 710s (check sig), what are alternatives to APC in about the same price range?
i think naked and famous is gonna be most comparable and cheaper than APC - weird guy has the tapered leg but low rise compared to the mid rise of the 710s

or nudies, but you're gonna have to raise your budget a little bit from APCs -- maybe thin finn? not sure how you'd like the low yoke though

i apologize for mostly repeating myself between only nudie and naked and famous, i only want to recommend what I know and have confidence in, which leaves those 2 brands within the 140-225 price point -- there's a ton of other amazing denim brands out there, but i don't want anyone breaking their wallets if they're just starting out. APC is a solid brand, I just can't agree with their price increase when they haven't made any substantial improvements to justify it.

feel free to let us know if you guys find any great brands, i'm a huge fan of variety

Sorry for the wall of replies, and the slow responses, I just finished wrecking my DATs :tongue:

damnnn, are you shipping them from the US overseas? i remember your initial post worrying about the alteration, i was hoping that would have turned out alright

No, I'm in the UK.

The original alteration was okay. No-one would have known anything - but if you looked closely it wasn't great and that always annoyed me.

That guys prices for alterations are about the same as the local people around here - but obviously he's a lot better. I'll have to spend about $8 mailing him the jeans and then it's the same. Should be worth it I think.

how the hell do i shrink a pair of nudies?

bought some dry broken twill slim jims today and they're a big too wide in the leg opening.

I took them to the wash

washed them in hot water

dried them on high heat

...didn't shrink. Lost a bit of indigo, though.

edit

tried them on & they did shrink in the thigh area a bit.

Should i just get them tailored?

Last edited:
how the hell do i shrink a pair of nudies?
bought some dry broken twill slim jims today and they're a big too wide in the leg opening.
I took them to the wash
washed them in hot water
dried them on high heat
...didn't shrink. Lost a bit of indigo, though.
edit
tried them on & they did shrink in the thigh area a bit.
Should i just get them tailored?

yes. they are not going to shrink

Back
Top Bottom