*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

nice fit on the flatheads. i am either getting those or the samurai texas cotton regular fits after i get my taxes back. i have been wearing my black wesc's almost everyday for about 2 months and they haven't even started to fade. people aren't lying when they say black jeans are a #*%@% to fade.
laugh.gif
haha, you ain't lying, i feel the same way w/ my blacks, but its getting there
smile.gif
i started in sept. been in rotation with 2 other pairs, so itsslowly getting worked in.

I saw a pair of "Ed Hardys" at Ross for $50 bucks but I don't know if they're worth buying...
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by knightlovesqueen

i need those damn levi's w the back cinch but only see them from uk sellers. some shed light

Thats because Vintage Levis repros only drop in Europe and Japan....I believe the US only gets the wack 1947 repros..u might find these at some Levisstores.

Originally Posted by instant klassic

Originally Posted by LilJRDN

I saw a pair of "Ed Hardys" at Ross for $50 bucks but I don't know if they're worth buying...
nerd.gif

don't do it to yourself.

agreed....invest in something worth buying!

still lookin for a revolveclothing discount if anyone's got it, pm me!
pimp.gif

I asked this before, but I didn't get an answer:

How is the quality on Levi's Fenom jeans (specifically in comparison to brands such as sugarcane, samurai, etc)? Are they worth the price tag?

Also, is www.head-porter.org a legit retailer?

Levis Fenon is just like any jeans made in Japan. Its just collabed with another brand so it makes it more hype. And no they are not worth the price tag. Iwould much rather buy some samurais. i would get the s5000vx. Or some s710bk. Those are just the ones i like tho.

Ianev0

Thanks. I've liked a few pairs I've seen, but had a feeling they weren't worth it. I just picked up another pair of Sugarcanes so I probablyshouldn't be buying denim anyway.

Question:

Which denim do you prefer: Sugarcane, Samurai, Oni or Flat Head? Why?

Where do you all cop your Levi's?

Whenever i go out i only see the old worker levis..you know the ones your dad use to rock...i never see the denim an shrink to fit ones?

just buy what you like. you make the clothes. the clothes don't make the person, which you've heard over-and-over i'm sure. i'm doing prettywell with my regular gap, american eagle, and abercrombie purchases. those with some dunks and/or jordan's, is my style and i always get compliments.

if you want another suggestion, HURLEY has been putting out some quality stuff as well. i get the employee pricing (nike) so about average, lower-label statuscosts (60-100-plus) at retail won't burn a hole in your pockets.

spending 200-300 on jeans is overkill when you can buy something just as durable AND with a return policy
roll.gif
i remember seeing someone trying to return some product they bought at one ofthese expensive street label boutiques i was visiting. store credit only.

Originally Posted by jvhoop22

Ianev0

Thanks. I've liked a few pairs I've seen, but had a feeling they weren't worth it. I just picked up another pair of Sugarcanes so I probably shouldn't be buying denim anyway.

Question:

Which denim do you prefer: Sugarcane, Samurai, Oni or Flat Head? Why?

now i own nothing from any of those brands but i've read spent so much time on sufu, i think i can judge them a little without having owned any ofthem.

that said, currently i like flat head and sugarcane with samurai behind and oni last. if you've seen sidneylo's flat head 3001's, you'd seehow great they can look. but i don't know about the rest of the flat head line, but the 3001 just looks great. i wish i could pull those off but i'mtoo short for them lol.

sugarcanes are relatively cheap (in price) and offer many models except most are based off the levi 1947 cut. in general, canes are good quality and producenice fades. i'm really interested in the SC40401A Hawaii one-wash that are 50% cotton/50% sugarcane fibers with natural/synthetic indigo and they produce areal nice vertical fade. carl's hawaii's from sufu really sold me on this one.

samurais are heavier then canes and fh's, usually around 17 oz i believe. i'm not too big a fan of their fades, i like them but.... just too slubby.they are built like tanks and last forever though lol.

and as for oni's i really don't know too much about those.

if you're considering japanese denim, go to superfuture and read up on some stuff. you can buy them from selfedge in san francisco, and the owner kiyais on sufu as well if you'd like to ask him some questions, and blue in green in soho new york. or a cheaper option would be through a proxy service, thereare people on sufu who can do this so if you want, you could try that.

khadafi252,

You're definitely right about return policies. Many smaller stores/companies don't offer full returns. However, as far as quality is concerned brandslike gap, american eagle and abercrombie produce horrible quality denim, which is nowhere near the quality of some of the brands being mentioned in thisthread. I used to wear gap jeans (even the "premium" kind, I can't remember what they were called) and they would rip like it was nothing.

If anything, it makes much more sense dropping $300 on a pair of Sugarcanes, Flat Heads or Samurais than on a pair of Nike kicks. All of those jeans are ofgreat quality, while most of Nike's kicks have been pretty poor quality wise in the past 5-6 years. Don't get me wrong, I'm a sneakerhead first andforemost, but if your talking about spending your money on clothing or sneakers from a quality standpoint it makes more sense to buy a pair of theafformentioned jeans than a pair of kicks. And from a need-based standpoint, it doesn't make sense to drop $200-$300 (or even $100 for that matter) on anyarticle of clothing (outside of maybe a winter coat) or footwear.

People in this thread are in hear because they appreciate denim the way most people on this board appreciate kicks.

sangalang,

Thanks for the info, but I guess my question came across in the wrong way. I'm pretty knowledgable about denim (though not as knowledgable as some peopleon superfuture and in this thread). It was more of a experience/personal preference question. I own a couple pairs of Sugarcanes and have looked at/tried onOnis and Samurais before. For some reason, Flat Heads aren't on the east coast. I'm not sure why Blue in Green doesn't carry them, sincethey're the main Japanese clothing/denim spot in NYC. I personally prefer Sugarcane over Samurai and I can't really comment on Flat Head since Ihaven't seen a pair in person. Oni seems like they produce some pretty good quality denim and they have the 19 oz. Shaoi coming out, which look amazing,but I'm definitely not spending the $600 on them.

^oh i see. i was kind of trying to answer your question and give some info for others too lol.

either way, before summer i'll hope to have some SC Hawaii's or 1947's. i'd go for the fh 3001 but it probably would look weird on me, and ican't really try them on so the 1947 cut seems like it'd work for me since it's more full/straight.

sangalang,

If you want a fuller/straighter cut you might want to try the Edo Ais. It's a looser straight leg with a single back pocket (right side) and a cinch-back.The fading is supposed to be great (I haven't worn my pair enough to know from experience yet).

i think i'm determined to get the hawaii's or 1947's since canes are generally less slim than all the other companies anyways.

That Meridian Dark wash in the Hesher cut for Levi's Capital E is sick.

Originally Posted by RHYTHMentality

QUESTION(S):

How do you/what's the best way to stiffen denim?

Read through this thread, and read a couple of "cold soaks" and some suggestions to NOT use starch.

I also heard about a product called "Stiffy" that stiffens clothing... Yay/nay?

Another scenario:

How to stiffen denim that's DRY CLEAN ONLY?

I want to stiffen my jeans, after a few months of wear?

Could someone answer this please?

spending 200-300 on jeans is overkill when you can buy something just as durable
not really when you are buying 21oz Sams or SDAs or IHs that are constructed way better than gap or whatever.

Originally Posted by igotmorekicksthenyou

do LVC 47 501 stretch? should i buy true to size waist?

your screen name is spelled wrong, you lose. you meant 'than' not 'then'
smh.gif
got is used improperly too. you were looking for ihavemorekicksthanyou

LEVI's FTW ... can't go wrong. Always get few pairs of them when im back in HK or asia.

Back
Top Bottom