*| | Denim _ School | |*

Should I wash my jeans (i own 2 levis) or take them to the cleaners? Is there a difference? Which is best for my jeans?

Originally Posted by fingerollin

Originally Posted by igotmorekicksthenyou

do LVC 47 501 stretch? should i buy true to size waist?

your screen name is spelled wrong, you lose. you meant 'than' not 'then'
smh.gif
got is used improperly too. you were looking for ihavemorekicksthanyou

He just asked if LVC 47 501's stretched or not.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Pankeo,

When I was in Barcelona I went swimming in my APC new standards and also rubbed sand on them. Personally, I think it helped me get a nice fade so far. If yourgoing to do it my only recommendation is to wash your jeans afterwards.

Im not really educated on jeans, but I got some ACTIVE brand Churchill raw denim jeans for free. And Ive worn them 3-4 times a week for about 2 and a halfmonths and they are looking pretty nice. The "honeycombs" are already there and the fading isnt as nice, but its getting there. They retail for 54.99if anyone cares. Any feedback from the denim gurus?

your screen name is spelled wrong, you lose. you meant 'than' not 'then'
smh.gif
got is used improperly too. you were looking for ihavemorekicksthanyou
roll.gif
i guess you GOTA A+ in your english and grammEr class? goodjob kid.
heyson wrote:
yeah mine stretched about an inch and a half just an estimation
darn, couldn't help but buy my true size
mad.gif
. oh well illstill keep them. you got any pics? how long have you been wearing them?
thanks!

i just hot soaked a pair of stf's for 2 hours. the water was crystal clear and when i pulled them out look what i got.
eek.gif
laugh.gif

saz3ia.jpg

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

Going back to basics.

I love my 501 STFs.

After 4 months and 1 wash (machine wash, line dry)

733fwae.jpg

8f5bog7.jpg

Did you even wear those jeans out before you washed them? From the pictures it doesn't look like it at all. Those levis look extremely ugly afterwashing them. The colors are inconsistent and it looks like you crumpled the jeans up in a ball before wash.

Originally Posted by hai tu

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

Going back to basics.

I love my 501 STFs.

After 4 months and 1 wash (machine wash, line dry)

733fwae.jpg

8f5bog7.jpg

Did you even wear those jeans out before you washed them? From the pictures it doesn't look like it at all. Those levis look extremely ugly after washing them. The colors are inconsistent and it looks like you crumpled the jeans up in a ball before wash.

yea those look terrible. at least they're only STFs. you should really think about just getting another pair. i'd be pissed if i paid hundreds on adifferent pair and they came out like that. at least with STFs you can get them for cheap and start over. i strongly advise you to do that.

I'm sorry, i got lost skimping this thread, but what does soaking the denim do? just to shrink it? Reason cuz, i got a pair of Levi's 523 Square CutJeans i bought in Asia couple year ago..finally pulled them out to wear last year. I didn't pre-soak it or anything i just wore it straight for 6month...did a first wash and hang dry...didnt really notice any color fading but did notice the wrinkles more. Can anyone tell me the exact step by stepinstruction on how to do it right? Im kinda lost....
ohwell.gif

i just soaked mine to shrink them, i should have turned them inside out but i forgot. raw unwashed denim needs a soak, one wash and sanforised jeans are goodto wear right away.

i need some good school jeans. all black, preferably, for cheap and can be washed a lot.

should i go for the Levi preshrunk or STF 501's in terms of how long they last shrinkage/care all that

anybody got pics of what they both look like washed to death but more importantly the STF 501

thanks in advance

Here are a couple of pics of my APC new standards. My camera is terrible, but everyone can get an idea. I've worn them for about 2 times a week for a yearand a couple months. They've been hand washed twice. I think they are looking pretty good so far.

Originally Posted by jvhoop22

Ianev0

Thanks. I've liked a few pairs I've seen, but had a feeling they weren't worth it. I just picked up another pair of Sugarcanes so I probably shouldn't be buying denim anyway.

Question:

Which denim do you prefer: Sugarcane, Samurai, Oni or Flat Head? Why?

I prefer samurai. Because the quality of the denim is just superb. Don't get me wrong Flathead and Sugarcane are nice and stuff but you can'tcompare those to samurais. Sugar Cane is only special because they actually use sugar cane mixture in the jeans.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

Originally Posted by rawrblackcat

alien.gif
at the water and wherever you soaked it at.

laugh.gif
its just a basement man.

haha seriously, I thought that's what everyones basement looked like.

Anyone know anything about Gucci denim? I won a pair that I presume to be raw denim; I wasn't even that eager to win but I ended up getting a greatdeal. Just waiting for them to arrive and I'll post up some pictures.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

working on black NS's is a pain in the +%*

/vent

so thats three of us working on black jeans.

i worn my about 6 days a week since the last week of december and progress is minimal at best, but hopefully it will go quicker when i wear them to theindoor skatepark

I'm pretty sure black raws dont fade... with the exception of a specific samurai line... I've heard it multiple times of sufu and I've also neverseen a black raw fade... of course with the exception..

but good luck on that...

Back
Top Bottom