*| | Denim _ School | |*

Nordstrom rack has a good sale on nudies online, just grabbed a couple of pairs below $100 if anyone is interested, good sizes and fits and washes too

Last edited:
Had these Oni 512s for a week, love 'em, fit is perfect for me(big thighs, skinny leg) and the slub is bananas! Pick up a pair if you can off denimio!

Been cleaning my JE denim via dry clean. Somethings off tho they feel mad stiff and weird when I get them back. Might start hand washing them.

Been cleaning my JE denim via dry clean. Somethings off tho they feel mad stiff and weird when I get them back. Might start hand washing them.

Is je denim raw? You aren't supposed to dry clean raws. The chemicals break down the denim. If they aren't raws it probably won't matter as much.

Is je denim raw? You aren't supposed to dry clean raws. The chemicals break down the denim. If they aren't raws it probably won't matter as much.

Lol damn this explains a lot. Only dry cleaned them twice but I started feeling a difference comfort wise. Will start hand washing

Never clean denim.
Even if it's dry cleaning

If they're dirty, clean them. I have a 4 year old pair of RRL's, they've only been washed once but I think them being washed and having the jeans soften up a little bit has helped
In more whiskers forming.

Yeah, Oni has some interesting fades. I'm not into the whole intense slub/vertical falling fades. Oni olzr's are nice though and I haven't seen any faded pics. Maybe try looking at Real Japan Blues/flathead fades?

Interesting, all of the JE denim listed on their site is supposed to be dry cleaned. The only pair that doesn't have a "care" description is the coast model. Which is the pair I have. Wonder why? I'll look at my pair when I get home but that's weird.

Last edited:
Stopped by a NR while out of town.

Found some ugly BBC denim ($?) in the clearance section.

While walking out, I stumbled on a pair of Kent and Curwen Selvedge jeans for $50 (retail - $295) in my size. I found very little information on them, but they seem nice. Quality seems really good.

Maybe too specific of a question... anyone have recommendations on denim for a competitive bodybuilder? My waist measures to about a 30 but my thigh circumference is probably about a 27-28 each. I can fit into a 33 or 34 inch waist relaxed leg or bootleg denim and have them still be exceptionally tight around the thigh area but with tons of room to spare in the waist. Tried on 33 and 34 of all the standards, APC, Nudie, etc and can barely pull them up above my knee but would have plenty of room in the waist if they could theoretically get that high. I would rather not wear denim than wear NT Denim so is my best bet tailoring?

@geekforsneaks Yea man, those measurements are too wild for any designer to accommodate.

You could get jeans tailored but they still wont fit right to tell you the truth.

Tailoring the top block isnt easy and will cause the jeans to stretch awkwardly and not fit right.

Honestly I would suggest getting custom jeans if you can afford it.

They would last a few years and will feel better than all other options.

Last edited:
Levi's is killing me. Ordered all those pants when they had the sale and even though they're all the same model the sizing was unbelieveably inconsistent 
sick.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom