*| | Denim _ School | |*

Does anyone lose their stacks as they were their jeans? When i tried on my acnes they stacked great but just after wearing 2-3 times the stacks are basically gone, same thing happened on PNS after a few wears.  

My guess is as i put jeans/take them off im stretching the leg opening a little bit, but just curious if others have had similar experiences. 

Question.

I havent washed my NF in almost two years, I've done the freezing method.

It was pouring like crazy in NY, and so this is like the first time you can say I washed it.

I just hung it up but any other suggestions? its soaked.

Eventually the starch in/on the jeans in the stacking area will go away. It took months for my stacks to droop. If your jeans are tight, taking them off using your feet could **** the stacks up or it could also be humidity/sweat.

Martian, just wash them. Getting caught in the rain is more of a soak, lol. Freezer method doesn't work as your freezer doesn't get to a low enough temperature to kill all of the bacteria. Your jeans might have a funkier smell after being soaked in the rain.

Eventually the starch in/on the jeans in the stacking area will go away. It took months for my stacks to droop. If your jeans are tight, taking them off using your feet could **** the stacks up or it could also be humidity/sweat.

Martian, just wash them. Getting caught in the rain is more of a soak, lol. Freezer method doesn't work as your freezer doesn't get to a low enough temperature to kill all of the bacteria. Your jeans might have a funkier smell after being soaked in the rain.

Thanks. I've been wanfing go wash it for a while now because I could start smelling it.

Realistically, what price should I be paying for jean alterations/tailoring? I remember I went to Nordstrom Rack and the lady said to taper it, it would be $7 each leg. Looked at their prices today and got this

I'm currently looking up alteration/tailor shops in my area and I'm gonna go in to one later today - get sized up and see what the prices are.

^ Highest I've seen was $15 to taper a pair (both legs) and $10 for hemming.

If you're tapering selvedge denim, remember to get it tapered from the inseam.

Realistically, what price should I be paying for jean alterations/tailoring? I remember I went to Nordstrom Rack and the lady said to taper it, it would be $7 each leg. Looked at their prices today and got this

I'm currently looking up alteration/tailor shops in my area and I'm gonna go in to one later today - get sized up and see what the prices are.
i pay 12$ for tailoring from the outside, 15$ from the inside, and 8$ for hemming 

where are you guys located? :nerd:

I'm paying $30 for tailoring from the inseam. He's done good work for me so I keep going back

^ Damn, $30 for just tapering the inseam is double the $15 market rate, but if he does it well each time, no worries.

Last edited:
yeah, by no means cheap, but then again everything is expensive in SF :frown:

where are you guys located? :nerd:

I'm paying $30 for tailoring from the inseam. He's done good work for me so I keep going back

I live outside NYC. Went to a tailor close to me didn't like her work, got a recommendation from a friend of a tailor in the city and I go there, really cool ppl and I like there work and price

Anyone own acne - thin fit , how's the fit ? TTS or size down ? Looking at stay cash vintage pair or the selvedge

I took my denim to the tailor to get my leg opening down to a 5.5". Shorty told me that'd be too small so we agreed on 5.75". Dawg. I busted through the seam on the right leg yesterday trying to get these joints on  
roll.gif
. The stack is nice once they're on but it's way too much work. Prolly go back and take it up to a 6" when I get the chance. I don't see how people get anything smaller but I guess it depends on your foot's shape. 

Last edited:
Yeah, anything under a 6 or 6.5 leg opening seems like they'll hug your ankle like jogger pants.

R
I took my denim to the tailor to get my leg opening down to a 5.5". Shorty told me that'd be too small so we agreed on 5.75". Dawg. I busted through the seam on the right leg yesterday trying to get these joints on  :rofl: . The stack is nice once they're on but it's way too much work. Prolly go back and take it up to a 6" when I get the chance. I don't see how people get anything smaller but I guess it depends on your foot's shape. 

Damn I think I did 6.25 or 6.5 on my my apc and there just about perfect could not imagine smaller than that lol

Ordered my acne thin stay cash , 34, see how the fit when they come in , if needed will exchange for a 33

I really hate that Acne doesn't make a 30 inseam

My pair of Max's fit so weird for me at the ankle 
mean.gif

Need a new pair of light denim, might have to roll with those APC's that Stillin got a few pages back

EDIT: Found a pair of Indigo PNS, I wear a 29/30 in most denim, should I get a 28 in APC?
Why does the Max's fit weird?

Looking for info on the fit and sizing on Acne Max/Slim fit.   I bought some Ace TTS/Size 29 and they are way too tight, couldn't even put them on.

APC PNS, i sized down because I like the looser fit.  Normally size 29 in all other jeans/pants.  

Not sure if I should choose size 29 in Acne Max or size down.

Last edited:
I really hate that Acne doesn't make a 30 inseam

My pair of Max's fit so weird for me at the ankle :smh:

Need a new pair of light denim, might have to roll with those APC's that Stillin got a few pages back

EDIT: Found a pair of Indigo PNS, I wear a 29/30 in most denim, should I get a 28 in APC?

A lot of brands don't make 30 inseam. Its either 32 and/or 34. Just get them tapered and hemmed.

Why does the Max's fit weird?

Looking for info on the fit and sizing on Acne Max/Slim fit.   I bought some Ace TTS/Size 29 and they are way too tight, couldn't even put them on.

APC PNS, i sized down because I like the looser fit.  Normally size 29 in all other jeans/pants.  

Not sure if I should choose size 29 in Acne Max or size down.

I had the same problem with Ace a couple years back. Just go TTS in Acne Max, but you could try to size down and return the pair you don't like.

Back
Top Bottom