*| | Denim _ School | |*

I always thought only raw denim can get faded, ect...

i guess not.

levi - 4 month - no soak

2znnwv7.jpg

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

^ Anything will fade if you wash it enough. Jeans look way too small, size down on the shirt or size up on the jeans.

wait,

so if you wash apc will the fading/honey comb process speed up?

I have a bunch of 501's and I wanted to buy some raw lrg true straights, how do they fit differently. Which is better when it comes to raw denim. Idon't have much money to spend.

^ I read on the Denim topic on ISS frequently (and before anyone knocks on ISS, the Denim topic is actually pretty informative and mature for the most part,Kiya is a regular on that topic and he works at Self Edge in Cali), from what ive read you are suppose to wash your APC jeans after getting the honeycombs youwant. Im not quite sure though.

Originally Posted by Otis Dont Play That

I have a bunch of 501's and I wanted to buy some raw lrg true straights, how do they fit differently. Which is better when it comes to raw denim. I don't have much money to spend.
LRG fits huge, unless they changed the fits of their jeans.

Stick to Levi's 501 STF.

Originally Posted by courtking01

How does the WeSC Marwin jean fit?? Would they be loose and stack on my shoes??

Regular fit, tapered.

Depends on if you size down or not, if you stay true to size, it will fit you fine, not tight not baggy. Stacking depends on what the length of the jeans areand how tall you are, but for the most part yeah it will stack since its tapered.

question for experts.

some dark/black denim has that very distinct unpleasant smell when they are brand new. it's kinda like a sulfuric smell that comes from the dye i suppose.any idea on how to get it out?

i've googled and some say washing them makes it worse, some say rinse in vinegar and wash after but that kills the feel of the denim.

anyone know of a method that won't destroy my stuff? i want to wear them, but the smell isn't a good look.

Originally Posted by Murkn3m

anyone know a good online store to get some good decent priced jeans? levis and others because i like levis but want to try something else

Levis- elmercadoonline.com

self edge
contex clothing
denimbar
revolve clothing

wait,

so if you wash apc will the fading/honey comb process speed up?
NO wear for 6-7 months them wash.

I have a bunch of 501's and I wanted to buy some raw lrg true straights, how do they fit differently. Which is better when it comes to raw denim. I don't have much money to spend.
Lrg raw denim is
sick.gif
and the fit is
sick.gif
sick.gif
Levis is better but thats not saying much. Other brands you may look into for around the same price wesc, threesixteen and obey.

30-60
Try H&M and Gap
anyone know of a method that won't destroy my stuff? i want to wear them, but the smell isn't a good look.
Either put them in the frezzer for a few hours. If the smell is as bad as you say to should just buy some Febreze and you should be good

Originally Posted by jae oh en

question for experts.

some dark/black denim has that very distinct unpleasant smell when they are brand new. it's kinda like a sulfuric smell that comes from the dye i suppose. any idea on how to get it out?

i've googled and some say washing them makes it worse, some say rinse in vinegar and wash after but that kills the feel of the denim.

try the freezer or febreeze if that doesnt work ...dont wash but just let them soak in a bucket of warm water for a day or so then hangdry...might do the trick depending..dont know how strong that smell is

NorthPark- Levis take a while to fade, they also use a lot of dye. Before you wash them, soak them if you havent.

I would stay away from street wear brands when it comes to denim, if you are looking for fades and etc. 3sixteen is legit though. I heard WeSC denim takeslonger than 501's to fade.

The 6 months washing rule, is a rule of the thumb. It comes down to personal preference....people have gone a month to a year or so w/o washing..

I'm only on my second pair of dry denim (Nudie Bootcut Barry), but I'm already beginning to hate breaking in a pair of new jeans.
sick.gif

They look damn good though. The stacking isn't as dramatic as I thought it would be wearing a 31x36.

Originally Posted by Redrum SB

I seen some N&F weird guy's at a Nordstrom Rack for $60.
Is that I decent price? and does Nordstrom offer tailoring?

crap..i just got some for 110...CAD tho.... i dont know much about jeans....but i like wierd guys fit...also tried on some thin fin nudies.....might grab thosesoon..... does anyone know if of apc's i can look at with these types of fits??? or any other brands i should look into aswell??? i wanna get a couple goodpairs of jeans and just rock them for like 2-3 years and not to worry about jeans anymore...lol

Originally Posted by jae oh en

question for experts.

some dark/black denim has that very distinct unpleasant smell when they are brand new. it's kinda like a sulfuric smell that comes from the dye i suppose. any idea on how to get it out?

put the pants in a bag with a box of baking soda in the freezer. ive also heard misting them with febreeze before you freeze them.

Back
Top Bottom