*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by CoolGrayMemo

So I took my jeans to get hemmed a few days ago.

They were 36 and I asked for a 34 [I'm usually a 32-33 but, wanted a 34 for a little stacking]. When I picked them up, I compared them to other jeans and they hemmed them at a 31. So if I cuff them, they almost look like high-waters. There is no stacking at all now.

mad.gif
If you bring them in and tell them how they messed up they should give you your money back. If not that's bad business.

I need a Levis denim vest.

Been wanting one for awhile but I haven't been lucky enough tfind one on the site.

Can anybody direct me to wear I can find one (online)?!.

Our New Union Special 43200G - Literally "New"

If there is one machine in the current world of vintage style jeans that has the mystique of a fairly tale it's the Union Special 43200G chainstitching machine.

This is the machine the Japanese first scoured the world for starting in the 1980's, they wanted them to place in their factories which reproduced vintage styles of American jeans from the 1950's and before. It was a good twenty years until the rest of the world realized what was happening in Japan, by that time most of the 43200G machines had been bought up by the Japanese factories, brands, and retailers to put in their stores for in-store hemming. 

When we opened Self Edge San Francisco five years ago it took us a good six months to find a chainstitching machine that worked properly and wasn't missing essential parts. Two years ago Self Edge New York went through an even harder time finding one of these machines, the story continued a year ago with Self Edge Los Angeles' quest for a machine. 

Now all three of our stores have these machines for in-house hemming services. Needless to say these machines are becoming extremely difficult to find and when found the prices they're demanding are high for a retail store to pay, especially in the condition they're coming in. Recently on eBay a 43200G machine sold for $5000 that looked like as if it had been dropped off a cliff, machines in this shape will never work properly for long and will need constant service to keep them hemming in the way they were intended to.

We have just acquired what we feel to be one of the rarest Union Special 43200G machines in existence, a new one. One that has never been used and still has the sample piece of denim hanging out of it's teeth which they test the machine at the factory with before strapping it into a small crate. We went back and forth on whether or not we should be spending a small fortune on a machine that would essentially be redundant considering we already have enough chainstitching machines for our stores. We couldn't resist and honestly bought it purely for the reason of wanting to fondle the thing in person, photos weren't enough. We wanted to hear it's purr as it ripped through hems faster and smoother than any other machine we've seen. 

This machine will be assembled with a custom table built by http:///www.roydenim.com/"" rel="nofollow">Roy Slaper and will be used on daily basis to hem your jeans at Self Edge San Francisco by http:///www.juliandash.com/"" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Julian Dash of Holy Stitch, SESF's hemming and repair division.

This is otaku at it's finest.

Question about shrinking apc jeans

Ive been wearing mine off and on for about 5-6 months and now they are to baggy for me, so im wonder how to shrink them? Also if i wash them now will they fade? right now i find them to be to dark. 

Originally Posted by SneakerHeadTrini1

And here are my nudies in the freezer to get some stink outta them, tried leaving them in the sun but saw some kid looking like he was about to snatch em.

indifferent.gif

just bought my first pair of "nice" jeans. got a pair of Iron Heart's. any thoughts on these?

ive looked through the thread but didnt see to much

Self Edge x Iron Heart = SEXIHXINDO16 - Forever Two Wheels

The new SEXIHXINDO16 jean is a collaboration between Self Edge and Iron Heart with a nod to our Indonesian clients. There is a strong denim and vintage loving community in Indonesia and we wanted to make a jean for them with one of their favorite brands. Everything from the fabric to the fit to the leather patch was made with the Indonesia community in mind. 

We're proud to have a reach that far around the world and this is our way of recognizing their dedication to vintage style American garments.

The fabric is a heavyweight unsanforized denim which is exclusive to Self Edge and was developed for us for the SEXIH07 jean. It was the first time Iron Heart had done an unsanforized denim, it ages with extreme contrast and great character that rivals the best Japanese denim available today. With a silhouette that we designed to fit every body type we've decided to do these in a wide range of sizes due to it's extremely versatile fit.

THE SEXIHXINDO16 JEAN WILL GO ON SALE AT NOON (LOCAL TIME) AT ALL SELF EDGE STORES ON SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 24TH. THEY WILL GO ON SALE IN THE ONLINE STORE AT 10AM (PDT) THE SAME DAY.

Check the online store for a full spec list, measurements, shrinking info, and more:

http://www.selfedge.com/s...h=71&products_id=764

trying to order some a.p.c new standard's from their online store, what is the default inseam on these? or how do i change them?

Originally Posted by jongjong24

trying to order some a.p.c new standard's from their online store, what is the default inseam on these? or how do i change them?
inseam is 34, although I believe some very small sizes might be 32 (not 100% on that though).

And if you want it shorter, you have to go to a tailor and ask them to hem x inches.

Haven't been in here for a min...I'll update my evo's on my IH-634S' and SEXIHO7BK's, and as of my IHSH-53, a tad evo startin', but not much:

Some IH fits......

IHS-18, SEXIHO7BK, IHB-01 (Tan SE COLLAB, no vis), IM-URA-M (no vis), IH-WL (no vis).

IHC-06, IHT, SEXIH07BK, IHB-01 (Black, no vis), IM-URA-M (no vis), IH-WL (somewhat vis).

IHC-06, IHSH-42, 634S, IHB-01 (Tan SE COLLAB, no vis), IM-URA-M (no vis), IH-WL (no vis).

IHS-19, 634S, IHB-01 (Tan SE COLLAB, no vis), IM-URA-M (no vis), IH-WL (somewhat vis).

IHC-06, IHF-SP.

IH-702, IHB-01 (Black, no vis)

Cris.

So my friend drew on my jeans this past week. We were in class and she decided she needed a new drawing pad. I have a 1"x1" indigo square on my jeans.
Any way to clean it off without having to soak/wash my jeans?

Thanks.

Anybody know where i can find some naked & famous weird guys or slim guys in a 36 or 38.....they are non-existent online it seems

Well, the Ralph Lauren coupon expired 
laugh.gif
(Also wondering how the quality of RRL selvedge is anyhow?)
But anyways, besides from that, I need some new jeans. I prefer dark indigo, so I suppose raw?
Any brands I should look into?
I have a pair of APC, and I like the clean back pocket, little to no design. Any other brands like that? (Also I prefer button fly. Too used to it now.)

These are some names that I have down
APC
3sixteen
Sugarcane
Dry Bones

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

Well, the Ralph Lauren coupon expired 
laugh.gif
(Also wondering how the quality of RRL selvedge is anyhow?)
But anyways, besides from that, I need some new jeans. I prefer dark indigo, so I suppose raw?
Any brands I should look into?
I have a pair of APC, and I like the clean back pocket, little to no design. Any other brands like that? (Also I prefer button fly. Too used to it now.)

These are some names that I have down
APC
3sixteen
Sugarcane
Dry Bones
what's your budget?  i know there's a ton of low key denim, may i suggest KMW onto that list?  acne too

bigsteeg wrote:
Anybody know where i can find some naked & famous weird guys or slim guys in a 36 or 38.....they are non-existent online it seems

http://www.barneys.com/De...d%20%26%20Famous%20Denim

they have a ton of weird guys in your size, it seems like most of the other online denim spots stopped carrying naked & famous, weird.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]crisuno[/color] - you came THROUGHHH, homie
eek.gif
   i knew you always held AM's down, but denim too??

Back
Top Bottom