*| | Denim _ School | |*

Just got a quick question. I bought a pair of Uniqlo selvage jeans and the leg fits fine but the waist is quite big is there any way of just shrinking thewaist and not the leg?

^ if they're raw denim only thing I can think of hot- soaking the waist and not the legs. however that could potentially make the color not match the lowerpart of the denim.

Originally Posted by hamez3

how did you get holes in your jeans after 60 wears?
The ones on the bottom are from where they were cuffed
I have one clue on how the inseams got holes in them

even stevens are paper thin anyways.

Wow, ive never been in this thread but there are nice jeans out there.

But i gotta question, I've been looking for colored jeans for a while (i.e. green, red, purple), can someone recommend me a brand that carries a lot ofcolored denim?

Originally Posted by Slaptastic

Wow, ive never been in this thread but there are nice jeans out there.

But i gotta question, I've been looking for colored jeans for a while (i.e. green, red, purple), can someone recommend me a brand that carries a lot of colored denim?
ask lucky luciano or your nearest hipsters cafe.

what have your guy's experiences been with average joe dry heavy?

can you recommend me some cheap selvage?
and where can i buy it?

also, should i soak them once i get em? for how long?

Originally Posted by 916shoehead

what have your guy's experiences been with average joe dry heavy?

can you recommend me some cheap selvage?
and where can i buy it?

also, should i soak them once i get em? for how long?

My first of raw denim. I like them and they've gradually become really comfortable. Barely 40 wears in or so = haven't washed them and/or nosignificant fading/tearing.

Originally Posted by HARMCITY45

All raw denim selvedge or not, cheap or expensive will bleed blue dye...

It's gonna happen

Will a cold soak for an hour get rid of some of the excess dye? What's the best way to get rid of some of the dye without losing its color ?

Originally Posted by instant klassic

Originally Posted by N1K3B4LLER

what do you guys think about boot cut jeans?
Gross and look like flares. At least go with straight fit.
nudie regular ralf's aren't that bad but like instant said, go with straight fit

I'm a few months in on my second pair of LV jeans. Compared to all the other brands I've had raw denim jeans from over the years (Nudie, True Religion,Antik, and Evisu), these have bled the least. They're dark navy, but haven't destroyed any of my shoes. They also don't stretch out very much atall. I have a pair of D&G's that were way too tight when I bought them and now they've stretched out to be way too big.

If you can tolerate the +$400 price tag, I'd highly recommend trying LV raw denim. I'll post pics of my progress with them latertoday.

Real Japan Blues Jeans - The 106BSP & 105BSP

Hailing from Nagano, Japan.. Real Japan Blues is known for their psychotic ways of producing even the simplest of garments. They take everything from westernshirts to five pocket jeans and create them in an entirely new way using fabrics that impress even the most seasoned garment junkie.

Two new models from RJB are being released this weekend in limited numbers, at this point RJB is not sure as to whether or not these will be reproduced oncethis run is gone.

The 106BSP is a slim fit jean with a straight leg and the 105BSP has a mid-rise and a straight leg. We're quite into the cuts because we feel there is agap in the Japanese denim market for jeans that aren't exactly reproductions but have a heavy nod to the Rockabilly days of the late 1950's, jeans thatmake you look like you're Marlon Brando or James Dean but aren't really the cuts they were wearing fifty years ago. A combination of the denim, legsilhouettes, tags, and knife pocket.. We see a badass from the 50's that wreaks havoc on civilians with his motorcycle gang, and we love it.

The denim on these is a new denim which has impressed us here to say the least. It's similar to Flat Head's 3XXX denim in terms of how hairy it becomesafter the first soak but has a deeper indigo color straight off. The dye method yields an extremely high contrast fade which we'd only seen this intensebefore on Flat Head's denim, yet it's quite different considering it's pure indigo and the cotton is from Zimbabwe.

Spec list for both the 106BSP and 105BSP:
13.75oz Rope Dyed Japanese Selvedge Unsanforized Denim
Zimbabwe Cotton Fiber Denim
Double Length Knife Pocket (Coin Pocket)
Hidden Rivets
Black Dyed Cowhide Leather Tag
Red RJB Embroidered Logo
Copper RJB Rivets

Modeled by Cesar Ramos of Mission Hill Saloon and shot by Sidney Lo.

Both the 105BSP & the 106BSP will be released at Self Edge on December 20th at Noon and at the same time via our online store. 100 pairs of each model wereproduced by RJB. Check the online store for more hi-res photos, specs, and pricing:

http://www.selfedge.com/s...fd857801cfba03daa13cf90de

Real Japan Blues 106BSP
rjb_106_01_web-707545.jpg

rjb_106_02_web-783562.jpg

Real Japan Blues 105BSP
rjb_105_01_web-783488.jpg

rjb_105_02_web-761083.jpg

rjb_105_03_web-761014.jpg

rjb_105_04_web-705002.jpg

rjb_105_05_web-704928.jpg

rjb_105_06_web-706057.jpg

rjb_105_07_web-705972.jpg

Photos of RJB's Denim from a forthcoming Lightning Magazine Issue (worn for 10 months, washed twice):

most of this thread seems to be aimed at raw denim.

what quality jeans do yall suggest that are not raw but still look nice/ have that effect?

Been reading this through the post and i have been convinced to delve into some new denim,

whats the difference between "dry selvedge" and "raw organic" or "inorganic" and "organic" for that matter.

Thanks in advance.

anyone know anything about academi jeans? a store near me was having a closeout sale, i basically got them for about 75% off.

they have lots of pairs size 28 if anyone is interested. they have a few different washes. PM me if you want a pair, i dunno how long they'll last.

Back
Top Bottom