*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by AQPHAME

Originally Posted by Shaze804

sick prps. pissed i had to sell mine

thanks

anybody can tell me which APC's fit the best? like i dont want it baggy and i dont like the leg openings to be big either...and for those who own a pair of APC, how bad do they stretch? cuz my Nudie RRDS stretched out too much and way too baggy now lol.

NS are like 501 fit supposedly. NC for skinny twig-like shape. Rescue, want some breathing. Petit Standard just came out, slightly in between the NS and NC.
True waist is like 32-33about.
31. Sag'd eventually to point where you NEED a belt and its gonna fall off without it.
30. Ditto'd, but sag was OD too, but my stretching was accelerated with cycling during the summer. Will be washing it for the first time tonight.
29. Thighs hurt. Slightly second skin for a little while. Began 12/03, daily. Work 70+hours a week. Mostly sitting and walking. Fits comfortably without havingto adjust almost.

For the price, probably best raw selvedge denim to experiment and try. Size down minimum 2 if you don't believe me or anyone else they will stretch. Sizedown 3 for slimmer. If you want shiny dark indigo looking jeans and you dgaf, gap morrisson or goghs, and levi's at urban outfitters or levis.com 75% offsale at the moment.

nice skulls rky mdna, seen this? http://www.tech5010xx.blogspot.com/ another skulls sample

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

2lbjfwy.jpg

2ia4ua9.jpg

l to r : 6 months Good Society, 0 day Naked & Famous', Almost 2 yr Blue Bloods, 1 yr Neighborhoods, 4 month Kicking mules

More pics of the Blue Bloods since they are the most interesting. Worn loose before I wised up and started wearing something closer to my true size. Anyone else like Good Society?
I've been wanting to try out Naked & Famous but how are Good Society?
Niceeee. I've been trying to get a hold of some Good Societies forever but every time I would swing through the denim shop in my area, theysaid it was either at their other location or would be getting in shipments in January (even though it is January right now). I'm the type that has to trysomething on before I get it (not going to order them online) but hopefully I can find them somewhere and try them on.

Anyone got any idea where I can get some larger sizes in some "premium" denim????

I wear a 38 or 40 depending on the brand...but I cant seem to find any sizes lately.....I have gotten Chip and Pepper, Rock Republics, True Religion and sevensin the past....any websites that carry bigger sizes??? I am not only looking for salvage.....and wou

thanks in advance....

Originally Posted by 916shoehead

for those of you who own a pair of average joe dry heavy,
on the right rear pocket, does it say "Nudies" or Nudie Jeans Co?"

mine says "Nudie Jeans Co," all the ones i've seen just say "Nudies"

I'm not questioning the authenticity of them, based on the fact i bought the from selfedge.com,
but i was just wondering if mine is the only one with that oddity.

Mine say "Nudie" only and Nudie Jeans Co on the inside. I got them from Self Edge as well. You might have received another style or theymight've started producing them differently. I would browse or ask on mynudies.com - good info.

Although there are pictures on that site of the Dry Heavy with "Nudie Jeans Co" on the back pocket.

does anybody ever get their denim tailored? because it seems most of the selvage come in lengths that are too long for me. im just wondering if anybody has any
experience with this?

Originally Posted by DublBagn

Anyone got any idea where I can get some larger sizes in some "premium" denim????

I wear a 38 or 40 depending on the brand...but I cant seem to find any sizes lately.....I have gotten Chip and Pepper, Rock Republics, True Religion and sevens in the past....any websites that carry bigger sizes??? I am not only looking for salvage.....and wou

thanks in advance....

Same here ... DOES ANYONE HAVE or KNOW ANY GOOD SITES to get some nice denims from ????? Please HELP . More so on the Rock and Repulics and SEVEN side .

Originally Posted by yep617

does anybody ever get their denim tailored? because it seems most of the selvage come in lengths that are too long for me. im just wondering if anybody has any
experience with this?
There are many inseams that come in 34 but yes you can get them hemmed.

Originally Posted by RICO7JT

Originally Posted by DublBagn

I wear a 38 or 40 depending on the brand...but I cant seem to find any sizes lately.....I have gotten Chip and Pepper, Rock Republics, True Religion and sevens in the past....any websites that carry bigger sizes??? I am not only looking for salvage.....and wou

thanks in advance....

Same here ... DOES ANYONE HAVE or KNOW ANY GOOD SITES to get some nice denims from ????? Please HELP . More so on the Rock and Repulics and SEVEN side .

www.Barneys.com
/www.neimanmarcus.com
denimbaronline.com
www.tobi.com

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

2lbjfwy.jpg

2ia4ua9.jpg

l to r : 6 months Good Society, 0 day Naked & Famous', Almost 2 yr Blue Bloods, 1 yr Neighborhoods, 4 month Kicking mules

More pics of the Blue Bloods since they are the most interesting. Worn loose before I wised up and started wearing something closer to my true size. Anyone else like Good Society?
I've been wanting to try out Naked & Famous but how are Good Society?
Niceeee. I've been trying to get a hold of some Good Societies forever but every time I would swing through the denim shop in my area, they said it was either at their other location or would be getting in shipments in January (even though it is January right now). I'm the type that has to try something on before I get it (not going to order them online) but hopefully I can find them somewhere and try them on.

They're great jeans. Hopefully your store will get them in soon.

ive gone through prps, nudies and APC NS....best for me has been Christian Dior MIJ 19cm...still need to try some APC NC

Picked up a pair of William Rast a few weeks ago from Saks, regularly $220, on clearance for $76. They run a little large around the waste, true to sizethrough legs, comfortable though.

I need a little help getting a good fit in a nice pair of raw denim jeans to wear for a good amount of time... I'm 6'4" 220 and a size 38 waist. The largest I see in APC and Nudie are 38's and from what I understand, you have to soak them and srink them to fit, right? Can someone reccomend me agood brand or model of jeans to get from a good company please? I'm not looking to spend more than $200 for my first pair. Thanks.

Here's my pair of APC New Standards. They're a size 29. At the time of purchase, I was a true waist size 32. Needless to say, the first week was hell
laugh.gif
. I had to sleep in them to stretch them out for four nights before I could button them all the way to the top. Once I got the initial stretching out ofthe way, it's been smooth sailing since. I'd say they've stretched out to a true 31 and I've also slimmed down to around a true waist of 30-31.They're actually a bit loose in certain areas of the jeans (such as the knees.)

10 months of infrequent wear and no wash. I have a couple other pairs of jeans so I didn't wear this pair all the time. There were some stretches where Ididn't wear this at all due to the weather being too hot. I'd say the condition is more reflective of a pair at 5 months of regular wear. There'sfading around the hips where there was the most stretching. Also fading on the pocket I keep my wallet in. Honeycombing around the knees with very minorfading. Didn't use any starch.

3214239143_a780c27691_b.jpg
3214238553_1918ce07cb_b.jpg

Did a cold soak with Woolite Black and here are some pics from about a month after soak. Sorry about the pics. Don't have any direct shots of them yet. Atthis point, the jeans are a bit lighter in color all around plus a lot softer in texture. Fading has increased basically everywhere, most noticeably around thehips and the wallet pocket (again, sorry about the pics, or lack thereof). There's also fading around the cuffs too (trust me
laugh.gif
).

3205646477_52db85258a_b.jpg

3205651247_a5dd87b8b4_b.jpg

I bought some Prada classic fit dry denim..

The best fitting jeans...until it hits the knee.
I notice the structure is designed normall and then when it tapers down to the knee its COMPLETELY straight legged and unfortunately about an inch too wide. Itlooks and feels ridiculous with sneakers.
should i bite the bullet and have them narrowed? I can't seeing it making any negative impact?

experience with this?
My mom does alterations, and I recommend you ask for an " Original Hem". It keeps the jeans looking like you got it out the store. Butif you get a Regular Hem then they will use the same thread but you lose the original look. "Original Hem." = $25 "Regular Hem" =$10

Originally Posted by FromThaTown

experience with this?
My mom does alterations, and I recommend you ask for an " Original Hem". It keeps the jeans looking like you got it out the store. But if you get a Regular Hem then they will use the same thread but you lose the original look. "Original Hem." = $25 "Regular Hem" = $10
hmmm you lean some thing new everyday

AJDH @ 60 wears or so. The whiskers aren't as defined as the honeycombs but hopefully they'll come along with more wear.

i got a pair of Nudies RRDS that streched out wayy too much. they was tight when i first got them and now they are baggy. Any way to shrink them withoutloosing the color?

^ if I soak them will they loose a lot of color? I'm not trying to wash em or anything...but I realy need them to shrink because they are baggy now, howlong do I soak em for and in hot or cold water?

Originally Posted by AQPHAME

^ if I soak them will they loose a lot of color? I'm not trying to wash em or anything...but I realy need them to shrink because they are baggy now, how long do I soak em for and in hot or cold water?
If you soak, they'll lose color, but they'll also shrink. Sucks in your situation because a cold soak wouldn't lose as much color butit won't shrink as much as a hot soak, which will lose a lot of indigo. Catch 22
ohwell.gif

Anybody know if they sell A.P.C anywhere in Vegas? I'll be there for Magic, want to grab a pair when I can actually try them on.

Back
Top Bottom