Derrick Rose or Chris Paul? Who do you take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I feel even if CP3 was healthy, Rose would still be better.
ekoltx.gif

Even unhealthy, Paul is the far superior basketball player. Rose does NOTHING better than Chris Paul does.

Doesn't score better, though he scores more because his usage rate and shot attempts are absurd for a PG. Paul is close to having an incredible 50, 40, 90 season. (50% fg, 40% 3, and 90% FT)
Doesn't run an offense better. (see assist to turnover rate, o rating, o win shares, lower usage rate)
Doesn't play defense better. (see massive steal difference, d rating, d win shares, eye test, rebound rate)

These are facts. Everything else is arbitrary and pretend NT scouting. AKA bull +@@%

Even unhealthy, Paul is the far superior basketball player. Rose does NOTHING better than Chris Paul does.

Doesn't score better, though he scores more because his usage rate and shot attempts are absurd for a PG. Paul is close to having an incredible 50, 40, 90 season. (50% fg, 40% 3, and 90% FT)
Doesn't run an offense better. (see assist to turnover rate, o rating, o win shares, lower usage rate)
Doesn't play defense better. (see massive steal difference, d rating, d win shares, eye test, rebound rate)

These are facts. Everything else is arbitrary and pretend NT scouting. AKA bull +@@%

so Rose atleast doesn't finish at the hoop better than CP3? He doesn't draw more double teams..? Are you kidding me..

I know Rose has more turnovers but that is because the ball is always in his hands..If you watch the Bulls play you will notice they really don't have anyone else that can push the ball up ...All their other guards cannot dribble..none of them...So of course his turnovers are going to be high..he always has the ball...There is only one good Guard on the Bulls:Rose..........Watson, Korver, Brewer, Boggins all suck...(Korver has a shot, but he has no moves, can't really get it off too much)..If Paul plays better defense it's no so much better that you can say that it's not close..Rose rebounds better than Paul..(I think he's 2nd in the league after Westbrook)..and he also blocks more shots than Paul...What do you mean he doesn't run a better offense..Are you just saying that by how their games look? Yes, Paul plays more like a traditional PG, but Rose's game is nastier..Rose draws more attention, and if Rose had better scorers on his team, his assist would be higher ..(they are getting up there now because Boozer is back)..The thing is..Rose can win you a game by Himself..seriously...I don't think Paul can do that....oh! but PGs aren't suppose to do that, they are the ones that distribute and plan..well let me say this if Paul is a better "PG", than Rose is just a better player...his game is actually scary.. Derrick Rose does take more shots than Paul, but that's because he needed to...(again b/c of Boozer his shooting rate will go down)...Honestly Before Boozer came back, Rose was the entire offense..I'm not sure people understand that...the whole team depended on him for buckets..it's crazy...so that's why his shooting rate was/is high..
I like Paul, He's great...third best PG in the league to me...But Rose is just having one of those years..if the season were to end today he would be an MVP candidate..I'm not saying he would win, but he would be up there...

so Rose atleast doesn't finish at the hoop better than CP3? He doesn't draw more double teams..? Are you kidding me..

I know Rose has more turnovers but that is because the ball is always in his hands..If you watch the Bulls play you will notice they really don't have anyone else that can push the ball up ...All their other guards cannot dribble..none of them...So of course his turnovers are going to be high..he always has the ball...There is only one good Guard on the Bulls:Rose..........Watson, Korver, Brewer, Boggins all suck...(Korver has a shot, but he has no moves, can't really get it off too much)..If Paul plays better defense it's no so much better that you can say that it's not close..Rose rebounds better than Paul..(I think he's 2nd in the league after Westbrook)..and he also blocks more shots than Paul...What do you mean he doesn't run a better offense..Are you just saying that by how their games look? Yes, Paul plays more like a traditional PG, but Rose's game is nastier..Rose draws more attention, and if Rose had better scorers on his team, his assist would be higher ..(they are getting up there now because Boozer is back)..The thing is..Rose can win you a game by Himself..seriously...I don't think Paul can do that....oh! but PGs aren't suppose to do that, they are the ones that distribute and plan..well let me say this if Paul is a better "PG", than Rose is just a better player...his game is actually scary.. Derrick Rose does take more shots than Paul, but that's because he needed to...(again b/c of Boozer his shooting rate will go down)...Honestly Before Boozer came back, Rose was the entire offense..I'm not sure people understand that...the whole team depended on him for buckets..it's crazy...so that's why his shooting rate was/is high..
I like Paul, He's great...third best PG in the league to me...But Rose is just having one of those years..if the season were to end today he would be an MVP candidate..I'm not saying he would win, but he would be up there...

No it means that he isnt wasting his time with that mess of a response. Like the rest of us.

No it means that he isnt wasting his time with that mess of a response. Like the rest of us.

I'm still waiting for someone to give one fact or statistically based reason why Marbury was ever better than Rose is now.

All I'm hearing "man Marbury was sick, you just don't remember" Yeah I do remember. I remember him putting put empty stats in the weakest East ever and never making any noise.

I'm still waiting for someone to give one fact or statistically based reason why Marbury was ever better than Rose is now.

All I'm hearing "man Marbury was sick, you just don't remember" Yeah I do remember. I remember him putting put empty stats in the weakest East ever and never making any noise.

Originally Posted by amel223

That wasn't a mess of a response.  Read the content and not how it was structured 
laugh.gif
The content?  Which part?  The part how he says Rose has turnovers because the ball is always in his hands?  As if other PGs dont?  Or the part where he says Chris Paul cant win a game by himself?  Or the parts where he says Rose's game is nastier?  Scarier?  His whole post was full of witty adjectives and excuses.  That is all.

That wasn't a mess of a response.  Read the content and not how it was structured 
laugh.gif
The content?  Which part?  The part how he says Rose has turnovers because the ball is always in his hands?  As if other PGs dont?  Or the part where he says Chris Paul cant win a game by himself?  Or the parts where he says Rose's game is nastier?  Scarier?  His whole post was full of witty adjectives and excuses.  That is all.

Originally Posted by dland24

laugh.gif
Yup. Whenever a Rose fan-boy asserts that Rose is better than Chris Paul it's always supported by arbitrary nonsense and pretend scouting.

laugh.gif
Yup. Whenever a Rose fan-boy asserts that Rose is better than Chris Paul it's always supported by arbitrary nonsense and pretend scouting.

laugh.gif
How about where CP3's defense, if better, is not THAT much better than Rose.  I'll give you the steals but if that's the only reason why you're rating CP3 so much higher on defense then I don't know what to say.  I can give a hoot about all that advanced statistics mumbo jumbo. 

Rose needs to work on his lateral speed and going around screens but at least he can play some defense against bigger guards.  If you don't think so, that's fine, you just don't watch him play enough.  CP3, on the other hand, is a doormat for any guard bigger than him.  I don't see any difference between how CP3 plays defense and how Allen Iverson played defense.  They were both quick guards that played passing lanes well.  Still a defensive liability. 

If you wanna say he's better than Rose on d, it's whatever, but he's not THAT much better.  It's laughable how much CP3's defensive ability is touted. 

As for the guy's point on Rose's turnover rate.  Rose, before Boozer, had so much more responsibility than CP3 had.  Rose was both the team's best scorer and the ONLY playmaker.  Obviously over in New Orleans they're not counting on CP3 to be the top scorer.  The dude is only scoring 16 points a game the last time I checked.

So you don't see the connection between Rose's higher scoring responsibilities (when compared to CP3) and Rose's high turnover rate?  Sometimes Drose has to force the issue when his teammates can't score.  And it gets him into trouble when his teammate's shots can't drop because the defense collapses or they'll blitz Rose to force him to give up the ball.  He's willing to give up the ball.  But on those nights when his teammates get cold he takes it upon himself to score. 

One prevailing problem as of late is teams are increasingly blitzing him on the pick and rolls instead of going under the screens.  It's something new and he holds it a little too long when he tries to get into scoring mode.  I'm sure that's a problem that will be fixed. 

Scoring is a big part of how Rose tries to help his team.  We know that's not something CP3 does, at least this yr.  I'm not knocking CP3 for it I'm just explaining part of the reason why Rose's turnover rate might be higher. 

On nights like tonight when his teammates are actually hitting their open jumpers Rose can have that Cp3-esque nights with low turnovers, high shooting percentages, and high assists.  He had 18 points, 12 assists, 3-4 from three, he only put up 17 shots (and we all know his shot attempts can go up to the high 20's). 

To be fair he makes mistakes but it comes with being young and with the tremendous defensive attention put on him. 

You're forgetting Rose is like 3 yrs younger than Cp3 as well.  No one thinks he can cut down the turnovers with more experience? 

Yea and those were some of the points the OP was trying to make.  But hey, I guess you guys couldn't decipher any of that in that "mess of a response." 

CP3 right now is the more efficient point guard.  But some people here like to equate efficiency with being better.  If that's the case Kevin Martin would be one of the best guards in the nba. 

laugh.gif
How about where CP3's defense, if better, is not THAT much better than Rose.  I'll give you the steals but if that's the only reason why you're rating CP3 so much higher on defense then I don't know what to say.  I can give a hoot about all that advanced statistics mumbo jumbo. 

Rose needs to work on his lateral speed and going around screens but at least he can play some defense against bigger guards.  If you don't think so, that's fine, you just don't watch him play enough.  CP3, on the other hand, is a doormat for any guard bigger than him.  I don't see any difference between how CP3 plays defense and how Allen Iverson played defense.  They were both quick guards that played passing lanes well.  Still a defensive liability. 

If you wanna say he's better than Rose on d, it's whatever, but he's not THAT much better.  It's laughable how much CP3's defensive ability is touted. 

As for the guy's point on Rose's turnover rate.  Rose, before Boozer, had so much more responsibility than CP3 had.  Rose was both the team's best scorer and the ONLY playmaker.  Obviously over in New Orleans they're not counting on CP3 to be the top scorer.  The dude is only scoring 16 points a game the last time I checked.

So you don't see the connection between Rose's higher scoring responsibilities (when compared to CP3) and Rose's high turnover rate?  Sometimes Drose has to force the issue when his teammates can't score.  And it gets him into trouble when his teammate's shots can't drop because the defense collapses or they'll blitz Rose to force him to give up the ball.  He's willing to give up the ball.  But on those nights when his teammates get cold he takes it upon himself to score. 

One prevailing problem as of late is teams are increasingly blitzing him on the pick and rolls instead of going under the screens.  It's something new and he holds it a little too long when he tries to get into scoring mode.  I'm sure that's a problem that will be fixed. 

Scoring is a big part of how Rose tries to help his team.  We know that's not something CP3 does, at least this yr.  I'm not knocking CP3 for it I'm just explaining part of the reason why Rose's turnover rate might be higher. 

On nights like tonight when his teammates are actually hitting their open jumpers Rose can have that Cp3-esque nights with low turnovers, high shooting percentages, and high assists.  He had 18 points, 12 assists, 3-4 from three, he only put up 17 shots (and we all know his shot attempts can go up to the high 20's). 

To be fair he makes mistakes but it comes with being young and with the tremendous defensive attention put on him. 

You're forgetting Rose is like 3 yrs younger than Cp3 as well.  No one thinks he can cut down the turnovers with more experience? 

Yea and those were some of the points the OP was trying to make.  But hey, I guess you guys couldn't decipher any of that in that "mess of a response." 

CP3 right now is the more efficient point guard.  But some people here like to equate efficiency with being better.  If that's the case Kevin Martin would be one of the best guards in the nba. 

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

When he was on the east, can you please name his best 3 teammates on each of his team?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

When he was on the east, can you please name his best 3 teammates on each of his team?
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom