Derrick Rose or Chris Paul? Who do you take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marbury was on that Phx team that gave the Spurs all they could handle when Amare was dunking on Duncan and Robinson like it was his job. I don't think his Nets teams did much though when he had Keith Van Horn

Marbury was on that Phx team that gave the Spurs all they could handle when Amare was dunking on Duncan and Robinson like it was his job. I don't think his Nets teams did much though when he had Keith Van Horn

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

Them dudes won two games and still lost in the first round.

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

Them dudes won two games and still lost in the first round.

Originally Posted by NooEra

Anyone saying Rondo is only good because of PP, KG, and Jesus clearly doesn't watch the Celtics. If Rondo had a consistent jumper, he would be the best PG in the NBA by far IMO. Dude does everything. He bangs for boards. Quick hands. Can penetrate @ will. And when he has Jesus and PP to dish it out to,KG to drop it inside to, yes your assists are going to up; that's why it seems dude is always droppig 13+ assists a game.
laugh.gif

With that being said, I don't think Rondo is the best PG in the league because he can't shoot, period. It's painful to watch him @ the line and his form is so ugly on his jumper
sick.gif

But to say he's only good because of the big 3 is
indifferent.gif
imo. The man goes hard
pimp.gif
Anyone that knows basketball and watches him knows this.

I'm sorry but I think Rondo has a consistent jumper.  People have been bashing it for years now and using it to downplay his game but he has drastically improved as a shooter... it's just no one can tell because he only takes it as a last resort. 

Originally Posted by NooEra

Anyone saying Rondo is only good because of PP, KG, and Jesus clearly doesn't watch the Celtics. If Rondo had a consistent jumper, he would be the best PG in the NBA by far IMO. Dude does everything. He bangs for boards. Quick hands. Can penetrate @ will. And when he has Jesus and PP to dish it out to,KG to drop it inside to, yes your assists are going to up; that's why it seems dude is always droppig 13+ assists a game.
laugh.gif

With that being said, I don't think Rondo is the best PG in the league because he can't shoot, period. It's painful to watch him @ the line and his form is so ugly on his jumper
sick.gif

But to say he's only good because of the big 3 is
indifferent.gif
imo. The man goes hard
pimp.gif
Anyone that knows basketball and watches him knows this.

I'm sorry but I think Rondo has a consistent jumper.  People have been bashing it for years now and using it to downplay his game but he has drastically improved as a shooter... it's just no one can tell because he only takes it as a last resort. 

My son Steph used to make Mike Doleac and Kurt Thomas look like All-Stars.
glasses.gif

Also...

"The 2002–03 campaign saw the emergence of Stoudemire, a graduate from Cypress Creek High School (Orlando, Florida). He became the first ever high school player to win the NBA Rookie of the Year in the 2002–03 season, during which the Suns posted a record of 44–38 and returned to the playoffs. Marbury had a stellar individual season, making the All-NBA Third Team and being selected as a reserve for the 2003 NBA All-Star Game while averaging 22.3 ppg and 8.1 apg. The Suns were eliminated in the first round once again by the San Antonio Spurs, but only after a six-game series with the eventual NBA champions."

My son Steph used to make Mike Doleac and Kurt Thomas look like All-Stars.
glasses.gif

Also...

"The 2002–03 campaign saw the emergence of Stoudemire, a graduate from Cypress Creek High School (Orlando, Florida). He became the first ever high school player to win the NBA Rookie of the Year in the 2002–03 season, during which the Suns posted a record of 44–38 and returned to the playoffs. Marbury had a stellar individual season, making the All-NBA Third Team and being selected as a reserve for the 2003 NBA All-Star Game while averaging 22.3 ppg and 8.1 apg. The Suns were eliminated in the first round once again by the San Antonio Spurs, but only after a six-game series with the eventual NBA champions."

CP3

indifferent.gif
at the people who talked so negatively about Marbury. Dude sucked later on in his career, but was he goods earlier on.

CP3

indifferent.gif
at the people who talked so negatively about Marbury. Dude sucked later on in his career, but was he goods earlier on.

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Originally Posted by S4L3

Out of curiosity, what's so off between the Rose/Marbury comparison?
This board is amazing sometimes...

Derrick Rose at 21/22 years old is already a better player than than Stephon Marbury ever was.

No he isnt.  Do you not remember Marbury's early years or are you just being a Rose fanboy like the rest of the people who answered Rose in this thread.
wow ... rose is my favorite player but THIS ... Marbury was
eek.gif
... sick jumper ... crazy handle ... BEAST ...

yeh we can all say if he stayed on Minn but Rose is not a better player ...

this is ridiculous ... the answer is CP3 ... i still got rose @ #3 ...

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Originally Posted by S4L3

Out of curiosity, what's so off between the Rose/Marbury comparison?
This board is amazing sometimes...

Derrick Rose at 21/22 years old is already a better player than than Stephon Marbury ever was.

No he isnt.  Do you not remember Marbury's early years or are you just being a Rose fanboy like the rest of the people who answered Rose in this thread.
wow ... rose is my favorite player but THIS ... Marbury was
eek.gif
... sick jumper ... crazy handle ... BEAST ...

yeh we can all say if he stayed on Minn but Rose is not a better player ...

this is ridiculous ... the answer is CP3 ... i still got rose @ #3 ...

Originally Posted by Lavious

People got so used to saying Paul & DWill were the two best pg's in the league, that it's hard for them to stop. Why are people assuming Paul is going to get healthier? Why are the same people pointing out the bad defense Rose plays not saying anything about Paul's bad man to man defense? If you've watched a handful of the 30 games Chris Paul has played in this season, you can clearly see the difference between the pre & post knee injury CP3. He hasn't fallen off, but he's not the clear cut #1 that he once was.
Best post in this thread.

1. It is almost habitual to say Deron and CP3 are the best 2. Well, CP3 is hurt. Hurt bad. Might take him a lot of time to recover, hell me may never recover.

2. CP3 gets a lot of steals, so he has an alibi when it comes to not being able to play defense. People look at that and assume he is a a good defender, but those of us that know the game know he isn't.

I think Deron is the best, and right now it is not dumb to take Rose over CP3.

Originally Posted by Lavious

People got so used to saying Paul & DWill were the two best pg's in the league, that it's hard for them to stop. Why are people assuming Paul is going to get healthier? Why are the same people pointing out the bad defense Rose plays not saying anything about Paul's bad man to man defense? If you've watched a handful of the 30 games Chris Paul has played in this season, you can clearly see the difference between the pre & post knee injury CP3. He hasn't fallen off, but he's not the clear cut #1 that he once was.
Best post in this thread.

1. It is almost habitual to say Deron and CP3 are the best 2. Well, CP3 is hurt. Hurt bad. Might take him a lot of time to recover, hell me may never recover.

2. CP3 gets a lot of steals, so he has an alibi when it comes to not being able to play defense. People look at that and assume he is a a good defender, but those of us that know the game know he isn't.

I think Deron is the best, and right now it is not dumb to take Rose over CP3.

Rose everyday of the week...Personally I feel even if CP3 was healthy, Rose would still be better...To the people ranking Rose as the fifth best PG in the league must not be watching the Bulls play...This man is a MONSTER....a straight beast...I think it's a toss up between Rose and D.Will as the best PG in the league....Rose drives the best, he has the best body control and is almost unguard-able...plus his shot has gotten way better since last year...his passing is also better than what people think it is...CP3 probably dribbles alittle better than him, but that might be because Rose actually dribbles faster than him (if you do anything faster you tend to make more mistakes, - logical)
 Now to those saying Rondo is better than Rose or CP3 or Dwill...you guys are crazy...like someone else pointed out..Garnett, Pierce, Allen and even Shaq make Rondo look better than he is...not to say that Rondo isn't great, but he is playing with 4  hall of famers...Like someone said...if you were to switch Rose and Rondo (yea I know, can't really switch them, but just imagine) do you know how bad the Bulls would be? HORRIBLE...Now I'm not saying the Celtics would be better than they are now, but they wouldn't be far from it...Rose is the Bulls..especially when Boozer was out..you know who was carrying the load every night...Rose...Noah was doing his thing too, but people have to understand he (Noah) and other Bulls were getting their points because of Rose's activity, his slashing, the lay ups he does miss, etc..you can say the same for Rose and CP3...switch them...the Hornets might actually be better, can't say the same for the Bulls...Rose has been playing at a MVP level...like some commentators say (I hate to quote them, but they're right on this) Rose has the quickness of CP3 (he's actually faster than him) and the strength of D.Will...he's only going to get better and better....His layups are prettier than most people's dunks..-nuff said

Rose everyday of the week...Personally I feel even if CP3 was healthy, Rose would still be better...To the people ranking Rose as the fifth best PG in the league must not be watching the Bulls play...This man is a MONSTER....a straight beast...I think it's a toss up between Rose and D.Will as the best PG in the league....Rose drives the best, he has the best body control and is almost unguard-able...plus his shot has gotten way better since last year...his passing is also better than what people think it is...CP3 probably dribbles alittle better than him, but that might be because Rose actually dribbles faster than him (if you do anything faster you tend to make more mistakes, - logical)
 Now to those saying Rondo is better than Rose or CP3 or Dwill...you guys are crazy...like someone else pointed out..Garnett, Pierce, Allen and even Shaq make Rondo look better than he is...not to say that Rondo isn't great, but he is playing with 4  hall of famers...Like someone said...if you were to switch Rose and Rondo (yea I know, can't really switch them, but just imagine) do you know how bad the Bulls would be? HORRIBLE...Now I'm not saying the Celtics would be better than they are now, but they wouldn't be far from it...Rose is the Bulls..especially when Boozer was out..you know who was carrying the load every night...Rose...Noah was doing his thing too, but people have to understand he (Noah) and other Bulls were getting their points because of Rose's activity, his slashing, the lay ups he does miss, etc..you can say the same for Rose and CP3...switch them...the Hornets might actually be better, can't say the same for the Bulls...Rose has been playing at a MVP level...like some commentators say (I hate to quote them, but they're right on this) Rose has the quickness of CP3 (he's actually faster than him) and the strength of D.Will...he's only going to get better and better....His layups are prettier than most people's dunks..-nuff said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom