Derrick Rose or Chris Paul? Who do you take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Originally Posted by S4L3

Out of curiosity, what's so off between the Rose/Marbury comparison?
This board is amazing sometimes...

Derrick Rose at 21/22 years old is already a better player than than Stephon Marbury ever was.

No he isnt.  Do you not remember Marbury's early years or are you just being a Rose fanboy like the rest of the people who answered Rose in this thread.

Derrick Rose at 21/22 years old is already a better player than than Stephon Marbury ever was.

No he isnt.  Do you not remember Marbury's early years or are you just being a Rose fanboy like the rest of the people who answered Rose in this thread.

laugh.gif
folks really forgot how good Marbury was....

Originally Posted by dland24

I've been arguing against Rose being a top 5 PG, but the statement is true. Marbury's best season was probably his last in NJ, and he was not better than Rose is now.

I've been arguing against Rose being a top 5 PG, but the statement is true. Marbury's best season was probably his last in NJ, and he was not better than Rose is now.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

But you can make a case for Marbury (between 20-22) being better than Rose.  It's not crazy to compare him to Marbury at this point in his career.  Yall make it seem like Rose has no peers and is in a league of his own....Remember, that 20/8 Marbury was averaging was HEAVILY hyped for the longest time...he was an excellent PG for the majority of his career. 

But you can make a case for Marbury (between 20-22) being better than Rose.  It's not crazy to compare him to Marbury at this point in his career.  Yall make it seem like Rose has no peers and is in a league of his own....Remember, that 20/8 Marbury was averaging was HEAVILY hyped for the longest time...he was an excellent PG for the majority of his career. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Nice to see some people with common sense in this thread.  Marbury had a year where he was averaging 23/9 with better percentages than Rose had.  Im not saying Rose wont be way better than Steph one day, but to say he already is better than Marbury ever was is absurd.

Nice to see some people with common sense in this thread.  Marbury had a year where he was averaging 23/9 with better percentages than Rose had.  Im not saying Rose wont be way better than Steph one day, but to say he already is better than Marbury ever was is absurd.

laugh.gif
Seriously. Some of y'all gotta be like 16.
30t6p3b.gif

And the comparison was more about style of play than anything else.

laugh.gif
Seriously. Some of y'all gotta be like 16.
30t6p3b.gif

And the comparison was more about style of play than anything else.

Anyone saying Rondo is only good because of PP, KG, and Jesus clearly doesn't watch the Celtics. If Rondo had a consistent jumper, he would be the best PG in the NBA by far IMO. Dude does everything. He bangs for boards. Quick hands. Can penetrate @ will. And when he has Jesus and PP to dish it out to,KG to drop it inside to, yes your assists are going to up; that's why it seems dude is always droppig 13+ assists a game.
laugh.gif

With that being said, I don't think Rondo is the best PG in the league because he can't shoot, period. It's painful to watch him @ the line and his form is so ugly on his jumper
sick.gif

But to say he's only good because of the big 3 is
indifferent.gif
imo. The man goes hard
pimp.gif
Anyone that knows basketball and watches him knows this.

Anyone saying Rondo is only good because of PP, KG, and Jesus clearly doesn't watch the Celtics. If Rondo had a consistent jumper, he would be the best PG in the NBA by far IMO. Dude does everything. He bangs for boards. Quick hands. Can penetrate @ will. And when he has Jesus and PP to dish it out to,KG to drop it inside to, yes your assists are going to up; that's why it seems dude is always droppig 13+ assists a game.
laugh.gif

With that being said, I don't think Rondo is the best PG in the league because he can't shoot, period. It's painful to watch him @ the line and his form is so ugly on his jumper
sick.gif

But to say he's only good because of the big 3 is
indifferent.gif
imo. The man goes hard
pimp.gif
Anyone that knows basketball and watches him knows this.

I can almost guarantee I'm older than anybody in this thread.

I need know when was this mythological season that Marbury had when he was better than Rose is now.

Stephon Marbury put empty stats on mediocre teams. Now I'm not saying he is a bum but I seriously can't think of any season where Marbury was better than D. Rose this plus Marbury played most of his prime when the East was at an all time low quality wise and none of his teams ever made any noise,

I can almost guarantee I'm older than anybody in this thread.

I need know when was this mythological season that Marbury had when he was better than Rose is now.

Stephon Marbury put empty stats on mediocre teams. Now I'm not saying he is a bum but I seriously can't think of any season where Marbury was better than D. Rose this plus Marbury played most of his prime when the East was at an all time low quality wise and none of his teams ever made any noise,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom