Derrick Rose or Chris Paul? Who do you take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again putting up more stats means nothing, if that's the case Z-Bo is a better PF than Duncan or Garnett...Westbrook is 1,000 times the defender than Rose is that is the big difference right now.

Originally Posted by Futuristic

I just find it laughable that people put Rondo over Rose. The Bulls would be worse than the Cavs if Rondo and Rose switched places.
And you know this, how?  We're now at the point where if Rondo was on any other team besides the C's, they'd be garbage?  Jesus...talking about getting no respect
30t6p3b.gif
  He's one of the best PGs in the NBA, and while he does have his faults w. his shooting, he makes up for it with his play-making ability and defense.

I just find it laughable that people put Rondo over Rose. The Bulls would be worse than the Cavs if Rondo and Rose switched places.
And you know this, how?  We're now at the point where if Rondo was on any other team besides the C's, they'd be garbage?  Jesus...talking about getting no respect
30t6p3b.gif
  He's one of the best PGs in the NBA, and while he does have his faults w. his shooting, he makes up for it with his play-making ability and defense.

Jesus Christ.  There is no way this can be known for sure.

If you put Rondo on the Bulls, he won't be the same scorer that Rose is to lead the team in scoring.  If you put Rose on the Celtics, he's not the same facilitator of the offense as a passer he won't be the same rebounder that Rondo is and he won't be the same defender.  Both teams would suffer.

Jesus Christ.  There is no way this can be known for sure.

If you put Rondo on the Bulls, he won't be the same scorer that Rose is to lead the team in scoring.  If you put Rose on the Celtics, he's not the same facilitator of the offense as a passer he won't be the same rebounder that Rondo is and he won't be the same defender.  Both teams would suffer.

Originally Posted by amel223

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Westbrook will be higher if he keeps this up for the rest of the year.

What's westbrook's doing better than drose?

His statline:

22.7 pts, 8.1 assists, 4.9 rebounds, 28 percent from 3, 44 percent overall field goal percentage, 11 blocks total for the season, 2 steals a game

Drose's statline:

24.3 pts, 8.4 assists, 4.8 rebounds, 38 percent from 3, 46 percent overall fg percentage, 17 blocks total for the season, 1 steal a game

So westbrook is getting more steals a game, big deal. 

The fact that these stats are almost identical, and Russell plays 10 times the amount of defense is more than enough for me to put Westbrook ahead of Rose.  Also there is that huge free throw thing, but I know....you dont think thats a big deal.
Right now Westbrook is better. Unless of course you only want to talk about offense.....which AT MOST Rose is marginally better than (I dont agree, but I could see the case).

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Westbrook will be higher if he keeps this up for the rest of the year.

What's westbrook's doing better than drose?

His statline:

22.7 pts, 8.1 assists, 4.9 rebounds, 28 percent from 3, 44 percent overall field goal percentage, 11 blocks total for the season, 2 steals a game

Drose's statline:

24.3 pts, 8.4 assists, 4.8 rebounds, 38 percent from 3, 46 percent overall fg percentage, 17 blocks total for the season, 1 steal a game

So westbrook is getting more steals a game, big deal. 

The fact that these stats are almost identical, and Russell plays 10 times the amount of defense is more than enough for me to put Westbrook ahead of Rose.  Also there is that huge free throw thing, but I know....you dont think thats a big deal.
Right now Westbrook is better. Unless of course you only want to talk about offense.....which AT MOST Rose is marginally better than (I dont agree, but I could see the case).

^ Pretty much, seems like when it comes to Rose his defensive liability is thrown out the window.

^ Pretty much, seems like when it comes to Rose his defensive liability is thrown out the window.

Funny how defense is what is keeping Rose out of the top 4, 5 but the same dudes making this argument are putting Steve Nash in the top 3, 4.

Hmm...

Way to ignore that Drose is leading pgs in blocked shots.  Some thing Steve Nash can't do. 

Funny how defense is what is keeping Rose out of the top 4, 5 but the same dudes making this argument are putting Steve Nash in the top 3, 4.

Hmm...

Way to ignore that Drose is leading pgs in blocked shots.  Some thing Steve Nash can't do. 

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

No question. Chris Paul.

Score first PGs make me cringe. He's Marbury 2.0.

Don't even compare Marbury to Rose. 

Anyway, I'd take CP3...but to say it's not even close is just flat out stupid. Clearly people are not watching the Bulls that much.

Just throwing this out there:

-Rose is 2nd in his position in rebounding - 4.8 rpg - second only behind Westbrook by .1 (4.9 rpg)

-Rose has increased his assist average and his steal average

-Rose is the best shot blocker at his position 

-Rose has increased his 3PT% to 38 percent

Rose can do the same things Paul does and vice versa...however Paul is a way better defensive player than Rose. Which is the only reason I'm taking him.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

No question. Chris Paul.

Score first PGs make me cringe. He's Marbury 2.0.

Don't even compare Marbury to Rose. 

Anyway, I'd take CP3...but to say it's not even close is just flat out stupid. Clearly people are not watching the Bulls that much.

Just throwing this out there:

-Rose is 2nd in his position in rebounding - 4.8 rpg - second only behind Westbrook by .1 (4.9 rpg)

-Rose has increased his assist average and his steal average

-Rose is the best shot blocker at his position 

-Rose has increased his 3PT% to 38 percent

Rose can do the same things Paul does and vice versa...however Paul is a way better defensive player than Rose. Which is the only reason I'm taking him.

Hmm...

They're both deficient on defense, but Nash's offensive game is better than Rose's.
laugh.gif
@ bringing up blocks. C'mon now.

Why are people catching feelings over the fact that a lot of people aren't putting Rose in their top 4 or 5 right now? Does it matter? It's not like he won't improve the things he's not great at, I mean he's only 21. Settle down. If he's not one of the very best right now, he'll probably be in the future.

Hmm...

They're both deficient on defense, but Nash's offensive game is better than Rose's.
laugh.gif

Why are people catching feelings over the fact that a lot of people aren't putting Rose in their top 4 or 5 right now? Does it matter? It's not like he won't improve the things he's not great at, I mean he's only 21. Settle down. If he's not one of the very best right now, he'll probably be in the future.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

30t6p3b.gif
because the last time he played without three HOF'ers it was a 28-54. and the ten minutes per game added wouldn't have equated to the skyrocketing in assists etc...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

30t6p3b.gif
because the last time he played without three HOF'ers it was a 28-54. and the ten minutes per game added wouldn't have equated to the skyrocketing in assists etc...

The only thing I can think of is some people are taking into account Marbury's off the court issues and don't want to associate that with Rose? I honestly don't see anything wrong with that comparison. It's not a knock on Rose AT ALL
laugh.gif

The only thing I can think of is some people are taking into account Marbury's off the court issues and don't want to associate that with Rose? I honestly don't see anything wrong with that comparison. It's not a knock on Rose AT ALL
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Hmm...

laugh.gif

Because people still say nash is better....HE ISNT AT ALL....even is offense is a wash his d rating is 117. Rose gets attacked for his 103 rating
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Hmm...

laugh.gif

Because people still say nash is better....HE ISNT AT ALL....even is offense is a wash his d rating is 117. Rose gets attacked for his 103 rating
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom