Derrick Rose or Chris Paul? Who do you take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by thesimplestlife

^^ so you think that Paul would be way better than Rose if he never got hurt? Even if Paul wasn't banged up, you can't say that Paul would be hands down a better player than him. You make it sound like Derrick Rose is 10 steps below Paul. If you think Paul is better, fine, but you got to admit, Rose is right up there.

This thread is all about who is better.  When Chris Paul was healthy, there is NOTHING Derrick Rose does that is better than Chris Paul.  Remember preinjury people were talking that Chris Paul was a top 5 player in the whole league.  And who said that Rose is 10 steps below him?  No one who is arguing Paul has dismissed anything that Rose does...he is a phenomenal talent.  He just isnt as good as Paul. 

People have repeatedly listed reasons as to why Paul is better, but you and other Bulls fans have argued against them with statements like "well thats only because..."

Originally Posted by thesimplestlife

^^ so you think that Paul would be way better than Rose if he never got hurt? Even if Paul wasn't banged up, you can't say that Paul would be hands down a better player than him. You make it sound like Derrick Rose is 10 steps below Paul. If you think Paul is better, fine, but you got to admit, Rose is right up there.

This thread is all about who is better.  When Chris Paul was healthy, there is NOTHING Derrick Rose does that is better than Chris Paul.  Remember preinjury people were talking that Chris Paul was a top 5 player in the whole league.  And who said that Rose is 10 steps below him?  No one who is arguing Paul has dismissed anything that Rose does...he is a phenomenal talent.  He just isnt as good as Paul. 

People have repeatedly listed reasons as to why Paul is better, but you and other Bulls fans have argued against them with statements like "well thats only because..."

Originally Posted by yungmatt

I sat out this entire thread
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Team defense is infinitely more important than on-ball defense. The Bulls start Boozer and Rose every game (neither one is a great defender), yet they have the 2nd best defense in the league.

Also it's clear some of you are living in the past, Derrick Rose is better this year than Chris Paul has been in the last 2 years. Whether that's because of health issues or not, Rose is better until further notice.

Team defense is infinitely more important than on-ball defense. The Bulls start Boozer and Rose every game (neither one is a great defender), yet they have the 2nd best defense in the league.

Also it's clear some of you are living in the past, Derrick Rose is better this year than Chris Paul has been in the last 2 years. Whether that's because of health issues or not, Rose is better until further notice.

Like I said before

there is no way in Hell that Paul drives better than Rose. Even when Paul was healthy he wasn't driving to the hole like Rose. If you really think Chris Paul went to the hoop harder and better than Rose when he was healthy then I don't know what to say. I just don't buy it. I also believe Rose finishes at the hoop better than any other guard in the league.. This kind of goes hand in hand with driving but slightly different. Let's Compare Rose and Westbrook and you'll see what I mean. Westbrook might drive hard or even harder than Rose to the hoop, but Rose is better at finishing..(from time to time you might see Westbrook miss a dunk or try some crazy shot, or make an ill advised pass at the end of the drive).

Nowitness-

Physique has a part to play in someone's game. Maybe it's b/c Derrick Rose is stronger and quicker that makes it easier for him to get to the hole and finish with contact. Another example is Lebron James. His game is great but his physique makes him incredible. With his skills and his build, he should be able to virtually run through teams all day long. He should actually be doing more of that, plus posting up.

It's not that I'm a Bulls fan, I just realize how good this young man really is. He's something special. His potential is also through the roof. The man gets better every year.

Like I said before

there is no way in Hell that Paul drives better than Rose. Even when Paul was healthy he wasn't driving to the hole like Rose. If you really think Chris Paul went to the hoop harder and better than Rose when he was healthy then I don't know what to say. I just don't buy it. I also believe Rose finishes at the hoop better than any other guard in the league.. This kind of goes hand in hand with driving but slightly different. Let's Compare Rose and Westbrook and you'll see what I mean. Westbrook might drive hard or even harder than Rose to the hoop, but Rose is better at finishing..(from time to time you might see Westbrook miss a dunk or try some crazy shot, or make an ill advised pass at the end of the drive).

Nowitness-

Physique has a part to play in someone's game. Maybe it's b/c Derrick Rose is stronger and quicker that makes it easier for him to get to the hole and finish with contact. Another example is Lebron James. His game is great but his physique makes him incredible. With his skills and his build, he should be able to virtually run through teams all day long. He should actually be doing more of that, plus posting up.

It's not that I'm a Bulls fan, I just realize how good this young man really is. He's something special. His potential is also through the roof. The man gets better every year.

The argument is about TODAY.
So you have to factor in the fact that Chirs's knee is going to be if not already arthritic
Paul was better than Rose is now but without a meniscus its only a matter of time. Plus despite the efficency he has displayed his game has had a clear and agreed upon drop off
Rose is not better than Chris was 2 years ago.
I aint never tried to make a point about 2 years ago when Paul was in a 1a, 1b situation with Deron Williams.
 Im talking about now and now Derrick Rose is better, because of what hes doing right now.
Maybe the knee injury turned Chris into a cat, but im only speaking on the past 12 months and in those 12 months.
He has demanded a trade. Backed off for political reasons. Had a meniscus removed.
Droped from 17 shots per game to 11. Turned from a dynamic player to a player who picks his spots.
Went from above average on D ( could contain quick guards) to below average.
But its pointless to argue with people who believe that win shares and PER are the ultimate authority on who's a better player.

The argument is about TODAY.
So you have to factor in the fact that Chirs's knee is going to be if not already arthritic
Paul was better than Rose is now but without a meniscus its only a matter of time. Plus despite the efficency he has displayed his game has had a clear and agreed upon drop off
Rose is not better than Chris was 2 years ago.
I aint never tried to make a point about 2 years ago when Paul was in a 1a, 1b situation with Deron Williams.
 Im talking about now and now Derrick Rose is better, because of what hes doing right now.
Maybe the knee injury turned Chris into a cat, but im only speaking on the past 12 months and in those 12 months.
He has demanded a trade. Backed off for political reasons. Had a meniscus removed.
Droped from 17 shots per game to 11. Turned from a dynamic player to a player who picks his spots.
Went from above average on D ( could contain quick guards) to below average.
But its pointless to argue with people who believe that win shares and PER are the ultimate authority on who's a better player.

chris paul because he make people around him better d rose is great in all but nobody gets much better or even more points from playing with him cp3 true point

chris paul because he make people around him better d rose is great in all but nobody gets much better or even more points from playing with him cp3 true point

If you're not sure Chris Paul can go out there and get Ws, you clearly were not watching basketball before he tore the meniscus last year...

Derrick Rose's physique should make him a nightmare defensively for other guards... It doesn't. Sure, it helps him get in the paint and finish at the rim better than Paul does... But other than that? There's nothing else on a basketball court that he does better than a healthy Chris Paul.

If you're not sure Chris Paul can go out there and get Ws, you clearly were not watching basketball before he tore the meniscus last year...

Derrick Rose's physique should make him a nightmare defensively for other guards... It doesn't. Sure, it helps him get in the paint and finish at the rim better than Paul does... But other than that? There's nothing else on a basketball court that he does better than a healthy Chris Paul.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

And how is that going to help NOW? Do you have a time machine where we can go back and put his meniscus in and not tear it? Because if not, Derrick Rose is better now.

And how is that going to help NOW? Do you have a time machine where we can go back and put his meniscus in and not tear it? Because if not, Derrick Rose is better now.

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

Uh, no. He is not better than Paul now, healthy or otherwise. And no one can prove he is better at ANYTHING, unless you're using bogus arbitrary analysis or pointing to wins, although wins are a function of a TEAM. And don't tell me he is a better "driver"or finisher either, CP is hitting 72% of his shots at the rim, Rose 61%.

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

Uh, no. He is not better than Paul now, healthy or otherwise. And no one can prove he is better at ANYTHING, unless you're using bogus arbitrary analysis or pointing to wins, although wins are a function of a TEAM. And don't tell me he is a better "driver"or finisher either, CP is hitting 72% of his shots at the rim, Rose 61%.

I still don't think Rose is better now, so I don't need a time machine.

Chris Paul can still take over games and dominate them. Suggesting otherwise is tomfoolery.

I still don't think Rose is better now, so I don't need a time machine.

Chris Paul can still take over games and dominate them. Suggesting otherwise is tomfoolery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom