Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Save point is actually Atheon. Im running it tomorrow

If I didn't have a midterm tonight after work I'd take a sick day and speed run another Titan to 20. But oh well, with my luck this week it would either be hotpatched tonight, or I'd get the shadder and more shards. :smh:

Will be running a raid team tonight on normal at 10pm est. So fsrm

Zero23
Biggie
WrightOne

Let me know if anyone else wanna join.

At least Atheon didn't do this to us last night.

:x

I would be livid!

Although them dancing and he portals back up was priceless. You know they were scrambling to get their controllers and try to get him again. :lol:

What if that is the "fix"?! He can't fall off for completing, so he just respawns back in the platform :x

Last edited:
Biggie, I'm calling it now... Raid armor and Vision of Confluence for you tonight :pimp:

It better be a the gloves, boots, and chest with "increased ammo for auto guns or scout rifles." Otherwise just to spite bungie I'm sharding it.

But I'm calling shards and energy for me this week. :\

Last edited:
It better be a the gloves, boots, and chest with "increased ammo for auto guns or scout rifles." Otherwise just to spite bungie I'm sharding it.

But I'm calling shards and energy for me this week. :\
Hey I gave you the armor... The bonuses are whole other animal. They liable to give you fusion rifle and hand cannon bonuses... At least those are what I get along with pulse rifle bonus

Hey I gave you the armor... The bonuses are whole other animal. They liable to give you fusion rifle and hand cannon bonuses... At least those are what I get along with pulse rifle bonus

After doing the hard mode portals last night and being the main oracle killer, I realized that the raid gloves won't be as useful as they seem. I don't mind using heavy weapons but I prefer using my primary due to the ammo. So increased reload time with heavy just isn't as tempting. I probably could solo them IF I was level 30. But with the ~-32% reduced damage for being one level lower really made it hard for me to take them out solo, especially at the end when they spawn quicker.

After doing the hard mode portals last night and being the main oracle killer, I realized that the raid gloves won't be as useful as they seem. I don't mind using heavy weapons but I prefer using my primary due to the ammo. So increased reload time with heavy just isn't as tempting. I probably could solo them IF I was level 30. But with the ~-32% reduced damage for being one level lower really made it hard for me to take them out solo, especially at the end when they spawn quicker.

Until you get Gjallarhorn. Then increased heavy reload speed makes you almost as powerful as RNGesus.

I'm calling it now. SHARDS FOR EVERYONE!!!

Yea I feel you on that. With the update coming making it completely random who is getting portaled we will have to make sure everyone is on top of their game with killing the minotaur, oracles and holding the relic. I am definitely leveling the Vision of Confluence up first since that has the Oracle bonus on it and that is what we need going forward for now.

Man it was probably good you didn't run crucible with us too. I leveled the cryptarch and got 2 blue engrams and one turned into another The Comedian legendary shotgun. Then the last game we played I got a legendary engram and that turned into a void rocket launcher for me. Zero and I said if it turned into gjallahorn that you might not run with me for a while out of anger :rofl:

Last edited:
Yea I feel you on that. With the update coming making it completely random who is getting portaled we will have to make sure everyone is on top of their game with killing the minotaur, oracles and holding the relic. I am definitely leveling the Vision of Confluence up first since that has the Oracle bonus on it and that is what we need going forward for now.

Man it was probably good you didn't run crucible with us too. I leveled the cryptarch and got 2 blue engrams and one turned into another The Comedian legendary shotgun. Then the last game we played I got a legendary engram and that turned into a void rocket launcher for me. Zero and I said if it turned into gjallahorn that you might not run with me for a while out of anger :rofl:

:smh: I have a feeling that Xur will sell the Titan chest again and the chest engram (I got both last week), and either a Suros or Hard Light just to say to me "**** you."

Honestly, it's probably a response ot the good karma I got last week. Last week I got the Suros, the Epilogue, the a legendary fusion, a legendary machine gun, a legendary helm, bought the exotic chest from Xur, and took a chance on the chest engram and got the 2nd Titan exotic chest.

But still a ******* ship, basically an avatar for the loading screen. I would have taken the bike to go Leroy with it at least. :smh:

Last edited:
Damn yea you did have a good week with Xur. I bought the Warlock helm and the engram turned into a Titan chest for me too, smh. On top of me getting the 5 strange coins from the nightfall this week too.

I think it will be the Gjallahorn or the Suros from Xur. They are the ones that haven't been around in a while.

I don't know about the other classes, but I think the Warlocks will get Sunbreakers believe it or not. We had a helm last week and the week before that, we had a chest piece. Go figure the helm last week, was the first time I had enough coins to actually buy something so I don't own Sunbreakers. I was too busy holding out trying to buy weapons instead (Icebreaker/Truth).
laugh.gif

Man it was probably good you didn't run crucible with us too. I leveled the cryptarch and got 2 blue engrams and one turned into another The Comedian legendary shotgun. Then the last game we played I got a legendary engram and that turned into a void rocket launcher for me. Zero and I said if it turned into gjallahorn that you might not run with me for a while out of anger
roll.gif

mean.gif
I have a feeling that Xur will sell the Titan chest again and the chest engram (I got both last week), and either a Suros or Hard Light just to say to me "**** you."

Honestly, it's probably a response ot the good karma I got last week. Last week I got the Suros, the Epilogue, the a legendary fusion, a legendary machine gun, a legendary helm, bought the exotic chest from Xur, and took a chance on the chest engram and got the 2nd Titan exotic chest.

But still a ******* ship, basically an avatar for the loading screen. I would have taken the bike to go Leroy with it at least.
mean.gif
I've never had a week like that. Ever. 
sick.gif

And my damn Cryptarch is like level 45+ something. I'm always going to assume I'm only getting shards from now on. That way it'll be awesome when I get a week like you had last week. You guys have some really good RNG luck. I'm just glad after attempting to cheese Atheon on Hard for two nights in a row we finally did it and I got a mythoclast. I don't think I'll attempt hard for a while, at least until I get to level 30. 

I've never had a week like that. Ever. :x  

And my damn Cryptarch is like level 45+ something. I'm always going to assume I'm only getting shards from now on. That way it'll be awesome when I get a week like you had last week. You guys have some really good RNG luck. I'm just glad after attempting to cheese Atheon on Hard for two nights in a row we finally did it and I got a mythoclast. I don't think I'll attempt hard for a while, at least until I get to level 30. 

Oh you better plan to get to 30 ASAP. We'll be running that **** until I get a Mythoclast :lol:

I've never had a week like that. Ever. 
sick.gif

Oh you better plan to get to 30 ASAP. We'll be running that **** until I get a Mythoclast
laugh.gif
Hopefully tonight my expected shards turn into Chest/Arm/Legs from the raid tonight. Then I'll be like, OK hard mode it is.

I've never had a week like that. Ever. :x  

Oh you better plan to get to 30 ASAP. We'll be running that **** until I get a Mythoclast :lol:

damnright lol

Oh you better plan to get to 30 ASAP. We'll be running that **** until I get a Mythoclast
laugh.gif

Hopefully tonight my expected shards turn into Chest/Arm/Legs from the raid tonight. Then I'll be like, OK hard mode it is.
Yea I just need the chest or arms to drop and then whatever I missing be the piece I get from Xur, and I will on my way to 30 for the raids as well. I know me getting these 2 pieces is going to make up for my luck last night too
mean.gif

I am going to get 1 armor piece from the raid and then that is going to be the same slot Xur sells this week. Then I will try my luck at another engram for another slot, and that will be for my titan as well I am betting
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

#TeamMythoclast
nthat.gif

Ignore that light level, I am 28, but dropped back while I am leveling this helm now. I should be back to 28 by the raid tonight. I got the mats to level the arms arms and chest pieces as well, but I have been holding out in hopes that the next pieces I get from the raid will drop and replace them.

Last edited:
Honestly though, we did say we would help Tek and Lambo cheese Atheon, so if you need help from a 29 Hunter Tek I'll be down. I can be portal team. Just gotta get Warlocks to do their damn thang.

Now that most of us are all 29, I'd like to try to legit run through the raid on Hard as all 29's. I think we can do it if we play smart. It won't be a massacre like the first attempt. 

Back
Top Bottom