Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Honestly though, we did say we would help Tek and Lambo cheese Atheon, so if you need help from a 29 Hunter Tek I'll be down. I can be portal team. Just gotta get Warlocks to do their damn thang.

Now that most of us are all 29, I'd like to try to legit run through the raid on Hard as all 29's. I think we can do it if we play smart. It won't be a massacre like the first attempt. 

I tell you what I really dread. The Venus portal during the gatekeeper phase. 2 Minotaurs to take out. :x

We need more people with Epilogues and void fusion/heavys if we plan to rock those phases.

Honestly though, we did say we would help Tek and Lambo cheese Atheon, so if you need help from a 29 Hunter Tek I'll be down. I can be portal team. Just gotta get Warlocks to do their damn thang.

Now that most of us are all 29, I'd like to try to legit run through the raid on Hard as all 29's. I think we can do it if we play smart. It won't be a massacre like the first attempt. 
If I am back to 28 before you guys try, I will help out if needed as well. Gotta get all of NT with a hard completion. Any word of the update being pushed out today?

If I am back to 28 before you guys try, I will help out if needed as well. Gotta get all of NT with a hard completion. Any word of the update being pushed out today?

They won't announce that until like 4pm EST the earliest. So who knows really.

Ahhh gotcha....

Instead of patching that, they should work on coming up with more damn bounties. Bungie this is getting ridiculous.

Yes this is today which is almost the exact same thing from yesterday except a couple are on Mars instead, smh

It was nice to get that Niketalk Clantag trophy for completing the raid. My bad last time guys, didn't have it equipped lol.

Ahhh gotcha....

Instead of patching that, they should work on coming up with more damn bounties. Bungie this is getting ridiculous.

Yes this is today which is almost the exact same thing from yesterday except a couple are on Mars instead, smh
Dat Overcharge bounty with the Mythoclast now... 

But seriously Bungie, another day of patrolling the cosmodrome? I might just have to level up another Hunter to 20 so I can start running raids twice a week in hopes I get the armor pieces for the Hunter.

Dat Overcharge bounty with the Mythoclast now... 

But seriously Bungie, another day of patrolling the cosmodrome? I might just have to level up another Hunter to 20 so I can start running raids twice a week in hopes I get the armor pieces for the Hunter.
Seems like that is what some are doing. 1 extra class for the one that appears to be the one they always get drops for and then an extra of their primary class for a chance to double what they get for them.

Looking like the White Ranger...  TOMMY IS THAT YOU!!

#TeamMythoclast
If only I could get the sword too. The closest thing I have is the throwing knife 
laugh.gif

Yea that is the one where nobody can die during the raid. Definitely would be the last one to get...Or at least until we get to level 32 and then come back in here and beat the level 26/27 VoG
laugh.gif

New farming spot for those interested as well:

Yeah we got all the trophies for raid except flawless raider. I don't know if we will ever get that one... Super difficult.

If we get a group of 30s to do normal we could. BTW, I was doing research on the relic holding during Aetheon. The middle platform is the best place for the shield to go up. However, the relic holder has to make sure to cover the wall completely to the left so the splash damage doesn't hit AND, he has to be completely still and not moving once Aetheon starts unloading.

BTW, Daily is on the Moon again :x. I am sick of fighting mobs there.

Also, I assume that this is you now Wright huh?

Last edited:
Ultron is an Exo in the new Avengers. I'm going to make my second hunter character look like this for the lulz.

i'm down I have two grenades as whale.

lmk if i can get in on this one. since yall went without me last time :smh: lol jk

Reactions: Ube
Anyone down to explore the VoG? I bet there are chests that people haven't found yet. I've never even fathomed to go where this dude went. I figured since we didn't have to down Atheon we could explore. Then head to Gatekeeper and knock that out quick.

Last edited:
There's probably a chest in the jumping puzzle because when you die in the Gorgons Maze, they tell you your time, and how many times you were detected.

So it probably spawns with correlation to one or both of those things, much like the 5th chest spawns if you don't let the Templar teleport.

Last edited:
No raid for me tonite fellas, still got that bad taste in my mouth from last night. I would rather be productive doing other things besides the raid.

Me, biggie62 biggie62 and @Based Jesus all got hosed last night.

No raid for me tonite fellas, still got that bad taste in my mouth from last night. I would rather be productive doing other things besides the raid.

Me, @Biggie62 and @Based Jesus all got hosed last night.
We just gotta knock out the Templar phase and the maze and the Gatekeeper. Don't even have to do Atheon since we already got the rewards on hard. Once we get to Atheon I'm prob guna just bounce unless the other raid members want to finish him off.

If we get a group of 30s to do normal we could. BTW, I was doing research on the relic holding during Aetheon. The middle platform is the best place for the shield to go up. However, the relic holder has to make sure to cover the wall completely to the left so the splash damage doesn't hit AND, he has to be completely still and not moving once Aetheon starts unloading.

BTW, Daily is on the Moon again
sick.gif
. I am sick of fighting mobs there.

Also, I assume that this is you now Wright huh?

Funny thing is, I had this tab open and hadn't watched it because I had a meeting to go to....he doesn't have The Last Word, but he has Gjallahorn and I don't
frown.gif

Anyone down to explore the VoG? I bet there are chests that people haven't found yet. I've never even fathomed to go where this dude went. I figured since we didn't have to down Atheon we could explore. Then head to Gatekeeper and knock that out quick.

I would be willing to explore around and see if something else is in there.

Wait, I thought you got a weapon or armor piece last night? You only got the ship and shards too??? Don't tell me that myself, Zero, and Based (Based4Life not Besu) got everything and you guys literally only got the ship and shards....

We just gotta knock out the Templar phase and the maze and the Gatekeeper. Don't even have to do Atheon since we already got the rewards on hard. Once we get to Atheon I'm prob guna just bounce unless the other raid members want to finish him off.
So once you beat VoG on hard, you don't get drops from normal mode for the week either? Damn was hoping to double dip on the Atheon kill
laugh.gif
. If that is the case, I would back out on the Atheon kill if someone else wanted a shot at getting something to drop form him if they wanted to.

Funny thing is, I had this tab open and hadn't watched it because I had a meeting to go to....he doesn't have The Last Word, but he has Gjallahorn and I don't :frown:

I would be willing to explore around and see if something else is in there.

Wait, I thought you got a weapon or armor piece last night? You only got the ship and shards too??? Don't tell me that myself, Zero, and Based (Based4Life not Besu) got everything and you guys literally only got the ship and shards....

So once you beat VoG on hard, you don't get drops from normal mode for the week either? Damn was hoping to double dip on the Atheon kill :lol: . If that is the case, I would back out on the Atheon kill if someone else wanted a shot at getting something to drop form him if they wanted to.
Basically if you beat it on hard first you get the drops of normal and hard. So I literally got the shaft twice.

So once you beat VoG on hard, you don't get drops from normal mode for the week either? Damn was hoping to double dip on the Atheon kill
laugh.gif
. If that is the case, I would back out on the Atheon kill if someone else wanted a shot at getting something to drop form him if they wanted to.
I thought Quad got the Epilogue. It helps in the raid especially against minotaurs.

Yeah, if you beat the VoG on Hard you don't get any rewards for easy. So when we get to 30 we can run it on hard weekly so we dont have to run it twice. I'm sure guys want the mythoclast, timepiece, and fatebringer that are only available on hard. Same with the helmet.

Yeah, we can get to Atheon and then if anyone wants to take our spots and get normal Atheon loot drop they're more than welcome to. 

I thought Quad got the Epilogue. It helps in the raid especially against minotaurs.

Yeah, if you beat the VoG on Hard you don't get any rewards for easy. So when we get to 30 we can run it on hard weekly so we dont have to run it twice. I'm sure guys want the mythoclast, timepiece, and fatebringer that are only available on hard. Same with the helmet.

Yeah, we can get to Atheon and then if anyone wants to take our spots and get normal Atheon loot drop they're more than welcome to. 

Yea, and then if we get Quad, Tek, Based, or whomever on a future date before the reset maybe we can do a few runs to work on our strategy post patch to do it legit. That is until someone finds a new exploit.

And you wanted to double dip Wright Like really? :lol: You didn't get enough already form him.

And yea Quad got the epilogue but he has one already.

Okay and someone school me on how to do the @(name here)

Last edited:
Yea I got the Epilogue, but I already had the Epilogue and its almost maxed out. All I got was shards and a dang ship. :lol:

Its crazy b/c I've beat VoG over 15 times and have never got any raid armor or exotic weapon, only got the Epilogue (AR), the Found Verdict (Shotty), and they heavy machine gun. Granted that you can only beat it once a week and alot of those were in the same week, but seriously this is starting to get ridiculous.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom