Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Wait....Banner starts tomorrow? I never pay attention and didn't realize this 
nthat.gif

Can't remember but either my Titan or Hunter has all 3 weekly IB bounties completed and ready to turn in. Will save them for Sunday/Monday and go straight to rank 5 with them to end the week 
nthat.gif

I guess it is about to GoM themed IB this week after this farming session by everyone 
laugh.gif

Still on the hunter for another one tonight possibly. 

I have that Glass Half Full one and then got one with:

Counter balance

Perfect balance

Grenadier

and another with:

Counter balance

Perfect balance

3rd Eye

Counter balance
Perfect balance
Grenadier

and another with:
Counter balance
Perfect balance
3rd Eye

I like that second roll, have a similar roll that I need to check out. Currently have 3 interesting rolls:

1) Third Eye, Hand laid, Eye of the Storm (low health=accuracy+)
2) Glass Half Full, Perfect Balance, Rangefinder
3) Eye of the Storm, Braced, Feeding Frenzy

(That middle roll is the one I am most interested in.)

Finally got The Road Unravelled from FWC so it'll be the first time in awhile that I have motes to burn on weaponXP :lol:

You know what....I think I have that #2 roll you posted as well. 
laugh.gif

I've too many of those damn things to remember but I remember getting one with Rangefinder and another perk and thinking that was an interesting setup. I would just send them all to the vault to inspect and determine later, haha

I'll have to post some final ones up this evening when I get home. 

Counter balance
Perfect balance
Grenadier

and another with:
Counter balance
Perfect balance
3rd Eye
I like that second roll, have a similar roll that I need to check out. Currently have 3 interesting rolls:

1) Third Eye, Hand laid, Eye of the Storm (low health=accuracy+)
2) Glass Half Full, Perfect Balance, Rangefinder
3) Eye of the Storm, Braced, Feeding Frenzy

(That middle roll is the one I am most interested in.)

Finally got The Road Unravelled from FWC so it'll be the first time in awhile that I have motes to burn on weaponXP
laugh.gif
Only ship I am missing from the factions. 
mean.gif

Started level my alt characters after a year
You main a warlock?

I loved my hunter, but it's fun to use the other two... especially in crucible.

Jumping is the hardest thing to get used to between the three classes. I still despise the warlock jump. 
laugh.gif

You main a warlock?

Jumping is the hardest thing to get used to between the three classes. I still despise the warlock jump. :lol:

Yeah man warlock jump is totally different than titan jump
.. ive died trying tonget used to the titan rocket blasty jump

With Banner being Clash tomorrow, expect the GoM to be flooded all over the place. 

Me personally, I won't be entering Iron Banner with a Grasp..........I never got a decent roll in any of my farming sessions in this past week's nightfall.  And personally, I'm too tired to do one more final farming session before the weekly reset.

But those Grasps gave me some decent infusion fuel for all of my primaries, now all of my primaries are at least 334-335 light.

Anyone max out their grimoire score? 

I looked into doing it, but I just don't think I could stomach getting 100 Salvage, Skirmish, Doubles, or Rumble wins. 
laugh.gif

I think I'm sitting at 4920

Last edited:
Anyone max out their grimoire score? 

I looked into doing it, but I just don't think I could stomach getting 100 Salvage, Skirmish, Doubles, or Rumble wins. :lol:  

I think I'm sitting at 4920

I'm sitting at 4960 but I don't have the time nor the skill level to do 100 rumble wins. I have no problem finishing top 3 but to be on top I did it 1x :lol: everything else I have nearly completed except for doubles and skirmish.

Now I see why all the hunters love hunters lol

A week in and I'm at 310[/quote

Hunters are probably my favorite class for crucible. Though I like gunslinger more so than blade dancer like most. But I do like void walker a lot. Biggie bombs all day, especially in control on B :lol:

Due to the same issue that prevented players from joining matches in Trials of Osiris, we are also cancelling Iron Banner for this week.
— Bungie (@Bungie)

But in all seriousness, this might be a good thing.............for me.  

My *** is "On-Call" at work this weekend, and I need all the overtime hours this week to prevent being in the office this Saturday morning.  So yes Bungie, you're ****.  But kudos Bungie, you gave me a reason to put in some overtime at work and get that $$$.

Last edited:
Got a few good rolls on the Malok.

Counterbalance, Hand laid stock/perfect balance and glass half full
Counterbalance, perfect balance, third eye with OAS scop

And a PvE one

OAS, headseeker, hand laid stock, and grenadier.

Last edited:
*waits for raptornation raptornation to tell you what's wrong with your rolls*

Hahaha! I didn't mean to be an @** when I replied to you, Booty. Apologies if it came across that way.

wrightone86 wrightone86

So there's some information going around that indicates that, with respect to PvP, those two perks (GHF/HSeeker) may not be as useful as they seem. Essentially the argument is that, when going up against other PRs, for example, the amount of extra damage those perks produce do not significantly change your TTK in comparison to your opponent using a weapon without those perks (say, Hawksaw/PDX).

With Headseeker specifically, the way the perk works requires you to hit the body first, then the head for bonus damage. However, in the time it takes the perk to activate, it's very likely that a (skilled) player will have already taken the advantage by only hitting headshots (ie. you probably should disengage, or lose the fight).

Here is a link to a study done on HS:

Hope this helps/spurs further discussion!

You main a warlock?

Jumping is the hardest thing to get used to between the three classes. I still despise the warlock jump. :lol:

Yeah man warlock jump is totally different than titan jump
.. ive died trying tonget used to the titan rocket blasty jump

Going from Hunter to Warlock is the worst.
:smh:

This Grasp has everything I wanted. Don't care about scope not being oas either. Grenadier used to be the perk I'd laugh at all the time but now it's clutch for Crucible. Tripmine party even though they nerfed it. :smh:

View media item 2077312

Back
Top Bottom