Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

I'm truly not going to get into the science behind the guns ratings. I just KNOW that if I fire at a high level enemy with my Atheon for 2 seconds, and then repeat that again with my vanquisher for 2 seconds.... The vanquisher would have killed him but the Atheon will not. It's as simple as that lol. Yall going too deep

If you are going to using feeling vs actual math and science behind the algorithm that calculates damage then you are doing it wrong. Consider me over-analyzing it, but I am here to get actual numbers and facts. I could care less about what it feels like to someone. Numbers prove everything.

I'm truly not going to get into the science behind the guns ratings. I just KNOW that if I fire at a high level enemy with my Atheon for 2 seconds, and then repeat that again with my vanquisher for 2 seconds.... The vanquisher would have killed him but the Atheon will not. It's as simple as that lol. Yall going too deep
But they are still both the same damage, so you can't just say that. I can say that my rocket launcher 1 hit kills everything, but my machine gun doesn't.

It is either hit something 10 times for 200 damage each or hit something 20 times for 100 damage each.

You FEEL like you are killing stuff faster since it takes less bullets, but the other gun can double the output of bullets you are shooting. In essence, they have to do "less damage" than the slow shooters. If they did the same amount of damage as the slower firing guns, then they would be OP and completely wreck everything. It is the trade off you get....slow firing with more impact/damage, or faster shooting and less impact/damage...but in the end you are doing the same amount of damage regardless what you are thinking.

But they are still both the same damage, so you can't just say that. I can say that my rocket launcher 1 hit kills everything, but my machine gun doesn't.

It is either hit something 10 times for 200 damage each or hit something 20 times for 100 damage each.

You FEEL like you are killing stuff faster since it takes less bullets, but the other gun can double the output of bullets you are shooting. In essence, they have to do "less damage" than the slow shooters. If they did the same amount of damage as the slower firing guns, then they would be OP and completely wreck everything. It is the trade off you get....slow firing with more impact/damage, or faster shooting and less impact/damage...but in the end you are doing the same amount of damage regardless what you are thinking.
Or you hit everything with GGhorn and laugh like a maniac. Oh wait, none of y'all know that feel yet. 

roll.gif

Looking for a reliable crew to run some strikes and the raid with this week on Xbox. Tried posting in that thread but everyone's geeking over Halo lately so I thought I'd check here and try and find a reliable crew. Pretty cool to see you PS4 guys got a nice committed group in here tho. Need sum like that for us Xbox guys 

I hate all you level 27+, geared up, void damage having ****** :lol:

*don't be salty, don't be salty*

Screw that, pass me the hateraid.

On a different note. I'm lvl 27 hunter and still haven't raided. Anyone doing normal runs this week mind takeing a raid noob along?

Or you hit everything with GGhorn and laugh like a maniac. Oh wait, none of y'all know that feel yet. 

:rofl:

Why you gotta stunt like that lmao I'll be there soon

If you are going to using feeling vs actual math and science behind the algorithm that calculates damage then you are doing it wrong. Consider me over-analyzing it, but I am here to get actual numbers and facts. I could care less about what it feels like to someone. Numbers prove everything.

The algorithm you're talking about, came from a random redditor too and what he felt. Again the rof between the two guns are not far apart. Atheons is maxed. Id say the vanq is about 10-15% under max.

I'd understand if it shot twice as fast but it doesn't.
I'm done with the convo tho. Some of you are arguing over time as a factor which makes no sense. If I can kill you 4 rounds and you can kill me in 20,unless you shoot 5 times faster than me.... You die first. That's what matters in terms of strength. When I'm challenged by a captain or wizard who kills him first. Very simple

I hate all you level 27+, geared up, void damage having ******
laugh.gif
What level are you, I know probably asked you this 3 times already.

Looking for a reliable crew to run some strikes and the raid with this week on Xbox. Tried posting in that thread but everyone's geeking over Halo lately so I thought I'd check here and try and find a reliable crew. Pretty cool to see you PS4 guys got a nice committed group in here tho. Need sum like that for us Xbox guys 
there are few GT's this list, I would add every single one of them

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eTAnNWuNGzxwdbjx30JGDfN_fiBR8tpue5cSCtgyu2E/edit?pli=1

Memphis the dude that always speak in caps is XBOX guy.

Not guarantees that I will be on tonight. You guys know Wed is normally my "off day" from Destiny
laugh.gif

Let me know if you guys end up running VoG tonight or waiting until tomorrow. You guys were just doing normal mode if you ran it tonight, right?

PM sent.

I have the solar fusion rifle Light/Beware almost maxed.

My homie got the Fatebringer and VoC from the raid last night.
should i max out the light/beware or the praetorian foil first?
Easy.  Praetorian Foil as its equipped with an oracle disruptor which in a necessity in the raid and deals bonus damage to oracles. ...both are solar fusion rifles tho

PM sent.

I have the solar fusion rifle Light/Beware almost maxed.

My homie got the Fatebringer and VoC from the raid last night.

should i max out the light/beware or the praetorian foil first?

Easy.  Praetorian Foil as its equipped with an oracle disruptor which in a necessity in the raid and deals bonus damage to oracles. ...both are solar fusion rifles tho

word good point thanks man

hopefully the perk that decreases charge time makes a difference as well

roll.gif
350x700px-LL-84b7f638_pif-o.gif

I tried to be low key with it until yall started stunting with your void fusion rifles dismantling them in front of me.
Hey I didn't do that! I would never do such a thing
laugh.gif

I just made sure you saw my new ride when we were playing
laugh.gif

I tried to be low key with it until yall started stunting with your void fusion rifles dismantling them in front of me.

Lmao. Weren't you disappointed when you got it as a reward after we did that nightfall? I remember that vividly! And hey I would never dismantle it yet unless I didn't need the energy.

Lmao. Weren't you disappointed when you got it as a reward after we did that nightfall? I remember that vividly! And hey I would never dismantle it yet unless I didn't need the energy.

:lol: I was. I been wanting Last Word for a while. But I was wrong. All hail GGhorn the Almighty.

zero23 zero23 Umm err you aint never been low key with the G-horn ...bruh you been low key rubbing it our faces every since week 2 of Xur selling it, week 2 of destiny which was 9/19, so its been over a month of your rubbing it in our faces, then one day posted the vid composing of an entire fireteam battling Atheon with G-horns, we all been sick every since then ..... not knowing the true power of those damn wolfpack rounds ....I kick myself every time I see someone with a G-Horn as it was for freakin sale, we all could have had one. :smh:

Last edited:
Yea i
zero23 zero23 Umm err you aint never been low key with the G-horn ...bruh you been low key rubbing it our faces every since week 2 of Xur selling it, week 2 of destiny which was 9/19, so its been over a month of your rubbing it in our faces, then one day posted the vid composing of an entire fireteam battling Atheon with G-horns, we all been sick every since then ..... not knowing the true power of those damn wolfpack rounds ....I kick myself every time I see someone with a G-Horn as it was for freakin sale, we all could have had one. :smh:

Yea I picked up the legendary scooter instead smh

Lol I only had it for like three weeks. I didn't buy it from Xur and thought it was just another rocket launcher even when I got it. I just unleashed it on phogoth nightfall wizards last week for the first time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom