Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Used my motes of light and copped the engram and got a helmet... for a Hunter, :stoneface:

Yea it's luck. Out of all the engrams I bought like that, like ~6, I only got 1 for my class. Luckily a lot of the others were double for what I already had in the vault so easy shards.

But buy the chest piece boost, it's more important for right now to get as high a level as possible.

Last edited:
The NT clan has spoken
laugh.gif

No weapon for you. Get that light level and armor up for the better of the group! Then you can raid/nightfall/weekly strike with the rest of us and get more drops anyways.
happy.gif

I haven't worried about a bladedancer since I got invective
laugh.gif

Pocket Finite gets the job done too assuming it charges in time
grin.gif

Gunslinger is a completely different story. Really is no answer for them besides run and hide
mean.gif

So I just read this in regards to the 5th chest in VoG. Even though we beat the Templar without him teleporting, you still have to do something else to make sure the chest does not despawn.
 If one person crosses the threshold for the chest (aka misses it and jumps down to the normal chest), the chest removes itself.
Since the one guy kept dying on the jump after the Templar and we could never really see where his body was, there are 2 scenarios that happened last night for us....

Either they went the spirit bloom chest room and then died all the way at the top and never really made it down and the death cause the despawn.....or......

They didn't see us go in the room, and knew nothing about the room. They went the old way and jumped down the front part and died because they didn't know to use their titan boost. Them dying and them going all the way to the front, caused the chest to despawn.

@Quad and Based4Life, you guys better not miss another raid with us again!
laugh.gif
mean.gif
embarassed.gif

Last edited:
Bout to go on a spending spree with my 70 motes of light and 65 strange coins when I get home from work. Engrams, and a P&T. My luck it will roll the engrams into the same Titan Helmet I've been getting over and over again. Something Light with the flames coming out of it.

Today are some fairly easy bounties btw guys.

If you have multiple characters do as many bounties as you can and equip whatever weapon you want to upgrade fast when turning them in.

Almost at the Patience And Time invisibility upgrade already.

Today are some fairly easy bounties btw guys.

If you have multiple characters do as many bounties as you can and equip whatever weapon you want to upgrade fast when turning them in.

Almost at the Patience And Time invisibility upgrade already.
Wow!

Just looked them up and they all definitely can be knocked out quickly:

Today's Crucible Bounties:
  • Ash and Dust: 15 Rocket Launcher Kills [50/2500]
  • The Wild Hunt: Defeat 25 Hunters [75/3750]
  • Broken Scholar: Defeat 25 Warlocks [75/3750]
  • Headhunter: 50 Headshot Kills [100/5000]
  • Target Practice: 10 Dead Man's Hand medals [100/5000]
  • Death or Glory: Complete 5 Clash Matches [100/5000]
Grab your favorite rocket launcher, hand cannon, and any primary and join the Clash playlist. Three of these bounties are just straight-up grinding. Eventually you'll finish 5 matches and kill 25 Hunters and Warlocks. Once you finish 5 Clashes you can switch playlists.

Rocket Launcher kills are straight-forward. Learn where the heavy ammo drops, learn when it drops, and be there when it shows up. Easy as pie.

If you're up for the challenge, Dead Man's Hand is a medal you get for killing 3 enemies with hand cannon headshots without dying. Do it 10 times and you'll have 30 of the 50 headshot kills you need for Headhunter.

Today's Vanguard Bounties:
  • Patrol Venus: Complete 6 Patrol Missions on Venus [50/2500]
  • Body Dropper: Kill 100 Enemies w/o Dying [50/2500]
  • One for All: Gold Tier in 3 Public Events [100/5000]
  • Walking Tall: Complete a Strike w/o Dying [100/5000]
  • Target Sekrion: Kill Sekrion in the Stike "Nexus" [100/5000]
  • Target Merok, Eir Prince: Kill Merok in the Mission "Sword of Crota" on Heroic [100/5000]

Dark Below Raid Bosses and Strike Ultras/Majors have come out on bungie.net
Source: http://planetdestiny.com/dark-ultrasmajors-confirmed

After a little digging through Bungie’s files, the Dark Below ultra’s and major’s have been unveiled!

[h2]Enemy Names[/h2]
The info below is copy/pasted from Bungie.net - but only the important information is included (removed some miscellaneous info – which you can read on Bungie.net, and highlighted in bold are the actual names.

Major's
  • Gnath, the Diviner“, RaidHiveship0Major0″
  • Cryth, the Siphon“, RaidHiveship0Major1″
  • Noctu, the Lightslayer“, RaidHiveship0Major2″
  • The Wall“, RaidHiveship0Major3″
  • Voldor, the Willkeeper“, RaidHiveship0Major4″
  • Divined Vision“, RaidHiveship0Major5″
  • Dredge Exploder“, RaidHiveship0Major6″
Ultra's
  • Storgor, the Shatterer“, RaidHiveship0Ultra0″
  • The Veil“, RaidHiveship0Ultra1″
  • The Oversoul“,” RaidHiveship0Ultra2″
Will of Crota Strike Boss
  • Omnigul, the Adjunct“,” StrikeCosmo1Major0″

Omnigul is the only new enemy that’s been directly confirmed by Bungie; She is the boss for the “Will of Crota” strike.

We can now assume that this piece of information (from Reddit user FrancisGX) is also correct:

"Crota’s End will take place on a Hive ship. Beating The Oversoul on hardmode has a chance to earn you the Necrochasm, an arc auto-rifle that frequently triggers a cursed thrall explosion on precision kills. Gear obtained in this raid will effectively raise the light level cap to 32."

[h2]Where’s Crota?[/h2]
Interestingly enough, there is no mention of “Crota” anywhere in the file.

The Oversoul will be the last boss we fight in the Crota’s End raid. It appears that Crota is referred to as “The Oversoul” – but that’s just speculation.

So people are saying that the 1st chest does not just give shards/energy. One claims to have gotten raid gloves from it and others are saying different exotics from that first chest as well. I thought it was a shard/energy only chest myself.

So people are saying that the 1st chest does not just give shards/energy. One claims to have gotten raid gloves from it and others are saying different exotics from that first chest as well. I thought it was a shard/energy only chest myself.
Im solo opening the hard mode door to try that today then...
laugh.gif

Last edited:
The chests are random I feel in what the contain. Bungie could have changed the loot table for them so don't take it as fact. Exotics I believe have a chance to be in each chest I believe. Raid specific gear is only off boss/phase completions.

I got raid boots from the first chest 2 weeks ago.

TEK! PT is here!
laugh.gif

What's up with armamentarium and lucky raspberry again? This so wack.
Im bout to EAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

781070941831359304.gif

ahh see I thought you wanted it. Forgot you had both. Was it Tek with the debates over which one is better?
nah. i dont debate which is better. i dont like the icebreaker for the long regen time. i think my final boss is the better go-to solar and the P&T has been on my to cop list. but i definitely argued that the IB wasnt as good as yall said it was. still stand by that too but please lets not bring that up lol. i hear the jimmies bunching already

Back
Top Bottom