Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

^good now to play the game the way it was meant to be played

Looting the cave IS playing the game like it was meant to be played. This is essentially a first person dungeon crawler and farming is a huge part of the game. If the bosses after strike missions dropped loot we'd be farming those instead

any1 trying to run some strikes, add me......PSN: Frostbite

just let me know you're from NT.....get requests everyday from people thinking I'm they're friends...

always some....   "Is this ___?"   or  "Hey its ____ from ____" 
mean.gif

Another noob question sorry

I've only been doing the story mode and the other missions on the planets

Can you gain experience any other way like pvp?

Another noob question sorry

I've only been doing the story mode and the other missions on the planets

Can you gain experience any other way like pvp?
Yea, you can gain experience and level through the crucible. You can also get bounties for in the crucible and help level as well.

Don't feel bad man... I was running with a friend from college last night and someone from his clan joined, was level 26 and never stepped in the crucible :lol:

He had to drop from the group and go do the crucible solo first... He still only had the 1st game type (control) available and he couldn't do it with a group. He said he didn't even have the little crucible shield in the bottom right showing your marks for the week. Man does lvl 26 raids but never stepped foot outside pve, lol

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks farming spawns for loot is a waste of time? Loot cave and other engram spots might be good idea 18-22ish, but after that just buy w/e legendarys your missing w/ marks. These queens mission should make it easier too since it drops a helmet which is expensive marks wise.

I did the farm method like twice(venus spot), other times i stopped by cave for 10 mins or so to see what it was like. Do dailys and public events for shards. Weeklys for coins, grab exotic over weekend. Shouldn't even consider straight farming unless daily/weekly at highest level you can do are done, and you have finished all your bounties for the day.

I'm looking to get this game anybody can give me a link or write a review about this game I hear a ton of mixed reviews from Friends

tried to see if we could get double the legendaries for Queens Wrath by having one person turn in the bounty (letting the other player keep their bounty) and doing the Queens Wrath mission together , but only the person who turned in the bounty got the legendary drop

My bad to who was running the headshot bounties with me, i was off a senzu bean last night

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks farming spawns for loot is a waste of time? Loot cave and other engram spots might be good idea 18-22ish, but after that just buy w/e legendarys your missing w/ marks. These queens mission should make it easier too since it drops a helmet which is expensive marks wise.

I did the farm method like twice(venus spot), other times i stopped by cave for 10 mins or so to see what it was like. Do dailys and public events for shards. Weeklys for coins, grab exotic over weekend. Shouldn't even consider straight farming unless daily/weekly at highest level you can do are done, and you have finished all your bounties for the day.
Yea I feel you on that. I have been to the cave a couple times as well as that one spot in Venus. Like you said Around 20-22 I did this for the most part. The only time I would go there now, is to farm for drops to purposely dismantle for the scraps to upgrade other things. I am on to needing Ascendant Shards and farming Mars for Relic Iron now though. I need like 100+ iron
sick.gif
mean.gif

I bought the boots and gloves from the Crucible vendor since I could afford both of them instead of just buying the helm until I played more after the weekly reset. I am glad I did since the chest/helm was the first night for the Queen and her quests. I ran the quests 2 times last night and got lucky enough to get the chest and helm to complete my armor....for now. Going to do some either tonight or tomorrow and see what pieces are dropping and how they compare to the Crucible gear.

tried to see if we could get double the legendaries for Queens Wrath by having one person turn in the bounty (letting the other player keep their bounty) and doing the Queens Wrath mission together , but only the person who turned in the bounty got the legendary drop
After completing the bounties, you get a mark for each one you complete. Those marks are how you can actually do the quests and be eligible for the quest reward. I joined in and was helping some friends of mine with like 3-4 of the quests and I never got anything. As soon as I turned in the 5 bounties and for the marks, I started getting rewards.

While running with @ning726 last night on the Venus mission killing Draksis, I got a legendary engram from a random Drekk we killed. It ended up turning into the Doctor Nope assault rifle
nthat.gif

Just Sunday I was level 22 and had no legendary items on my Warlock....everything Legendary always turned into a Titan only piece
mad.gif
. At least I know my 2nd character will be a Titan and will be stacked once he gets to 20
laugh.gif

http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/2/4611686018430560134/2305843009217656364#gear

I hit rank 2 with the Crucible and bought 2 armor pieces, got The Comedian shotgun from an engram from a Crucible match and then got the last pieces from the Queen and her quests, and then the assault rifle engram last night as well. It has been a good 2 days for me with the luck. That means I won't get **** until around Halloween time
roll.gif

Shout out to @ning726 with the late night fire team all the time too
nthat.gif
. I figured you are on PST since you are on so late. I am EST so I am hurting most of the time when I have to get up for work the next day, lol. I usually just hang around because I know the newborn will be up for that late night bottle anyways and the wife gets up at 4am
laugh.gif

My bad to who was running the headshot bounties with me, i was off a senzu bean last night
What happened?

nerd.gif

I started out farming those 200 head shots, but if you actually just use a Pulse Rifle and aim for the head, and complete the 2 boss kill bounties, you could get fairly close just that way. I had about 37 head shots before those 2 bounties and after running the boss kill mission 3 times for me and Ning, I only needed about 25 more. I just went to "The Cave" and killed the Fallen that surround the cave waiting to fight....then shot into the cave for 15 minutes or so for stuff to break down, lol

^GGs man. Msg me and inv again tonight when U're running a Queen's bounty story mission, I still need that legendary helmet.

^GGs man. Msg me and inv again tonight when U're running a Queen's bounty story mission, I still need that legendary helmet.
Definitely man. What is your PSN or are you Ning and I tagged the wrong name?
laugh.gif

If so, it sucks that you got 2 chest pieces. At least the stats and stuff can be different on them and not the same ones.

Wait wait wait.....

You can only have 1 exotic on a character at 1 time? Kind of lame, but I guess I understand. Don't want someone rolling around with all exotics destroying everything.

Anyone up playing tonight? I'm a 23, but hardly ever get matched up with players in a strike. Going alone sucks. Been playing a strike for an hour & can't pass it. PSN is same as my NT name.

Last edited:
I keep re rolling the queens wrath earth mission it bybfar the easiest to complete . It the one where kill dark archon already got hat and robe fornwarlock the doubls inhet i broke down

Got my first legendary. It's a machine gun called Zombie Apocalypse. I would've preferred armor but beggars can't be choosers :\

Back
Top Bottom