Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

I came to the conclusion that HAWKMOON is my fav. exotic hands down. I still want G-Horn but it will never replace my exotic slot where Hawkmoon currently resides.

I thought Thorn was the one when I first started using it but Hawkmoon straight up hits like a Mac Truck with no breaks. Plus it sounds insane when you fire it.

13 shots in the clip is OD. I hope it never gets nerfed.

HOLDING ACES tho son.... Im from Vegas so Hawkmoon got sentimental value to me.
pimp.gif
I thought the same thing. Then I used a full maxed Ballerhorn and never turned back. At 331, you will quickly forget any other weapon for pve. Pvp thorn or hawkmoon is a must. One Ballerhorn shot and a couple fatebringer hits and crota shield is down. If you want you can shoot two rockets to be quick and his shield is down.
i'm never going to get a gghorn. i've accepted that

I came to the conclusion that HAWKMOON is my fav. exotic hands down. I still want G-Horn but it will never replace my exotic slot where Hawkmoon currently resides.

I thought Thorn was the one when I first started using it but Hawkmoon straight up hits like a Mac Truck with no breaks. Plus it sounds insane when you fire it.

HOLDING ACES tho son.... Im from Vegas so Hawkmoon got sentimental value to me. :pimp:

I thought the same thing. Then I used a full maxed Ballerhorn and never turned back. At 331, you will quickly forget any other weapon for pve. Pvp thorn or hawkmoon is a must. One Ballerhorn shot and a couple fatebringer hits and crota shield is down. If you want you can shoot two rockets to be quick and his shield is down.

i'm never going to get a gghorn. i've accepted that

Tek got one this week. There's always hope!!!

I aint getting the Gally tho. I've accepted that. Bungie must think I'm too OP. :lol:

The only issue I have with any exotic rocket launcher is that it's only good for bosses pretty much. With the Hawkmoon I can atleast have a hard hitting primary that I can use the whole map and will never become obsolete to DLC content(See fatebringer). Fatebringer is still really good for now but once House Of Wolves comes out were talking about weapons that will probably hit at 360-400.

I'm still getting used to the Hawkmoon but without even perfecting my handles on it... I really think this is my ****.

Last edited:

I aint getting the Gally tho. I've accepted that. Bungie must think I'm too OP. :lol:

The only issue I have with any exotic rocket launcher is that it's only good for bosses pretty much. With the Hawkmoon I can atleast have a hard hitting primary that I can use the whole map and will never become obsolete to DLC content(See fatebringer). Fatebringer is still really good for now but once House Of Wolves comes out were talking about weapons that will probably hit at 360-400.

I'm still getting used to the Hawkmoon but without even perfecting my handles on it... I really think this is my ****.

You Bos and Biggie are due for one. Rooting for yall to finally get one. Fatebringer is good for now but once Hard Mode Crota drops we will have new legendary raid primaries. Dat word of Crota Doe. It will be mine in due time. The new raid primaries will take over for the old ones and we will be good. The Ballerhorn is just that damn good.

@Gabe
Lol... naw we're trying to beat it legit.

wrightone86 wrightone86
For my setup I go with suros, ldr 5001 sniper,valedictorian since its the strongest launcher I got with tracking. Others use truth, and some machine gun not sure what. The swordbearer does hide however by the time we get his shield down the swordbearer only has a few seconds left with the sword. It takes us that long to get him down. We have someone sniping.

Timing might be off somewhere. To me it sounds like he is taking hits from you guys while his shield is down. If that's the case it makes his shield go right back up in seconds.

Just gotta figure out what combo works with your group. Groups I've run with it'll take 1 gjally and 2 Hezen vengeance shots to down him.

But if everyone on the team is going crazy and shooting him, chances are he is taking hits after his shield is down, which brings him right back up with the quickness.

Last edited:
@Gabe
Lol... naw we're trying to beat it legit.

wrightone86 wrightone86
For my setup I go with suros, ldr 5001 sniper,valedictorian since its the strongest launcher I got with tracking. Others use truth, and some machine gun not sure what. The swordbearer does hide however by the time we get his shield down the swordbearer only has a few seconds left with the sword. It takes us that long to get him down. We have someone sniping.

Timing might be off somewhere. To me it sounds like he is taking hits from you guys while his shield is down. If that's the case it makes his shield go right back up in seconds.

Just gotta figure out what combo works with your group. Groups I've run with it'll take 1 gjally and 2 Hezen vengeance shots to down him.

But if everyone on the team is going crazy and shooting him, chances are he is taking hits after his shield is down, which brings him right back up with the quickness.
yeah I think that's what it is. Once we get him down, I'll sometimes see shots being fired so it could be that. I would like to do a crota raid with some nters on here just that my work schedule is different than some of you guys.

HOLDING ACES tho son.... Im from Vegas so Hawkmoon got sentimental value to me.
pimp.gif
yes it will...

I just need the nightfall on my Titan alt. might get it out the way before partuing tonight. Anyone want in?

Back
Top Bottom