Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

In fact, isn't an integral part of the Crota HM encounter about chaining Specials to keep on producing orbs to heal
laugh.gif

Theres no difference in chaining supers to kill/win in PVP
u really defending unlimited specials in pvp asking how its broken? you trolling me right?

Aint watch that special chaining vid but thats not an exploit thats skill more than anything. I ran skirmish against 3 bladedancers that did this and I couldnt even hate on it. Anyways I'll be on at 7pm est if anyone wants to run Crota. I need 8 shards to get to 32...

u really defending unlimited specials in pvp asking how its broken? you trolling me right?

No troll.

Its strategy and domination. When I run with a full team of 6 we do this (or try too). Its not a exploit or cheese in any sense. Use your Super, call out where your orbs drop, teammate picks up orbs.. rinse and repeat. It's a one sided discussion, because if you're on the wrong end you will feel like its broken, but on the winning side you won't be complaining.

Agreed. Damn I forgot that the chest produces more orbs. Guess I should bring it for HM Crota

I need it too. @illsupra got it from a NF, we ran Crucible and the amount of orbs it drops is crazy, even in PvE.. great for chaining those supers.

No troll.

Its strategy and domination. When I run with a full team of 6 we do this (or try too). Its not a exploit or cheese in any sense. Use your Super, call out where your orbs drop, teammate picks up orbs.. rinse and repeat. It's a one sided discussion, because if you're on the wrong end you will feel like its broken, but on the winning side you won't be complaining.
I need it too. @illsupra got it from a NF, we ran Crucible and the amount of orbs it drops is crazy, even in PvE.. great for chaining those supers.
yall wilin. of course picking up orbs is good strategy. its a whole different story when u can hunker down and have UNLIMITED specials. 3 blade dancers cant have unlimited orbs. because blade dancers can be killed, fairly easily. theres no way to kill anyone inside of THREE different titan shields protected by 2 golden guns with unlimited ammo. 

exchanging 5 or 6 orbs at a time isnt a cheat. sitting on a mine of 20+orbs inside an impenetrable base is. Its broken, just like they said it is. Nobody can kill them unless theres GROSS error on their part. I mean... 51 k/d... cmon.

And yall see me in crucible. I'm nowhere near a scrub, so its not like im saying this cuz im a victim of it. This is just a gamebreaking exploit
Aint watch that special chaining vid but thats not an exploit thats skill more than anything. I ran skirmish against 3 bladedancers that did this and I couldnt even hate on it. Anyways I'll be on at 7pm est if anyone wants to run Crota. I need 8 shards to get to 32...

Last edited:
No lie they need to nerf that. **** don't even look fun on either side of the spectrum. And I've never complained about nerfing anything but that just looks ******ed. :lol:

Easy solution would be that supers dont drop orbs in PvP. There's no reason scrubs who cant get their kills up should be popping supers off without earning them. Just my opinion.

I remember getting chained golden gunned against those 6 Hunters and wanted to just quit right off the bat once the first 2 chains started. Hunters are really overpowered for Crucible, they aren't as great for raids though so it does balance out.

I don't see a problem in terms of chaining supers as it does take skills. If I went against a team like this I would honestly just try to chill back and let them try to come at me. We usually gain a significant lead in the beginning anyway when we group up. Force them to start the hand and let them try to move together as a team, you can just cap the next node over.

No lie they need to nerf that. **** don't even look fun on either side of the spectrum. And I've never complained about nerfing anything but that just looks ******ed.
laugh.gif

Easy solution would be that supers dont drop orbs in PvP. There's no reason scrubs who cant get their kills up should be popping supers off without earning them. Just my opinion.
word on them needing to nerf it. i dont care a bout weak dudes getting supers. they all die the same before the fire nation feel me? 
laugh.gif

I remember getting chained golden gunned against those 6 Hunters and wanted to just quit right off the bat once the first 2 chains started. Hunters are really overpowered for Crucible, they aren't as great for raids though so it does balance out.

I don't see a problem in terms of chaining supers as it does take skills. If I went against a team like this I would honestly just try to chill back and let them try to come at me. We usually gain a significant lead in the beginning anyway when we group up. Force them to start the hand and let them try to move together as a team, you can just cap the next node over.
i dont think ur seeing the difference here tho. this isnt 6 unarmored blade dancers or golden gunners running around. its a mobile, IMPENETRABLE shield...surrounded by golden guns. even if you killed the golden guns, u cant penetrate the shield. u cant win off captures alone u know that. and the golden gunners would respawn, grab more orbs and be right back at it. this is crota when his shield regenerates after 1 hit. except instead of crotas sword, u have 2 EXTENDED RANGE golden guns. and instead of the shield taking a hit...their shield doesn't deplete at all. theres nothing you can do against THIS strategy.

Last edited:
yall wilin. of course picking up orbs is good strategy. its a whole different story when u can hunker down and have UNLIMITED specials. 3 blade dancers cant have unlimited orbs. because blade dancers can be killed, fairly easily. theres no way to kill anyone inside of THREE different titan shields protected by 2 golden guns with unlimited ammo. 

exchanging 5 or 6 orbs at a time isnt a cheat. sitting on a mine of 20+orbs inside an impenetrable base is. Its broken, just like they said it is. Nobody can kill them unless theres GROSS error on their part. I mean... 51 k/d... cmon.

And yall see me in crucible. I'm nowhere near a scrub, so its not like im saying this cuz im a victim of it. This is just a gamebreaking exploit

I don't think you understand whats happening in that video.. there are 4 Titans running defender with Gift of Void, Untouchable (assumption) and probably the Alpha Lupi chest to get 3 orbs per bubble. Thats 12 Orbs with 4 bubbles and 2 Hunters getting 1-2 orbs per golden gun kill. Its simple chaining :lol: 1 Titan can pick up 9 orbs just from the teammates bubbles (thats an instant new bubble or pick up an orb or 2 from the Golden Gun kill), the others can keep doing the same, and the Hunters just clean up.

Warlocks could of Nova bombed their bubbles, but they were probably none in the game or they were wack.

Last edited:

Then it would become a game where it's "do you have a Gjallarhorn?" If they said no they wouldn't even be considered, and if they had one well then maybe they are good enough.

IT ALREADY IS THAT GAME. IT'S THE NUMBER ONE QUESTION I'M ASKED WHEN JOINING UP TO RUN THE RAID OR A NIGHTFALL.
Man 
mean.gif

@Quad Jr  this the X-Mayne 
roll.gif
Man i love loiter squad.

That joe buddens episode

earl-sweatshirt-joe-budden-loiter-squad-season-3-trailer-video-main.jpeg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Anyway got a HM crota checkpoint that Id like to complete before the refresh.

I can get on whenever folks trying to scheme

Last edited:
I don't think you understand whats happening in that video.. there are 4 Titans running defender with Gift of Void, Untouchable (assumption) and probably the Alpha Lupi chest to get 3 orbs per bubble. Thats 12 Orbs with 4 bubbles and 2 Hunters getting 1-2 orbs per golden gun kill. Its simple chaining
laugh.gif
1 Titan can pick up 9 orbs just from the teammates bubbles, the others can keep doing the same, and the Hunters just clean up.

Warlocks could of Nova bombed their bubbles, but they were probably none in the game or they were wack.
i dont think u watched the whole video. lol dude dropped a 3 piece novabomb on it at one point. it broke one shield....there were still 2 standing. not to mention they get way more than 3 orbs per bubble. my defender isnt even leveled yet and i spawn 2 orbs with no armor perks. from the looks of the floor in that video, theyre spawning anywhere from 4-7 orbs each, not counting the golden gun kills

i dont think u watched the whole video. lol dude dropped a 3 piece novabomb on it at one point. it broke one shield....there were still 2 standing. not to mention they get way more than 3 orbs per bubble. my defender isnt even leveled yet and i spawn 2 orbs with no armor perks. from the looks of the floor in that video, theyre spawning anywhere from 4-7 orbs each, not counting the golden gun kills
Bladedancer wave goes through shields. Could've wiped all the titans out if someone were a hunter. 

Bladedancer wave goes through shields. Could've wiped all the titans out if someone were a hunter. 
thats like trying to sneak up on someone in a completely empty room. there are 4 lookouts, with 2 roaming 1-hit kill guards circling the shield. exactly how does one get past 2 golden gunners, in an open area, to use their special against 4 other (still armed) titans? the blade dancer would have to dodge EIGHT golden gun shots, kill both of the golden gunners, run up on the titans (while the titans stand there NOT shooting) and then use his special. 

...in which case theyd respawn and start the process all over. or just go back to the same spot, reup on orbs and start over.

Just tried to do the VoG hard with a bunch of randoms the glitches were just :smh: :x

Originally Posted by Gabe  \

laugh.gif
 thats like saying a titan couldve just fist of havoc inside the enemy bubble.  

My thing is I never liked how easy it was to get a super in PvP anyways. It makes no sense.

No matter how bad you're doing you'll always get at least 2-3 per match.

Obtaining one isn't really based on skill. I think it should be a reward tied to personal score.

Every 1000 points you get a super. Or it could be a killstreak. Just don't give it away.

:rofl: bruh

A titan bubble is not dropping 4-7 orbs.

2 standard, maybe 3 with chest piece.

In response to that video I posted in here yesterday:

Hey, there. Let me attempt to clear some things up here.

Xur is randomized. There are times when we can pull off miracles like making him stay in the Tower longer when Christmas is cancelled, but his inventory is governed by the same chaos that influences all the loot drops.

Comments in that video about "the plan" were more about the fact that we know what he's selling before he appears, even if we can't reach out and stock his shelves ourselves. We set him in motion, and his will is not his own.

Also in that video, you can hear me confessing that I'm not always in the loop when it comes to these things, so you should take pre-game lobby comments among friends with a grain of salt. That video was from months ago, and I was still learning the intricacies of all the new systems that we launched with the game.

These conspiracy theories are symptoms of a burning desire. Gjallarhorn is the most popular ask that comes my way. I know you want it, even more than the collective requests for more vault space. As you can see, these are things that are beyond my control. I don't have one either.

I'll do my best to talk to the people who create the code that drives Xur, and see if we can make him more valuable to you in the future.

-DeeJ

My thing is I never liked how easy it was to get a super in PvP anyways. It makes no sense.
Obtaining one isn't really based on skill. I think it should be a reward tied to personal score.
Every 1000 points you get a super. Or it could be a killstreak. Just don't give it away.

I agree, or have to stay alive for a certain period of time. I mean as a titan, I only use my super as a panic button or to clear an entire point in control. I especially like killing bladedancers, golden guns, and titan bubbles :lol:

At titan ONLY drops more bubbles if you spec it spawn more as the bubble takes damage ONLY. Or if you spec to drops orbs when you melee kill or get kills with Heavy weapons. That is the ONLY way it works but in that case your bubble lasts about 30 seconds.

Last edited:

i imagine thats how a Hardcore option would play out.

I agree... I believe there is a "hardcore" playlist coming with the new DLC.. which has no tracking rockets, no supers, etc..

Reactions: Ube

laugh.gif
 thats like saying a titan couldve just fist of havoc inside the enemy bubble.  

thats like trying to sneak up on someone in a completely empty room. there are 4 lookouts, with 2 roaming 1-hit kill guards circling the shield. exactly how does one get past 2 golden gunners, in an open area, to use their special against 4 other (still armed) titans? the blade dancer would have to dodge EIGHT golden gun shots, kill both of the golden gunners, run up on the titans (while the titans stand there NOT shooting) and then use his special. 

...in which case theyd respawn and start the process all over. or just go back to the same spot, reup on orbs and start over.
Crouch to invis. Get off the radar. 

roll.gif
 those dudes are all in a single fireteam.  Thats 12 eyes looking around and 6 dudes communicating, nobody is getting close to those bubbles especially if you slow *** crouching your way there.  Crouch don't take you off the radar either, you still blink red.

Last edited:

Crouch to invis. Get off the radar. 
u do know crouch to invis doesnt last long right? and like dude said, 12 eyes on the lookout for nobody EXCEPT you. they gonna see that shiny blue coming from a mile away. i can just imagine whoever tries this. gets about 30ft from a golden gunner and the invis runs out. all u see is a gloohoo hunter crouching bout to catch ALL the work

Ehhh I'll watch the vid to see if it as horrible as it now sounds and ihust1e ihust1e mind carrying me thru HM crota then :lol:
I just need to run crota in general. Hoping for 8 shards and a leg piece for my hunter :/

Finally got an HoC!!! :D

Right after we beat Crota, jumped into the HM VoG. Finished the Oracles and received TWO Praetorian Foils.... That's right, Bungie gave me two of the same gun, in the same drop... :smh:

Back
Top Bottom