Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Finally got an HoC!!! :D

Right after we beat Crota, jumped into the HM VoG. Finished the Oracles and received TWO Praetorian Foils.... That's right, Bungie gave me two of the same gun, in the same drop... :smh:

That's literally the rarest gun in VoG :lol: Be happy.

DON'T SEE HOW THAT TITAN ORB STATEGY WOULD WORK IN CONTROL AGAINST A GOOD TEAM.

WHICHEVER CONTROL POINT THEY GRAB FIRST AND HUNKER DOWN AT, GO GRAB THE OTHER TWO POINTS AND PROCEED TO WIN THE MATCH.

WHICHEVER CONTROL POINT THEY GRAB FIRST AND HUNKER DOWN AT, GO GRAB THE OTHER TWO POINTS AND PROCEED TO WIN THE MATCH.
do u guys even know how to play crucible? no disrespect but a few of u have said or implied that u can win by capturing a base and waiting. yall do know bases dont accumulate points over time right? theyre essentially kill score multipliers.

Last edited:

do u guys even know how to play crucible? no disrespect but a few of u have said or implied that u can win by capturing a base and waiting. yall do know bases dont accumulate points over time right? theyre essentially kill score multipliers.

I'M NOT SURE YOU PLAY CRUCIBLE. YOU DO KNOW THAT YOU CAPTURING A CONTROL POINT GIVES POINTS FOR EVERY SINGLE PERSON STANDING IN THE CONTROL POINT RIGHT? SO IF THIS TEAM OF TITANS AND THEIR HUNTERS GO TO POINT A AND GET POINTS FOR CAPPING IT AND HUNKERS THE OTHER TEAM GOES TO POINT B AND C AND GET POINTS AT EACH CONTROL POINT, THEY WILL HAVE MORE POINTS THAN THE TITAN TEAM. AS LONG AS THEY STAY AT THEIR POINTS AWAY FROM THE TITAN TEAM, THEY WILL NOT GET KILLED. WHEN TIME EXPIRES THEY WILL WIN THE MATCH.

HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POINTS ACCUMULATING OVER TIME. DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE YOU GOT THAT OUT OF MY STATEMENT.

DO YOU EVEN DESTINY?

Last edited:
I'M NOT SURE YOU PLAY CRUCIBLE. YOU DO KNOW THAT YOU CAPTURING A CONTROL POINT GIVES POINTS FOR EVERY SINGLE PERSON STANDING IN THE CONTROL POINT RIGHT? SO IF THIS TEAM OF TITANS AND THEIR HUNTERS GO TO POINT A AND GET POINTS FOR CAPPING IT AND HUNKERS THE OTHER TEAM GOES TO POINT B AND C AND GET POINTS AT EACH CONTROL POINT, THEY WILL HAVE MORE POINTS THAN THE TITAN TEAM. AS LONG AS THEY STAY AT THEIR POINTS AWAY FROM THE TITAN TEAM, THEY WILL NOT GET KILLED. WHEN TIME EXPIRES THEY WILL WIN THE MATCH.

HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POINTS ACCUMULATING OVER TIME. DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE YOU GOT THAT OUT OF MY STATEMENT.

DO YOU EVEN DESTINY?

Yup, this is exactly how I would attempt to play them. As soon as 6 of them try to roll point B I'd fall back to C and A with the team and not even allowing them to get kills.

There is a reason you are the only hunter we have in the raid
laugh.gif

Not to mention, non of us even have a hunter alt. NOT EVEN ONE!!!
roll.gif
It's because none of you can handle it. How do you mask being a trash player when you can't respawn? By having a self revive or an insta-health bubble. True story. 

Hunter Master Class. Believe that. 

DO YOU EVEN DESTINY?

Yup, this is exactly how I would attempt to play them. As soon as 6 of them try to roll point B I'd fall back to C and A with the team and not even allowing them to get kills.

EXACTLY. THEY WILL BE FORCED TO LEAVE THEIR PROTECTION IF THEY WANT TO WIN OR GET KILLS. AGAIN, THIS IS FOR CONTROL. IN CLASH, THERE WOULD BE NO WAY TO WIN REALLY UNLESS THEY OTHER TEAM ARE BOSSES AND MURKS THEM ENOUGH TIMES AT THE BEGINNING OF THE MATCH BEFORE THE TITANS SUPERS COME UP. ONCE THAT HAPPENS, YOU JUST FALL BACK, STAY AWAY, AND WAIT THEM OUT.

THIS WILL ONLY WORK WITH A GOOD TEAM. AGAINST RANDOMS THEY WILL BE GODS AMONG MEN.

It's because none of you can handle it. How do you mask being a trash player when you can't respawn? By having a self revive or an insta-health bubble. True story. 

lol every class has it's "oh **** danger" ability.. yall go invis by crouching or from taking damage, the latter is cute :wow:

DO YOU EVEN DESTINY?
This doesn't work. All they would have to do is keep moving the bubble colony over. Your puny 300 max points for 6 players capping a spawn is all done when all 6 of the control point campers get imploded by a golden gun. You saw how simple it was for them to get kills when those dudes just sat at C in the video. It doesn't work that way. The moving bubble colony is almighty. 

lol every class has it's "oh **** danger" ability.. yall go invis by crouching or from taking damage, the latter is cute
embarassed.gif
Our Oh **** danger ability is pop a golden gun and blow everyone up. Or blade dance away. DPS DPS DPS>

DO YOU EVEN DESTINY?

This doesn't work. All they would have to do is keep moving the bubble colony over. Your puny 300 max points for 6 players capping a spawn is all done when all 6 of the control point campers get imploded by a golden gun. You saw how simple it was for them to get kills when those dudes just sat at C in the video. It doesn't work that way. The moving bubble colony is almighty. 

WITH A GOOD TEAM, YOU CAN JUST ROTATE AS THEY ROTATE. AND IT'S 600 POINTS FOR TWO POINTS WHILE THEY CONTROL ONLY 1. WHO'S GONNA JUST STAND THERE WHEN THEY SEE A TITAN SHOW UP AND DROP A SHIELD? ROTATE TO THE NEXT POINT THEY ARE NOT AT WHEN YOU SEE THEM COMING. BASICALLY JUST PLAY KEEP AWAY.

DO YOU EVEN DESTINY?

WITH A GOOD TEAM, YOU CAN JUST ROTATE AS THEY ROTATE. AND IT'S 600 POINTS FOR TWO POINTS WHILE THEY CONTROL ONLY 1. WHO'S GONNA JUST STAND THERE WHEN THEY SEE A TITAN SHOW UP AND DROP A SHIELD? ROTATE TO THE NEXT POINT THEY ARE NOT AT WHEN YOU SEE THEM COMING. BASICALLY JUST PLAY KEEP AWAY.
In theory you are right. In actual crucible gameplay, it will never work this way. Even if the bubble colony didn't move all it would take is a golden gunner to get blessings of light and full super, run to the control point, pop golden gun, shoot 1-2 guardians from cover, then run back, then rinse and repeat. The kills would eventually outweigh the spawn camp game.

Also, even the dudes in the video were saying a striker titan with the smash could take this colony out. Even opposing golden gunners. All it would take is coordination. 2 Golden Gun shots take out a Titan Bubble. With the Symbiote helm you get 4 shots. So there goes two bubbles. If you had 3 hunters, you would not only take out the bubbles but also take out the guardians since they are just sitting there. Then have a striker go in and smash. Or just have like 3 or 4 strikers with that shockwave thing after the smash just take out the whole thing. There's a counter for this too. It's just as hard to do it as actually doing this strategy. Gotta have a coordinated team. It's def doable though. 

DO YOU EVEN DESTINY?

In theory you are right. In actual crucible gameplay, it will never work this way. Even if the bubble colony didn't move all it would take is a golden gunner to get blessings of light and full super, run to the control point, pop golden gun, shoot 1-2 guardians from cover, then run back, then rinse and repeat. The kills would eventually outweigh the spawn camp game.

Also, even the dudes in the video were saying a striker titan with the smash could take this colony out. Even opposing golden gunners. All it would take is coordination. 2 Golden Gun shots take out a Titan Bubble. With the Symbiote helm you get 4 shots. So there goes two bubbles. If you had 3 hunters, you would not only take out the bubbles but also take out the guardians since they are just sitting there. Then have a striker go in and smash. Or just have like 3 or 4 strikers with that shockwave thing after the smash just take out the whole thing. There's a counter for this too. It's just as hard to do it as actually doing this strategy. Gotta have a coordinated team. It's def doable though. 

EXACTLY. WHICH IS WHAT I WAS GETTING AT. THERE IS DEF COUNTERS TO THIS. JUST TAKES A GOOD COORDINATED TEAM.

You nailed it. With coordination there isn't a threat.

I think one of the biggest things to take away from that video is the power of the right classes paired together in a 6 man vocal fireteam. They were probably playing randoms, with no communication (no one uses in game voice chat, since most people are in PSN parties or XBL Chats). Hence the lack of coordination.

Last edited:
Eventually the bubble colony, I really like this term :lol: , would run out of supers and thus bubbles if they kept rotating. It wouldn't be as bad as it seems I feel. If you have a coordinated team of 6 it's easy to counter just like you put as well Zero and Bos.

But this always went for any FPS with some sort of perks and abilities. A group would roll pickups any day of the week.

The issue is the bubble colony not chaining the supers. They team couldn't get through the 4 bubbles and with the Hunters sniping them there was nothing that could be done. You would need to have another coordinated clan take them out. Ain't PUG in Crucible ever going to beat them.

The whole "don't mess with them and just cap the other 2 points WILL NOT WORK in the long run. You realize there are videos where people intentionally do not cap any of the 3 flag and win the game just by getting kills? You heard them saying that they were going to wait to get blind watch map and cover that "B flag" area with the shields.

word this would NOT work. their kills would outmatch your caps TOO quickly. even if you had all 3 spawns capped, the colony moves, gets 5 kills or so and has eradicated your lead. now u have to kill them to recover the lead. not happening.

youre not factoring in the bubble huddle's players at all in this. ur assuming the titans AND golden gunners are sitting still in this example.

factors -

4 titan bubbles

2 golden shots to break a bubble

assume 4 shots per golden gunner (on both teams)

assume opposing team has 3 hunters (12 golden shots)

lets play:

4 bubbles up

3 op hunters rush bubbles

get into firefight with 2 camping (and shielded) golden gunners

possibilities:

EVERYONE misses all 4 shots - bubble huddle hunters instantly get full special again and win.

bubble hunters win from camping advantage

bubble hunters get surprised and op hunters lose 1 - op hunters now have at most 6 shots to take down 4 bubbles. DOESNT WORK

bubble hunters miss every shot and op hunters take no losses - now it becomes possible to take the bubbles out. but...taking the shield out, while theyre standing on orbsmeans they instantly get their bubble right back. shield everlasting. game over.

the only way this plan works is if the 2 satellite golden gunners completely miss every shot. while the other 3 golden gunners kill them, then break the bubbles, and a perfectly timed titan (who doesnt get killed by the other 4  BUFFED titans) smash lands in  between the bubble dropping....and the new one popping up

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom