Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

It feels like devs don't game anymore, they just code all day cuz simple solutions like that to make a game more fun isn't used. I have so many Visions from VOG, I prob get one every playtrough, multiple Vex, IB TL smh

It feels like devs don't game anymore, they just code all day cuz simple solutions like that to make a game more fun isn't used. I have so many Visions from VOG, I prob get one every playtrough, multiple Vex, IB TL smh
Biggie play everyday, with the exception being weekends.  
ohwell.gif

Yea I was about to say Biggie.....

The whole devs don't play anymore and just code.

So he said "Biggie plays everyday"

laugh.gif

I hope I'm using that terminology right
laugh.gif
. But in short they're making them better, because no one uses.

https://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Weapon-Tuning/en/News/News?aid=12557
Yea you used it right
laugh.gif

I was more geared toward excitement of them actually making it/them a viable weapon to use. Right now, the only 2 worth toting around are Red Death and the CE raid one.

I am going to have to make sure the Red Death is leveled by the update so I can try it out. I have a couple others I maxed out since they were the first 331 weapons I got. One actually has glass half full on it too, so I am curious to see how that one will perform after the update.

This is very interesting:

Seems like they will be trying to balance weapons out. They wonder why auto rifles are used to much, then continue to put the Iron Banner bounty for headshots with Auto Rifles. Really? Change it to Pulse and see the Pulse usage increase. It's very simple Bungie....

Looks like Shotguns on NPC's get a 2x damage buff too. Very interesting. Might be worth using them now in The Abyss.

Yea you used it right :lol:

I was more geared toward excitement of them actually making it/them a viable weapon to use. Right now, the only 2 worth toting around are Red Death and the CE raid one.

I am going to have to make sure the Red Death is leveled by the update so I can try it out. I have a couple others I maxed out since they were the first 331 weapons I got. One actually has glass half full on it too, so I am curious to see how that one will perform after the update.

Yeah I gotta get that sucker to drop too! I'd Xurtainly be fine with buying it on a Friday though.

Last edited:
This is very interesting:

Seems like they will be trying to balance weapons out. They wonder why auto rifles are used to much, then continue to put the Iron Banner bounty for headshots with Auto Rifles. Really? Change it to Pulse and see the Pulse usage increase. It's very simple Bungie....

Looks like Shotguns on NPC's get a 2x damage buff too. Very interesting. Might be worth using them now in The Abyss.

Not only that but are for the less skilled player who doesn't have quick aim and relexes. They can just spray and pray so of course they will be used more by the average player.

Last edited:
Yeah I gotta get that sucker to drop too! I'd Xurtainly be fine with buying it on a Friday though, too.
I lucked out and got one last week the day before I got my Hawkmoon
nthat.gif

Just haven't leveled it since I have been leveling the raid weapons and the Hawkmoon though, lol

I lucked out and got one last week the day before I got my Hawkmoon :nthat:

Just haven't leveled it since I have been leveling the raid weapons and the Hawkmoon though, lol

That's great, man!

Yeah, there is so much grind other than just the weekly stuff, especially when you start gettin the stuff to drop that you been wanting to drop.

The more we talk about guns, the more of them I realize I haven't gotten to fall from the sky yet: Red Death, Fate B, Hawk, Vex, Gjally. This week has been good to me so far with drops, so I'm hoping this 5 hour jaunt tonight is full of treasures.

Last edited:
Pulse Rifle:

Increase base damage of Pulse Rifles by 9.7%. DPS is now more in line with other primaries
Blast pattern on a Fusion Rifle burst cone is a little wider

Close to medium range volleys are largely unaffected, but at a distance the projectiles are less likely to land hits on a single target

This reduces the reliability of landing a one hit kill at far range, and makes the weapon better at spreading damage into a group Initial starting ammo is reduced across all ammo stats.

This is change primarily affects The Crucible

Starting a Crucible match, you’ll have less Fusion Rifle ammo in reserve

In PvE activities we persistently track your ammo. We only use initial ammo values if you are logging in for the first time, or starting a Crucible match

>announces auto rifle nerf

>lower fire rate auto rifles get the hardest parts of the nerf as stated

>xur sells suros tmrw
Sounds about right
laugh.gif
mean.gif

At least I will finally have one though, right?
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif
tired.gif
indifferent.gif

Nerfing Fusion Rifles & Auto Rifles? :x Autos arent even all that strong especially the new ones so whats the point of that and in Crucible if you miss with your fusion rifle, you're basically dead. So that is actually even. Buffing Pulse rifles however I can agree on, most Pulse rifles suck except Red Death, Bad Juju & that new crucible one Three Little Words. All in all Im starting to get tired of this game and this new update is just making it worse if true

I hope house of wolves is leaning more more towards April release than June.

gonna cop new Battlefield though

Last edited:
I forgot to include the Shotgun changes with the update. Reducing range of them in Crucible and 2x (100%) increase of their damage against non-guardians.
Changes:

Increase damage by 2x (100%) against all non-Guardian combatants (aliens)

Reduce high end range values - damage falloff starts sooner, so Crucible players with long range shotguns need to be a little closer for successful one hit kills (Like the Fusion Rifle)

Initial starting ammo is reduced across all ammo stats in the Crucible: Starting a Crucible match, you’ll have less Shotgun ammo in reserve

In PvE activities we persistently track your ammo We only use initial ammo values if you are logging in for the first time, or starting a Crucible match

Back
Top Bottom