Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Nerfing Fusion Rifles & Auto Rifles? :x Autos arent even all that strong especially the new ones so whats the point of that and in Crucible if you miss with your fusion rifle, you're basically dead. So that is actually even. Buffing Pulse rifles however I can agree on, most Pulse rifles suck except Red Death, Bad Juju & that new crucible one Three Little Words. All in all Im starting to get tired of this game and this new update is just making it worse if true

You gotta put the game down for a short time, then come back.

I haven't played all week, so this weekend i'm goin in. :smokin

They are finally taking a look at reducing fusion rifles too (sorry @TEKtheMAESTRO)
Im all good! I use the PI so its never from a long range. Other dudes try to snipe with fusion rifles bout to be hot. 
Nerfing Fusion Rifles & Auto Rifles? 
sick.gif
 Autos arent even all that strong especially the new ones so whats the point of that and in Crucible if you miss with your fusion rifle, you're basically dead. So that is actually even. Buffing Pulse rifles however I can agree on, most Pulse rifles suck except Red Death, Bad Juju & that new crucible one Three Little Words. All in all Im starting to get tired of this game and this new update is just making it worse if true
Nerfing auto rifles AGAIN because theyre popular? Bungie does things the dumbest way possible. Not only that, but theyre nerfing the slower firing rifles (the only one you can still get thats not exotic is the Vanquisher...so they basically dumbed down the vanquisher and suros...again) harder? They already removed all the choices of slower firing rifles. Every rifle from every faction is a Dr. Nope type EXCEPT for the Vanquisher. And now the lone vanquisher is punished?

Bungie tries to control the game too much and claim its random or they listen to us. They completely removed choice by only having dr nope rifles in this expansion. Whenever a gun type gets popular, they nerf it. If a gun they want us to use isn't being used enough, they buff it. If a gun becomes highly sought after, they dont let xur sell it. (but its random doe!) you dont wanna buy the expansion? cool... the expansion maps will be the nightfall and weekly every other week so you can only play end-game content half the time (BUT ITS RANDOM DOE!) 

roll.gif

Oh and I refuse to believe their chart saying that Atheon's Epilogue is a top 10 used weapon used in crucible :x

Oh and I refuse to believe their chart saying that Atheon's Epilogue is a top 10 used weapon used in crucible
sick.gif
its definitely top 10. they just left off the end portion of that stat.

atheons epilogue is top a 10 most used weapon.... when players are completing their thorn bounty.

Yea you might have a point there with that bounty lol.

But they didn't need to nerf slower firing auto rifles. All they had to do was reduce effective range some. No they shouldn't out snipe a sniper or a scout at distance, but the damage didn't need to be reduced more. That's the wrong way to go about it.

I really dislike how they use crucible as a benchmark for weapons. I wish they would do that but apply the same benchmarks to people who raid and such.

And hand cannons should not be punished. They are great sure, but they require a skilled hand that not everyone has. We'll see how bad this range nerd is. If it punishes the medium range hand cannons than fine, but if it punished the Hawkmoon in crucible than **** them

Last edited:
Yea you might have a point there with that bounty lol.

But they didn't need to nerf slower firing auto rifles. All they had to do was reduce effective range some. No they shouldn't out snipe a sniper or a scout at distance, but the damage didn't need to be reduced more. That's the wrong way to go about it.
i mean auto rifles havent been able to hit from long in a LONG time now. i empty the clip on my vanquisher from scout rifle range and im lucky if i get their shield and half their life gone.
I really dislike how they use crucible as a benchmark for weapons. I wish they would do that but apply the same benchmarks to people who raid and such.
Best regards,

Bungie <3 "

There will be a day when the Gjallarhorn is nerfed especially since Deej said that is the most requested weapon for Xur to sell.

Last edited:
There will be a day when the Gjallarhorn is nerfed especially since Dee said that is the most requested weapon for Xur to sell.

Wolfpack rounds are gon do less damage...:smh:

On the real this nerfing news making me not even wanna play this no more. Gon cop Evolve & Order 1886 when they come out. I still gotta beat Tomb Raider and my Wii U got games that are just chilling too. If no one running raids or I get left out again then im done til Saturday n then ill only be on to help my friend thru NFs & Weeklies

Last edited:
There will be a day when the Gjallarhorn is nerfed especially since Dee said that is the most requested weapon for Xur to sell.

Wolfpack rounds are gon do less damage...:smh:

On the real this nerfing news making me not even wanna play this no more. Gon cop Evolve & Order 1886 when they come out. I still gotta beat Tomb Raider and my Wii U got games that are just chilling too. If no one running raids or I get left out again then im done til Saturday n then ill only be on to help my friend thru NFs & Weeklies

I played Evolve during the testing and the game got old very fast, just wasn't fun after an hour or so ... canceled my pre-order.

Last edited:
I think when you look at nerfs you have to look at relative to a comparable weapon. GGhorn does less initial damage, is slower, and has slightly worst tracking than a Truth. Not to mention hold 1 less rocket and has 1 less per magazine. They compare weapons to one another when they decide on nerfs.

They haven't mentioned anything about the Gghorn because ownership is still relatively low so there isn't a need to nerf it yet or to make encounters difficult because of it. People need to chill out for now about it. They said that heavies are balanced for the most part. Plus, it seems that balancing issues are based upon crucible, and the GGhorn is not overpowered in crucible, the truth is actually better IMO.

A lot of complaining in these last 2 pages :rofl:

If you like the game, you'll adjust. Everyone simply can't be pleased. Live and Learn.

A lot of complaining in these last 2 pages :rofl:

If you like the game, you'll adjust. Everyone simply can't be pleased. Live and Learn.

Basically, you have to adjust your play style , *cough* Frost and his full autos *cough*, but you'll be fine. If anything you'll become better. I know that I've become a better crucible player since I switched to the Hawkmoon. And that was after Zero telling me to do it since October.

I played Evolve during the testing and the game got old very fast, just wasn't fun after an hour or so ... canceled my pre-order.

Damn its like that then? Ehhh lol

And the nerfs are stupid regardless. I was leaning more towards Last Word in Crucible anyways. I dont even switch weapons when I use that thing haha. Its so much fun to use

ciscokid ciscokid Yo TPT gonna hold it down tonight... Not sure when cause I'm busy until sometime tonight but I know the rest of the guys will be on. I'll most likely be one around 1030 pst. We got 1 Costa run nm and then 2 vault runs to do

Hollywood Hust1e is currently available to help per diem. b. 

Shoot me a message if you need those karate chops

Ill be on later. Did 2 bounties earlier...still no fireborn smh.
Hopefully yall still would wanna HM or even NM Crota by time I get back. If not then I'll just do bounties to lvl up to that perk & lvl up my Heart Of Praxic Fire

biggie62 biggie62 I mean it's gonna perform better than those crappy TDE a r's, even with a lower total damage cap, right?

I mean if you have a good scout from an engram or a vendor that's 331 then it's probably better than a VoC. Where a VoC outclasses everything is during the Yogurt fight.

Back
Top Bottom